<

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by HBL, Sep 15, 2019.

1. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

I don't know who said he was a bigger talent than Vieira, but big clubs not coming in with money for Guendouzi really doesn't tell us anything. We know clubs like Villarreal and Valencia have been interested, PSG too, but big clubs are trying to solve their immediate needs with limited funds in an extremely complicated market, and also offload dead weight first, something which is proving difficult for them. It's not surprising at all then that they are trying to do these things first than look to buy a young midfielder who is one for the future.

Guendouzi would be a different prospect in a different market. Again, way too much hyperbole with this player around here, whoever said he was the next Vieira that was hyperbole from one side and whoever is saying he's not very talented and with great projection is also being hyperbolic on the other.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  2. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

No, but its not surprising in any case.

ATM, he's our last choice midfielder except maybe Willock. Xhaka, Ceballos, Elneny and whoever comes in of our targets are ahead of him.

If he manages to overcome that challenge and not act out he may as well stay.

3. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

i hope he leaves. His head is not screwed on right.

4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Him being left out again and manager preferring unwanted player like Elneny is clear massage we should sell

5. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

We haven’t been able to sell though, he’s been offered to the majority of Europe. We f*cked him in my opinion.

6. Taneruit

We did?

He rejected all of the realistic options (And sorry PSG/Barcelona/whatever aren't automatic options you're entitled to).

There was/is interest a plenty, but you can't force a move if the player rejects.

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Not really sure we f**ked him we offered him many chances to apologize and fix his attitude well seem he left it late. He still has a value but teams seem put of with his attitude

8. Macho

We f*cked him as in we’ve told the world he’s a problem and we don’t want him through our actions and leaks - which was unnecessary.

I am unaware of him turning down clubs, I’ve only gone on the clubs publicly coming out and saying they are not interested.

9. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

I’m not even sure Elneny is unwanted at this point. Guendouzi and Özil for example are and they’re not getting a sniff at being in the team. I doubt Mikel would play someone he knows will leave.

10. Macho

You reckon? I think he’s all about winning and will use who he has to.

I honestly can’t tell who’s still gonna be here come October, according to him he wants to keep everybody - which obviously isn’t the truth.

11. Taneruit

I highlight the last part. He is unsure about joining Atletico Madrid.

We could have sold him to Valencia, Atalanta, Villareal. All decent clubs. HE didn't want them.

The problem isn't us (alone). The problem is his ego.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  12. Macho

I can’t comment on GFFN but ESPN is a poor source and can not be taken seriously.

Agreed though it’s not all the clubs fault, the boy is clearly a knob. Not the first in world football though, I maintain the club could have done better.

AbouCuéllar likes this.
  13. MartiSaka

MartiSaka Active Member

Can't believe no one wants him, lol. So overrated by some Arsenal fans.

hydrofluoric acid, Macho and Pop Tart like this.
  14. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

In his first season he showed some balls despite being a bit dozy when tracking back, simple mistakes etc. He showed some great passing in moments but he for me is not a full game player . He is very overrated

kash2 and Macho like this.
  15. Stifmeister

Stifmeister New Member

I am afraid he is sinking a bit. Some fails outside the field and losing his place in first 11

16. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I think he would have been easier to get rid of had it not been known to all that he was a problem imo.

tcahill, Kav and TakeChillPill like this.
  17. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

Arteta's latest press conference suggests they have patched up, Guen is back in training.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  18. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Good news if true. He's still very talented. Just need to book him in the lobotomy and castration clinic and we're good.

19. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

he was doomed the moment the bum squad adopted him as their standard bearer and great hope.

20. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Unless you have the proper evidence to back this up, this is slander of our great organization good sir/madam...I will give you 24 hrs to retract your statement, or find the evidence to support your claim as I previously mentioned...if neither of these are delivered in the time frame, expect to hear from our lawyers.

Thank you and goodbye...xo

American_Gooner and Kav like this.