• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matt Macey: The Heir Apparent?

mug

wump
Looked good against Norwich yesterday. Cool head, sticky fingers and a willingness to attack a ball away from the line if he sees a threat.

Could he be the heir to Cech?

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Early days but he did okey. Very good save from Oliveiras shot. But lucky not to concede when he came off his line but the Norwich player missed his attempted lob.Certainly has the the physique needed. Btw, Martinez doesn't`t seem to get any playing at all at Getafe so far

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Macey is 23, Matrinez is 25, and they both have almost zero experience of playing high level football. Is this common practice with goalkeepers?

mug

wump
I thought he had safe hands and I may have "Everton wonderkid" Pickford in mind when comparing youngsters hands.

He did come out once for a missed punch. I think a missed punch is (hopefully) an anomaly, but the calm attitude was there all 90 mins (+ overtime) and he seemed to hang on to shots, rather than push them out as Pickford did.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Macey is 23, Matrinez is 25, and they both have almost zero experience of playing high level football. Is this common practice with goalkeepers?
At high level footy it is common place unfortunately, just the way it is.

You can only field one keeper at the end of the day it’s not like being a midfielder where they can fill in as a wing back for eg

nick gould

I thought he was good. He has good ball control with both feet and that can only be a positive after the Pete cech debacle on Sunday to have a keeper who can quickly control and pass the ball.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Chesney was top keeper in the making. Somehow between him and the team they managed to screw it up.

He was 20 when he played a blinder at Manu. That kind of puts Martinez and Macey's ages into perspective.

CJJ

Established Member
I didn't see the game, but based on the extended highlights it seemed like he had a solid game. Impressive save and good catch on the long short. (many GK's would parry)
How did he perform?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Way too early to say. Had a good 1st half last night. Barely tested in the 2nd. We also have to remember the confidence of a keeper ebb and flow. Right now he's playing with really little pressure or expectations on him. That will be tested as he gets more and more opportunities.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Are goalkeepers still considered late developers? Most of the best keepers I can think of are around his age.

Maybe he's a late bloomer.

Szczesny was already being considered as a future great in his teens and would have still been here if it weren't for his piss poor attitude and arrogance. Maybe he will be back when Cech retires?

Top Bottom