• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matt Turner: Head Turner or Head Scratcher?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We dominated Everton so well that it covered up how horrific he was yet again. I've seen my share of keepers who flap at the ball, he's so clueless about where he's meant to be positioned that he can't even do that. God help us if he plays a meaningful game. He's got zero positive attributes that I can see. If Saliba and Gabi hadn't nullified their attack we'd have conceded several. His level looks more less to be Ramsdale at Newcastle. :shivering:

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Got runnarson type vibes so far, looks totally lost. Hopefully he can turn it around, or we will be in for a Matt Ryan type loan during mid season break.

Legend14

Established Member
Did he make a mistake today? I thought he played well and its just two matches. He’ll get better and better I believe.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Worried about him if he's going to start in europa.
Last season we didn't really need Leno because we weren't in Europe. But we actually need Leno this season. Really weird transfer this.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He just looks so nervous out there and it effects his decision making. Pre-season or not I'm hoping that with a clean sheet under his belt those nerves might start to lift now.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Didn’t watch but if he was as suspect as people are saying then it’s entirely predictable tbh. Ludicrous transfer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Proabaly watched Pickford last night, and thinks he can still make it at a Prem club.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He looks like a squirrel trying to successfully cross a highway with motorists driving over 90 mph (that's 145 kph for you).

FortunateDisguisedBorderterrier-size_restricted.gif

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Proabaly watched Pickford last night, and thinks he can still make it at a Prem club.
To be fair Pickfords form towards the end of last season saved Everton. Always looks chaos but capable of worldies.

Signing a keeper from the states always seemed like a move to get representation from USA. For 7-8m or whatever it cost definitely could have found better. West Ham signed Aerola him knowing he's number 2 or at least fighting for a start for similar money. Wages probably higher but he's as good as a number 2 you may get.

Burnley got Nick Pope (again would never come to us because he probably wanted guaranteed starting) for 10m.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Worried about him if he's going to start in europa.
Last season we didn't really need Leno because we weren't in Europe. But we actually need Leno this season. Really weird transfer this.
We have made some weird gk decisions under edu and arteta that we have continually had to back track from. Not followed this guys career but he doesn’t even seem to be able to play with his feet which is what u would think teta would want independent of his poor positioning. We are probably only saving 5 mill by not securing a more known quantity with a reasonable ability to play as teta wants.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If this guy is as bad as people are saying then there has to be some sort of internal review, cos for a manager to sanction transfers for Runarsson and then Turner is just crazy. Just get a reliable back-up and you won’t have to spend more money 12 months down the line.

StefanB

Still cannot get my head around selling Emi for £17m with 2 years left while in the form of his life because of Leno. Only to bench Leno and sell him for peanuts 2 years later.

How many times must this be repeated?

Martinez wanted to be guaranteed first choice while Arteta said he would have to keep fighting with Leno for the number one spot. Martinez didn't want that and left for Aston Villa so he could be undisputed first choice.

If it was up to Arteta Martinez would've stayed and fought for his place (and kept it if he kept his form up).

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Was just thinking that - played well for us, seemed like a good character. Would have been perfect but maybe he wanted to be the number one.
lmao nah he was happy to get a start bro.

I don't actually know what Arsenal are doing with the keepers. I read a while ago they planned to have 2 homegrown players for the #1 and #2 spots to save on foreign player spaces which made a lot of sense.

They seem to have abandoned this now though, wonder how impossible it would be to sign David Raya (their original target before Ramsdale).

Latest posts

Top Bottom