• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matt Turner: Head Turner or Head Scratcher?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

A butthurt American shocked by me calling an American player garbage. This guy is as bad as that Puffin eater we had.

Did losing 2-0 to Canada not teach you humility? Or do you think Christian Messi is going to win the WC?
Americans over the years have produced really good keepers. So they have credibility when it comes to goalkeepers. So if he is the best in the US right now. He must be of good level

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Liked that Matt Ryan was an Arsenal fan, when he was here...so it's nice to have another Arsenal fan in the team.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
A butthurt American shocked by me calling an American player garbage. This guy is as bad as that Puffin eater we had.

Did losing 2-0 to Canada not teach you humility? Or do you think Christian Messi is going to win the WC?
Where's your evidence?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's interesting that here in August 2021, Turner says his dream is to play at any Premier league club. At the end of the video they have photos of United, Chelsea and Liverpool when talking about an EPL move.

His coach who has coached many EPL goalkeepers says from the GK's he has coached, he is his top 3 of all-time, and that he can play at EPL top level.

Looks like a very shrewd singing, we might even make a small profit when selling older Leno. What's nice is that I would like for our GK's to compete, and Turner as an Arsenal fan should be a good 2nd goalie who wants to be here unlike Leno now.

What is a doubt is his passing, but I have read that he has made a lot of improvements in that area.

He is also a bit like Ramsdale, in that he has had difficulties which he has risen above, so he is mentally strong.

"MATT TURNER AT A GLANCE:
  • 2021 Allstate MLS Goalkeeper of the Year

• In 2021, earned MLS All-Star and Best XI honors

• Named top goalkeeper and a Best XI selection in the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup, helping the United States win the tournament with five clean sheets in six appearances."

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Sounds like a guy who has room to grow and has a mentality to keep Ramsdale honest. A bit different than the entitled brats we've recently had here.

AmeriGooner

Turner starred in the USMNT friendly win over Morocco yesterday. Two sites I saw gave him a match rating of 8 and 9 respectively for his 8 saves and a clean sheet. More good news for those clueless enough to still doubt Turner’s shot stopping ability.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Turner starred in the USMNT friendly win over Morocco yesterday. Two sites I saw gave him a match rating of 8 and 9 respectively for his 8 saves and a clean sheet. More good news for those clueless enough to still doubt Turner’s shot stopping ability.

He may well be a good player but this classic American arrogance is very funny when the richest country on earth struggles to qualify for World Cups when half of their qualifying matches are against 3rd world nations. Chill. Let's see what he can do in England before beating our chests.

Dusty56

Player:Smith-Rowe
Watched the game yesterday and he had some good saves. His problem has always been with the ball at his feet. However, he did look much better in that department yesterday. Morocco pressed for large parts of the game but Turner consistently found an open player instead of clearing it away like he's done in the past. I can't recall a single nervy moment for him on the ball.

Gunner-Union

He will be very good cover. I’d also like us to look at Weston McKennie or Tyler Adams either would be a good signing for midfield and not can defend and attack

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Frightening transfer. EPL isn't ready yet for his skills.

Top 4 is in the bag

AmeriGooner

He may well be a good player but this classic American arrogance is very funny when the richest country on earth struggles to qualify for World Cups when half of their qualifying matches are against 3rd world nations. Chill. Let's see what he can do in England before beating our chests.
Arrogance? Pot, I’d like you to meet kettle.

I’ll skip over your clear unfamiliarity with concacaf qualifying and it’s flying bags of piss and pitches that better resemble the western front of WWI. Most of what I’ve seen on A-M regarding Turner involves discounting him immediately because he’s american. It’s not like there hasn’t been a healthy number of quality American keepers in the EPL over the years.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Arrogance? Pot, I’d like you to meet kettle.

I’ll skip over your clear unfamiliarity with concacaf qualifying and it’s flying bags of piss and pitches that better resemble the western front of WWI. Most of what I’ve seen on A-M regarding Turner involves discounting him immediately because he’s american. It’s not like there hasn’t been a healthy number of quality American keepers in the EPL over the years.
The absolute scenes when I live in New York was born in Indiana (on an Air Force base no less) and am more American than you. I'm not unfamiliar with the qualifying format or opposition. I'm just not delusional like you complaining about pitches. The USMNT is not very good. That's just reality. Therefore it's rather silly to be hyping this kid up before we see a second of him in the PL especially given that his highest level so far is a retirement league. Now go and find some humility before embarrassing yourself further.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Kasey Keller, Brad Friedel and Tim Howard are the standout (only) Amercian PL GK's I can recall. If that's his minimum standard then I'm hopeful.

Top Bottom