• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
Don’t get me wrong I think Douzi is a bellend and has been average a lot of the time, but when it comes to our squad he’s better than **** players like Xhaka and Elneny. You can’t just get rid of him because you’ve got a bruised ego and want to look like a tough guy.

Exactly and we need a bellend in midfield. Someone who is gonna fight and give as good as he gets. We may have still lost with him in midfield against Sp**s but the french ****house wouldve made it a proper derby match. Doozi vs jose is the fight of the decade

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Exactly and we need a bellend in midfield. Someone who is gonna fight and give as good as he gets. We may have still lost with him in midfield against Sp**s but the french ****house wouldve made it a proper derby match. Doozi vs jose is the fight of the decade
he is a poseur not fighter

scytheavatar

Established Member
Don’t get me wrong I think Douzi is a bellend and has been average a lot of the time, but when it comes to our squad he’s better than **** players like Xhaka and Elneny. You can’t just get rid of him because you’ve got a bruised ego and want to look like a tough guy.

Better in what way? He doesn't pass better than them and certainly doesn't defend better than them. If he was playing for us right now he would yet be another low football IQ physically weak midfielder. That can look good when he has space and time to operate but is easy to be bullied off the ball everytime.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What are we getting from Cebellos? He’s poor and has rarely contributed anything. Not our player, and we will surely not be buying him in the summer with our limited budget.

What are we gaining from this deal? He’s getting minutes which will probably benefit him when he’s at Real Murcia next season or something.

GoonerJay24

Elneny is not a **** player and neither is Xhaka tbf, although the latter is limited in his playing style.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What are we getting from Cebellos? He’s poor and has rarely contributed anything. Not our player, and we will surely not be buying him in the summer with our limited budget.

What are we gaining from this deal? He’s getting minutes which will probably benefit him when he’s at Real Murcia next season or something.
I kinda like Dani (for what he can do not what he’s doing) but this is correct unfortunately. Just a waste.

novar

We're getting passionate tweets for these dark times

Melquiades

He’s 20/21, he has to be developed. Instead you have guys like Dani playing, who are trash themselves and not even our players.

Yeah, this is the thing with Guendouzi. It's easy to forget that he's exactly the same age as the likes of Willock/Nketiah/Nelson because he broke in playing so regularly so young. Just because he was 'average' at age 18-19 doesn't mean he can't be a very significant player when he hits his prime.

He should be a player who is still improving and is being developed, but instead those minutes are being wasted on players who won't be here next year.

It will be interesting to see if his loan this season is just a temporary 'punishment' before he's welcomed back into the fold or if the team is planning on totally washing their hands of him.

Raicore

Classic example of a player getting better in absentia.

With the exception of the Sp**s game last season he did sweet fa. Not the answer at all.

So so true. Doozy is just an average footballer. Prefer the minutes given to the Hale end boys instead. Hope we can sell him for profit

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We handled this extremely badly, but Arsenal have pretty much handled everything extremely badly since summer 2015 anyway, so we at least have consistency!

I think Guendo's contract is up in 18 months, he won't be signing a new one here...we have screwed ourselves out of any real fee for him, which is a shame as he could have fetched a decent amount for us at one point.

roz

Fake News Merchant
We handled this extremely badly, but Arsenal have pretty much handled everything extremely badly since summer 2015 anyway, so we at least have consistency!

I think Guendo's contract is up in 18 months, he won't be signing a new one here...we have screwed ourselves out of any real fee for him, which is a shame as he could have fetched a decent amount for us at one point.
I still think he’s going to become an incredible player. Mental how quickly people turned on him. Personally loved that nasty streak in him.

Will be at a top club by the age of 24.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I still think he’s going to become an incredible player. Mental how quickly people turned on him. Personally loved that nasty streak in him.

Will be at a top club by the age of 24.

His mentality/personality is his best attribute, if he learns to use it in the right way, it could take him a long way in this game.

roz

Fake News Merchant
His mentality/personality is his best attribute, if he learns to use it in the right way, it could take him a long way in this game.
Genuinely surprised Simeone didn’t want him at Atletico. Seems the perfect fit.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
That's so true, our decline started way back then and we are ripping the results of that atm. Even in Wenger's final years, I was saying that we will need years to repair the damage done by him and Gazidis. The old man left at the right time, leaving the club in shambles with an old squad with nothing to sell and some big contracts for players contributing nothing

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
ever since kroenke became majority shareholder, its been idiotic shyster management and money grubbing. Douzi was bought for 8m when he was worth nothing..then we wasted games playing him to raise his value and ultimately he was a dud. Cant attack and cant defend ... just a stats padder.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Douzi getting some glowing reviews in the press this week for club & country.

France Under-21s boss Sylvain Ripoll on Douzi & Tousart

“They always think of the team first and only then of themselves.

“They always try to keep the team going.

“You need such players as an intermediary between coach and team.

Hertha Berlin's sporting director Arne Friedrich -

"He's a fantastic player. We spoke to Arsenal before the transfer obviously, and I also spoke to Per Mertesacker, with whom I played in the national team.

"Our relationship is very honest, very transparent, and he had already said that he has such good quality and he's showed it already.

"From the first day when he came here to Germany onwards, he had to go into quarantine... I don't know what happened, I think either him or someone else tested positive so he had to sit in the hotel for the first two weeks here in a brand new city.

"He was so professional and we brought him some gear, a bike to work on and he was really, really ambitious to get on the field as soon as possible.

"Ever since, every day he shows in practice what a good player he is. He's so calm. He wants every single ball, even under pressure. He has his own understanding that he wants to win games.

"He has this intrinsic motivation to just show the world how good he is. This is what we need, this is what everybody needs and he is highly confident, which is also very important for our team because our team is still looking for structure.

"We are very, very happy to have him here and he's worth every penny."

Kav

Established Member
Better in what way? He doesn't pass better than them and certainly doesn't defend better than them. If he was playing for us right now he would yet be another low football IQ physically weak midfielder. That can look good when he has space and time to operate but is easy to be bullied off the ball everytime.
You know that you just described Xhaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom