• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mathieu Flamini - Officially an AC Milan Player

Linson

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... SENAL+MOVE

Very interesting time to be saying this but you can hardly blame him. He's 23 now and hasn't secured, rightly so, a first team place. I think it's the right time to move on for him. He has served us well but with the emerging talents of Denilson & Diaby he has fallen even further down the pecking order. It would be a shame because he has done some good stuff at the club.

longrufus

Established Member
Not really a shock to be honest, when he looks at the players ahead of him, Cesc and Gilberto starting, with Diaby and Denilson, 2 players younger than him ahead in the pecking order. He knows he will have limited playing time in his favoured position. Cant hold a grudge against him to be honest. His ability was limited but every time he put on the Arsenal shirt he tried his hardest and never stopped running. Played a vital role in our Champions league run. If he goes, good luck to him.

Jkreffer

Established Member
If its genuine then I suppose its fair enough. He has gone down the pecking order and never really established himself fully. Good luck to him if he goes as he always gave 100%. Can see the Itialian game suiting him actually.

qs

Established Member
In fairness I don't blame the guy for wanting out but buying out his contract is a bit much. He should just let the club sell him. Wengers always been a real gent when it comes to players wanting to leave and I'm sure he'll let Flamini have the move he wants.

Buying out his contract would be a ****ty thing to do.-

M+D

Established Member
Can't we just sell him rather than him buying out his contract?
I'm not opposed to him going at all, in fact, I welcome the decision. There's too many midfielders at the club, and he's the worst of them, so he should go imo.

asajoseph

Established Member
No great loss, to be honest.

But I thought you had to be a certain age, and have a certain length of service before you could buy out your contract?

Rocafella

Established Member
I wondered why he had stayed this long without wanting to move on tbh. Somehow though I don't think he will be winning the Champions League anytime soon.

KingReyes

Established Member
Flamini wants out = Wenger thinks we have better than him and has placed him down the pecking order.

i've always felt he wasn't good enough for this club. Was going to happen sooner or later.

Linson

In all fairness you could never put down this guys effort. Longrufus and jkreffer are right in pointing out his commitment every time he put on the shirt.

Its a shame because I think he could be a very good midfielder, but he was never gong to be Arsenal quality, He would make a good top 8 team player I think.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well I wish him all the best
I do not blame him,he always given his best.
Would of thought Arsène will sold him rather then Flamini buying out his contract

nidza7

Established Member
He was a good servant for the club,but let`s be honest he`s mediocre player.Wish him good luck if he leaves.

law

Even though he was pretty poor in many ways I'll miss the little guy. He's been our most determined, dedicated hardworking player the last couple of seasons, always gives it everything he's got. Hopefully he'll get some appreciation wherever he goes.

Zico

Established Member
Sounds like the David Bentley story. Both good players. Just unfortunate that they're not 'super super class'. They'll both have successful careers, but it won't be a great loss to the team.

Good luck to a misunderstood and much-maligned professional who gave his best whenever he was on the field.

asajoseph

Established Member
quincy42 said:
Sounds like the David Bentley story. Both good players. Just unfortunate that they're not 'super super class'. They'll both have successful careers, but it won't be a great loss to the team.

Good luck to a misunderstood and much-maligned professional who gave his best whenever he was on the field.

Bentley is significantly better than Flamini. By quite some stretch.

The best that can be said of Flamini is that he tried his best when he got his chances. And fair play to him. But he's also an extremely limited footballer - he was never going to make it here.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
i might be the only one who is pretty upset to hear this, the guy has great teamwork and can step in at any moment and do a job.. teams need these kind of utility players
manyoo have fletcher, liverpool have zenden chelsea have geremi

famous no 10

Established Member
No great surprise...ever since he told Wenger he didn't want to play at LB anymore he's days were numbered.

Good little player but would never be much more than a fringe utility player for us imo.

Captain

Established Member
asajoseph said:
No great loss, to be honest.

But I thought you had to be a certain age, and have a certain length of service before you could buy out your contract?

I think that at Flamini's age you can buy out the last year.

Players who signed their contract after turning 26 (i think) can buy out the last two years.

sabret00the

Established Member
That's just ****e really. I thought we'd make a pretty penny (£2m) off him. But clearly he feels he owes us nothing.

Top Bottom