• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matt Turner: Head Turner or Head Scratcher?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
And after that, he's gonna be after your number 1 shirt here Aaron ...proper footballer we have 🏈
Ramsdale probably had his head done in when Turner kept calling it offsides and telling him he's named after the Super Bowl champions, LA Rams

DuBB

Looks good for a number 2

He really does.

This magical Number 2 that people want, who's very good at shot stopping and also almost as good as Ramsdale with his feet is almost impossible to find because someone of that profile would be a Number 1 in most places.

So you'd have to compromise in some way... a great shot stopper with OK feet, or an OK shot stopper with great feet. Or someone who is only average at both.

I'll go with the 1st option. Someone who can keep the ball out of the net.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think the Bodo game was a complete turnaround. Like I said, I have no worries about his goalkeeping abilities, had a good 1vs1 stop now too.

The worry was his playing with his feet. But wow, what a difference in a short time. Maybe he was anxious or something in the last game, but this time he didn't almost make a bad pass, and they weren't the easiest either.

Great stuff.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I think the Bodo game was a complete turnaround. Like I said, I have no worries about his goalkeeping abilities, had a good 1vs1 stop now too.

The worry was his playing with his feet. But wow, what a difference in a short time. Maybe he was anxious or something in the last game, but this time he didn't almost make a bad pass, and they weren't the easiest either.

Great stuff.
I actually was impressed with his decision making and passing in the 2nd Europa League game too. And the first I thought was a bit promising also tbh. Even that shaky moment where he kinda ****ed it up I liked that he was clearly following the tactical instructions of trying to play out and not being afraid of making mistakes in the build-up even if it didn't come off. Basically since I've seen him in meaningful games I've been impressed and can see why they picked him as our no. 2. Obviously not nearly as talented as Ramsdale with his feet but tbh Ramsdale's shot-stopping is worrying (-.13 xGA-GA 43rd percentile, .28 xGA-GA/Shot on target 40th percentile this season, -.13 25th percentile last season and .24 6th percentile xGA-GA/Shot on target last season---tbf, for a bit of context, Ederson was 40th and 40th percentile in these categories last season, so it's not too bad considering the level with feet we're talking about), though hopefully continues to improve.

Bruce S

I've seen Turner since he joined the Revs. Turner is an amazing elite shot stopper. But average with feet. Not bad, just average. But when things get hairy, I'll take the elite shot stopper every time.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Aaron Ramsdale on the bench looking at Turner's performance:

arsenal-aaron-ramsdale.gif

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is steadier than Ramsdale. Feels Ramsdale is capable of crazy saves, but more error prone as well. I can see him eventually getting the shirt

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He is steadier than Ramsdale. Feels Ramsdale is capable of crazy saves, but more error prone as well. I can see him eventually getting the shirt

Nah no chance, he’s shaky with the ball at his feet. Can do enough with his feet to play simple at international level but there’s no way he could do what Ramsdale does.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Let's not go overboard. He's still heart in mouth when he has to build up from the back. He's done well in this World Cup but it's not quite the same as having to do it against PL opposition.

Pop Tart

Established Member
The only one who really impressed me for the usa in this tournament, great double save and quick reactions.Think usa are a bang average side

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Let's not go overboard. He's still heart in mouth when he has to build up from the back. He's done well in this World Cup but it's not quite the same as having to do it against PL opposition.
Build from the back? I didn’t know keepers were playmakers. We overuse the keeper way too much with how we play. Slightest pressure pass to the keeper

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Build from the back? I didn’t know keepers were playmakers. We overuse the keeper way too much with how we play. Slightest pressure pass to the keeper
Most of your takes suggest you don't watch football so thanks for confirming.

Top Bottom