• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matt Turner: Head Turner or Head Scratcher?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Cant believe Sp**s got Forster and we got this guy...ffs

At least Sp**s didn't get Ben and his vlogs, that would have been heart-breaking!

TornadoTed

Established Member
Give the lad a chance and a bit of time FFS. He has been struggling with jet lag and is being asked to learn a level of passing out from the back he hasn't done before.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Footballers are human too, they suffer from things like grief, home sickness, depression, jet lag, settling in new Country etc. Just like the rest of us.

He has crossed the Atlantic 4 times in less than 3 weeks.
Think your call for patience is sensible. I know I've contributed to this with my frustration about our goalkeepers over the last few years but we should give Turner a chance at least. I think he will end up being better than he's looked so far and hopefully the positional issues are mostly down to nerves (or even jet lag / fatigue like you said)

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Give the lad a chance and a bit of time FFS. He has been struggling with jet lag and is being asked to learn a level of passing out from the back he hasn't done before.
This is top flight football, not f*cking Sunday league. Jesus Christ.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think your call for patience is sensible. I know I've contributed to this with my frustration about our goalkeepers over the last few years but we should give Turner a chance at least. I think he will end up being better than he's looked so far and hopefully the positional issues are mostly down to nerves (or even jet lag / fatigue like you said)

He said it's mostly down "to the way we have to play" i.e adjusting to being on the ball more than previously in his lengthy interview.

Makes the signing even more weird tbh, unless they purposely looked for a keeper with different qualities to Ramsdale.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He said it's mostly down "to the way we have to play" i.e adjusting to being on the ball more than previously in his lengthy interview.

Makes the signing even more weird tbh, unless they purposely looked for a keeper with different qualities to Ramsdale,
Yeah it does because skill on the ball has been a prerequisite with all our other targets and even the good reports about Turner flagged it as a relative weakness.

Honestly though, I just find it hard to get too worked up about our backup keeper. Leno and Martinez were obviously really good backups but it's not the end of the world if he has to be shipped on again, it just looks really bad on Edu and Co.

Legend14

Established Member

Makes the signing even more weird tbh, unless they purposely looked for a keeper with different qualities to Ramsdale.
American keepers usually have a weakness in using their feet, but they impress with using their hands. So, if we wanted someone similar to Ramsdale, I am not sure why we recruited Turner. It will be an adjustment for hiim.

I am fully behind him though. I can see the winner in him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

American keepers usually have a weakness in using their feet, but they impress with using their hands. So, if we wanted someone similar to Ramsdale, I am not sure why we recruited Turner. It will be an adjustment for hiim.

I am fully behind him though. I can see the winner in him.

You seem invested :lol:

Don't think he's going to matter much anyways.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Turner looked fine in both games I seen him?
If Ramsdale has bad form it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Turner will be our #1 keeper.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He looked like he settled down when he came on for Ramsdale against Chelsea although he didn't have to do much.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
4-0 up at home at halftime, in a friendly game that didn't really matter...still didn't get any minutes.

Even Runarsson got a few competitive games before getting dumped, has Mikel already lost faith in him :lol:

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Can see him having the same career path Runarsson had.

Fail at a cup game showing, then never seen again

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Thought he looked calm when he came on against Chelsea although they didn't do anything.

Legend14

Established Member
No reason whatsoever to cast stones at Turner. He hasn’t played enough for anyone who had not seen him play make a judgment. Settle down. Let’s see him play some before evaluating.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We try to be too clever with these back up keeper signings. Puffin, Turner etc.

I'm not going to write the guy off yet as it's only been 2 friendlies, nerves are probably to be expected.

What I don't get is his distribution doesn't look amazing so far. If that's the case why not go for a tried and tested PL keeper like Forster. You know what you're getting. A decent, no frills, old school keeper. You'd have no fear with him stepping in for a few weeks if Ramsdale picked up an injury.

Top Bottom