• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matt Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The age thing means very little in a keeper to me, in fact 27 is relatively young.

Side by side 5m for him and 10m for Leno, I agree looks poor but I'm pretty certain his wages, or whoever we sign, will be an absolute fraction of Leno's. That transfer would be all about getting his wages of the books.

As I said though, it would make more sense to me to have someone who can occupy a homegrown spot to essentially sit on the bench.
It doesn't make any sense. Buy cheap and **** buy twice. Or maybe 3 times. We signed Runnarson for a couple of million and gave him a 4 year contract on 30 or 40k a week.

That's money completely lost.

How many players, regardless of position, and regardless of age have came from the MLS and made it in the PL? Could count them on you're left hand.

I see weak management here. Similar to AMN. Tell them they signed the contract and they will serve the club until the end of the season. If they aren't happy tough. Bending over letting players say I want to leave now and making it happen and replacing them with either nobody (AMN) or some bum from the MLS because he's on low wages is bad management.

And it will cost us as it always does. We seen when Runnarson had to step in for Leno.

Goonger

The age thing means very little in a keeper to me, in fact 27 is relatively young.

Side by side 5m for him and 10m for Leno, I agree looks poor but I'm pretty certain his wages, or whoever we sign, will be an absolute fraction of Leno's. That transfer would be all about getting his wages of the books.

As I said though, it would make more sense to me to have someone who can occupy a homegrown spot to essentially sit on the bench.

Think the homegrown keeper isnt as important now that the first choice keeper is homegrown. Clubs seem generally happy as long as 1 out the 3 keepers are homegrown.

With the squad make up the way it is currently, are we even close to having to worry about non homegrown spaces?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Think the homegrown keeper isnt as important now that the first choice keeper is homegrown. Clubs seem generally happy as long as 1 out the 3 keepers are homegrown.

With the squad make up the way it is currently, are we even close to having to worry about non homegrown spaces?

Yeah probably not but it's effectively someone to sit on the bench so may as well be fill it with someone who'd count as homegrown.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Quality of the keeper aside, this is what a well run club usually does, so kudos to them.

If only we were so proactive in other areas of the pitch.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sounds like a decent call that. Too much desperation to change your second goalkeeper mid season. I wish Leno the best of luck come the summer, but we need him to stay till the season is over.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Quality of the keeper aside, this is what a well run club usually does, so kudos to them.

If only we were so proactive in other areas of the pitch.
i was surprised when i read we want to buy him this winodw when Leno seem stuck here also we giving him chance to start for USA in world cup and play games when MLS kick off next month. so all in all the deal make sense we already signed the backup we wanted.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Make sense having him in summer nobody interested in Leno this window.

It’s amazing how teams are prepared to throw money at any old sh!te when it comes to other clubs but seem to refuse point blank to give us a penny. We must have the most annoying negotiators in world football.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It’s amazing how teams are prepared to throw money at any old sh!te when it comes to other clubs but seem to refuse point blank to give us a penny. We must have the most annoying negotiators in world football.
the GK market in January is complicated unless you have injury crisis i'm totally sure leno moving in summer when teams looking to strengthen the squad. also Leno earning close to 100K a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom