• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Wow. Fellaini look like Guendouzi has been annoying him the whole time they are on the field. Which is easy to believe up on Guendouzi. I hate Fellaini with all my atoms in my body but got to say well done from him here.

Wow, didn't expect this from you, and that is odd in itself.

Fellaini just got rid of his own afro, regretted it and was jealous of this young guy bossing it with his afro. Simple.

Can someone explain why we gave him a 4 year deal and not 5?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Hearing a stay at the Emirates might be on the cards, and i for one am excited. Way more talented than the bulk of Hale End lads.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
We should bring in Fellaini to pull his hair and sort out his attitude.

2227.jpg

He looks helpless ffs

That was ****ing disgusting by Fellaini, still fuming. In the speed they are running it is ****ing dangerous to pull the hair back like that. One thing if you do it in the safety of your own home with your partner but that was disgusting.

drippin

His problems with behaviour were well known to the club, but his talent and age warranted a punt.

I'm not sure that explains it. And what problems? He just didn't want to extend at Lorient?

My guess is that Guendouzi had other offers and wanted a 4 year deal himself. He is on pretty low wages I think so why wouldn't the club want a 5 year deal?

Now we are in a very bad position. With 3 years in contract we could keep him for one more year no matter what.

drippin

That's why I said closest. He's not Dani yet. But if Ceballos doesn't return to Arsenal and we don't buy a replacement, Guendouzi staying will be key.

Yep. Guendouzi is ~3 years younger and the DMF/CMF position is usually one where players mature later, along with CB & GK positions.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'm not sure that explains it. And what problems? He just didn't want to extend at Lorient?
It does explain it :lol:

Think most of the squad wasn't even talking to him by the time he left Lorient - he's always had issues according to various sources.

Was banished from Lorient's first team twice for several months each by the time Arsenal came in for him- there were always reservations but there were also hopes that they could work on him.

4 years is pretty standard anyways tbh nothing wrong with that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I find it hilarious that he was offered in a swap deal many times this window and they all refused.
To be fair, cash is infinitely superior than a player you didn't ask for/nor planned to buy.

Agreed though still hilarious. The club were pretty open about his discipline problems and demotion in pecking order so, what did they expect.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I find it hilarious that he was offered in a swap deal many times this window and they all refused.
Says more about the market, think clubs want straight cash with most taking a hit with Covid.

Despite his talent, Guendouzi is still only a kid who needs a lot of developing. Also, don’t think there have been any swaps so far this summer, unless I’m missing some out.

DavidHillier

Back to A-M 😞
Exactly, so why post rubbish.

Young, English, National Team = premium price

Our club does not do a good job of increasing the value of players since Wenger left.

Maitland Niles will fetch more than Lacazette.
It's not rubbish. There were rumours of us being able to sell him for 60mil last summer.

If we can command that sort of fee for him, accept

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Says more about the market, think clubs want straight cash with most taking a hit with Covid.

Despite his talent, Guendouzi is still only a kid who needs a lot of developing. Also, don’t think there have been any swaps so far this summer, unless I’m missing some out.
Arthur for Pjanic. Book balancing swap.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
He's only 21 and despite being very rough around the edges I see some serious talent. If he can build on that by knuckling down and sorting out his attitude and be coached correctly then honestly I think he can be a top class player. Glad he's being given at least one more season. If he's still a problem player/doesn't kick on then I don't think any of us can defend him anymore.

WilshereGone

The guy's still very talented, I hope its true that he gets another chance. With Ceballos gone, he's the best player we have on the ball in midfield.

Reactions: roz

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
My concern is that he can't play next to Xhaka, both are terrible at defending with Douzi having more confidence on the ball but Xhaka offers a bit more experience. Both players have those costly mistakes in their game so no difference there

MikeVinna

Established Member
Could kick on with a second chance. And we know Mikel will offer him one. It all depends on Matteo now..

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
after two seasons in the PL, stats will tell more than any "potential". His stats are horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom