• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member

Good thing Les Bleuets don't require non-negotiables
Truthfully speaking Arteta is giving off some weird ego vibes similar to Guardiola. They both can’t stand strong characters (Özil, Guendouzi, Socratis) for Arteta and Ronaldinho, Deco, Zlatan, Etoo, Yaya for Guardiola. So I’m not surprised he has issues with Guendouzi.

Arteta wants yes men, Guendouzi will most likely tell him he’s a **** in French and walk off. Lol.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Crazy situation, he’ll get sold in the summer. Guy is a big talent, while we’re playing El Neny, playing Dani who isn’t our player and is crap anyway.

They don’t make you French U21 captain if you’re some nutter so I don’t buy this bad apple bollocks. Think this looks very bad on Arteta, an experienced manager just puts his arm around the player.

GDeep™

League is very weak
His attitude is phenomenal, guy fights for the shirt. The fire in him is clear to see. His next team/manager are getting a great young talent.

This might be me done with football you know.

Kav

Established Member
You wonder if Özil, Sok and Guendouzi were the three who refused the pay cut.
Who knows the truth. What we do know is that someone at the club outed Özil but kept the other names quiet. Which is the part that tells me this is orchestrated some how.

If it is those two then it just smacks of poor leadership on his part. Real leaders find a way to navigate the different personalities towards a common objective. Find out what motivates each member of the team and use it to your advantage. You also find out what demotivates them as well to avoid instances of low productivity. Communicating and understanding your staff/team is vital to getting the most out of them. Arteta seems to be a system manager and feels that players are just pieces to put in the system. He doesn’t yet realize that the talent is more important than the tactic.

Manberg

Predator
Maybe sending Guendouzi out on loan is so that Guendouzi gains some much needed maturity and returns to the club with a more professional and modest attitude?

Just a thought.

Manberg

Predator
Who knows the truth. What we do know is that someone at the club outed Özil but kept the other names quiet. Which is the part that tells me this is orchestrated some how.

If it is those two then it just smacks of poor leadership on his part. Real leaders find a way to navigate the different personalities towards a common objective. Find out what motivates each member of the team and use it to your advantage. You also find out what demotivates them as well to avoid instances of low productivity. Communicating and understanding your staff/team is vital to getting the most out of them. Arteta seems to be a system manager and feels that players are just pieces to put in the system. He doesn’t yet realize that the talent is more important than the tactic.

Or maybe he has an idea of the type of player and personality that he wants to manage?
Reminds me of Fergie actually. When Fergie was looking for transfers he prioritised player mentality first. Winning mentality is what mattered most to him. Guys who live for competition and wanting to beat the other team.
It was telling that Fergie mentioned in his autobiography that Hargreaves was his most disappointing signing, because of doubts about the mentality.

If Arteta only wants players that fit the character and traits that he would like in his team then I don’t see the issue. Arteta should be given the funds to get the players he wants, and any player he doesn’t fancy can be cast aside and sold.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Truthfully speaking Arteta is giving off some weird ego vibes similar to Guardiola. They both can’t stand strong characters (Özil, Guendouzi, Socratis) for Arteta and Ronaldinho, Deco, Zlatan, Etoo, Yaya for Guardiola. So I’m not surprised he has issues with Guendouzi.

Arteta wants yes men, Guendouzi will most likely tell him he’s a **** in French and walk off. Lol.
Did you actually compare a group of players who have all at one point or another credibly been amongst the top 10 or 20 players on the planet to the ghosts of Sokratis and Özil and a little punk who has done nothing in Guendouzi? Really? Arteta is the 3rd successive manager to decide Özil isn't worth the headache, Guendouzi had disciplinary problems before he got to Arsenal and Sokratis seems to have been entirely a footballing decision. Every player you mentioned Guardiola getting rid of was still one of the best in the world in their position when he moved on from them and went on to be beloved by other clubs and managers and still perform at a high level. And oh by the way, egotistical or no, he still won absolutely everything to be won after moving on from them. One of the most laughable arguments anyone has ever made here. If the best contribution you can make is to suggest that Arteta is somehow not his own man and just copies Pep at every turn with no actual evidence or rationality behind the claim then I really wonder what the point is.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Crazy situation, he’ll get sold in the summer. Guy is a big talent, while we’re playing El Neny, playing Dani who isn’t our player and is crap anyway.

They don’t make you French U21 captain if you’re some nutter so I don’t buy this bad apple bollocks. Think this looks very bad on Arteta, an experienced manager just puts his arm around the player.

Guendouzi needs to improve a lot to reach the level of a "crap" player like Ceballos..........

MikeVinna

Established Member

ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d9634ff27228cae88e3440-s800-c85.jpg

Arteta mishandled this situation so bad. I mean he’s a young player who made a mistake and he got banished for it. If we sell him and extend the likes of Elneny/Mustafi I don’t think I can support this guy anymore.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Özil & Doozy both had comprehensively well documented problems with other managers, but yeah its all about Arteta mismanagement.

I bet if Adebayor was still here kicking up a monumental stink you’d be blaming that on Arteta too :lol:

Do you guys remember the hype around the talented David Bentley when he first hit the scene and the subsequent discipline issues that led to his Arsenal exit? How did his career end up?

Im a big fan of Doozy but FFS.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Should've sent Guendouzi on loan much earlier tbh. Tho I still am not 100% sure he's got a future here.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
playing Dani who isn’t our player and is crap anyway.

Dani isn't crap FFS. Probably the same thing was being said last year at this time. I'm a fan of Guendouzi's but the same would no doubt be said about him if he were here, we're talking about him because of some good performances for France U21 (a level Dani has dominated with Spain, and is a full international) and Hertha. A bit of perspective, c'mon.

Like I always said, a more aggressive approach to the market was needed. Yeah, sure, maybe Aouar's camp had some ridiculous demands, but that should've been figured out earlier in the market, and an alternative option should've been selected. If Aouar is the guy we want long-term no matter what, fine, then we should've looked at short-term options like James, or Brahim, who can fit also with Aouar.

Money was an issue, well then you keep Guendouzi and buy Aouar (or sell AMN, and buy both, but that's another issue). We'd be better off with Guendouzi-Dani-Aouar, IMO, than with Partey-Ceballos-no one. That's a move that would've took some balls given how much we would've relied on a young player in Guen, but sometimes it takes balls in this sport.

Anyways, here we are, we've got Thomas, Dani, and Guen on loan, which is a nice 3 options for a pivot going forward. Let's hope we can get Guen back on board at the end of the season, would also give us some nice leverage in Dani negotiations.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
In terms of talent he is on par with Martinelli and just behind Saka in my estimates. Way above all the rest of the hale end plodders. Would be madness not to give him another chance. That is, if he still wants it

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

How did you arrive at the conclusion that he can’t stand big characters? What evidence do you have of this?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d9634ff27228cae88e3440-s800-c85.jpg

Arteta mishandled this situation so bad. I mean he’s a young player who made a mistake and he got banished for it. If we sell him and extend the likes of Elneny/Mustafi I don’t think I can support this guy anymore.
Were you saying the same last month, or is this something you’ve decided yesterday off the back of a tweeted video of him running around for the U21’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom