<

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by HBL, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

He's done under Mikel, there's no point wondering if he can do it here he's just not.

I wouldn't be against selling him but it's a shame as he's just a baby in midfield years.

His attitude seems like too much of a barrier though and I'd actually give it time in Hertha before we start pining for him again, he started very strongly here too.

GoonerJeeves likes this.
  2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Nothing is done this loan was needed his attitude was awful Germany are very good educating young players if it's didn't work then there no hopes on him he'll be new balotelli

3. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

Nah, pretty sure he's done here mate. Feel free to pull up this post if he returns and plays for us though, but yeah he's Özil tier for sure.

I think a few others will follow him too tbh.

4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I think the situation is different than mesut i hope if he have good loan he'll force Artera to give him another chance

5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

@Macho is right, he’s done here. Where we might disagree is why, others might question his ability or attitude but I think he’s done here because he didn’t get on his knees to Arteta.

Clearly a great young player with a phenomenal attitude. He fights for the shirt.

His face doesn’t fit though, so must be sold.

6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

France U21 captain too. That’s a big accomplishment, the French youth ranks are no joke.

CaseUteinberger and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  7. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Arteta thought let's make an example. And maybe it was justifiable and maybe it wasnt we will never know. What we do know is Guendouzi is talented. That isnt in question. And sometimes talented players need a different form of tough love.

What i do know is we bought a player for 8m who was at one point worth 30-35m. Who despite not setting the world alight played over 50 games for the club. You dont play 50 games for a PL club if you are complete rubbish. Especially at 19/20. That said player will if we are lucky fetch us 10m. That in itself is poor management.

Heskey, Macho, Rex Banter and 2 others like this.
  8. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

So what happens if Douzi does have an amazing season? Does Arteta beg him to sign a new contract or we're gonna lose him for nothing because Arteta is too big for that?

It's gonna be a funny situation me thinks :D

dka91 likes this.
  9. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Had another good game against Leverkusen on the weekend apparently.

10. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

While we’ve still got Xhaka stinking out the place. Non-negotiables FC.

11. novar

novar Well-Known Member

Instead of being exiled he should have been fined heavily and get his wages docked so he could learn some humility.

Don't follow Bundesliga so no clue how he's doing but at his best he was fun to watch and he certainly always looked better than most of our youth prospects bar Saka.

12. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

You know what, at least he would have tried to make something happen yesterday and taken responsibility(even if it worked out or not). I realise I used to be too harsh on him, I'll take Guendouzi having no positional sense at all over whatever the hell Xhaka and Ceballos are doing out there.

Trilly, Heskey, Ash10 and 8 others like this.
  13. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

14. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Promising player, Arteta/the club handled the situation terribly. Hertha have a bit of money behind them dont they? Maybe they make us a decent offer in January.

15. Gooner416

Gooner416 Established Member Trusted

Had he apologized, he'd be playing week in and week out with our current crop. Just a disappointment on all parties, including Matteo. Clearly a very talented player.

16. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

If Matteo does well, then Edu steps in and sorts any friction between him and Arteta. Per rest him and played a part in this loan. We need to keep decent players if only to oust the bums

Kevin Keegan likes this.
  17. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Well-Known Member

Sort your attitude out first kid.

Simple.

18. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Nice to hear. Hope he can have a great season. Either we sell him for a good penny or he is back in the squad and helps improve us. Win - win! :clap:

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  19. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Always said he was a top talent while bums were celebrating their bum ring leader xhaka staying & apparently winning the war while we finished eighth

20. Get These Hands

Get These Hands Off of my purse !

We do miss his energy in midfield.