• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

This kid has been getting a lot of stick from people who prefer to see the Hale end products. However, if you actually watch him play, you will notice that he can pretty much do everything that Xhaka can do except maybe his positioning defensively. Basically, playing him along Xhaka is wasting a midfield space because some of the jobs they do are duplicated. Secondly, the balance is not right if they are played alongside each other because all the weaknesses that this kid has, Xhaka also has them. We would be better served if we get someone with contrasting but compatible style to this kid to play alongside him. Maybe someone more mobile, more defensively aware, makes vertical runs into the box.

For me today the highlight was his face when we conceded the second goal. His face had pure anguish written all over it. He was close to tears because he is a natural winner. I would play him Ceballos, and one of Willock Toreirra, my heart tells me Willock. In midfield.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The both of them can not operate together. Having xhaka along side him negates his strength.

From now on, it should be a midfield of guendouzi, willock/ceballos, Torreira.
I hear you.

I agree, it’s a pretty redundant partnership but I don’t think that Xhaka takes anything from Douzi. It’s more that Xhaka barely contributes anything to the partnership.

Kav

Established Member
As I said elsewhere play him in the pogba role (juventus days) alongside two good midfielders who can do the defensive work and transition play. He will be able to develop well if he doesn't have the responsibility of marshaling the midfield and protecting the back line.

He's not defensively sound but he's mobile and has the desire to work for the team. He can be a great player if he keeps focused and work at improving his game.

His only weakness right now is his positioning defensively and his lack of strength. He needs a little gym time to help him protect the ball. Falls down a little too much for my liking.

Will be a good player and i am routing for him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

On the one hand, it makes me tremendously proud to see him battle for the shirt the way that he does. The lad actually truly cares and that's beautiful to see. On the other hand, it's very troubling that a 20 year old who was playing 2nd division football in France little more than a year ago demonstrates the most leadership qualities at the club. That in and of itself explains a lot.
The division he came from doesn’t matter tbf, nor does the age. Leadership is just something you have.

You don’t hold it against a player for not being a leader, we should just be grateful we have one, I’ve heard good things about Tierney as well so that might be two.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This lad is something special. Just hope he stays. He’s quick, runs at players and wants to make things happen. The exact opposite of Xhaka.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

This lad is something special. Just hope he stays. He’s quick, runs at players and wants to make things happen. The exact opposite of Xhaka.
When he lost his head and just started running directly into the Villa box.

It’s like they didn’t know how to defend against this madman who was refusing to pass the ball around the box without purpose. :lol:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Get Wenger back to coach this kid and guaranteed he will shine even more! I love his passion and how much he wants to win!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Like having Fabregas all over again, a 20 year old showing more character than anyone else on the pitch. Super talent.
Definitely got that same fearlessness and confidence about him, even if he hasn't got gangsters like Henry, Vieira, Pires et al to worry about embarrassing himself in front of, like Cesc did. Imagine what a 20 year old Cesc would do for us :facepalm:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He’s what United fans think Pogba is. Arsenal fan since childhood too. Deserves captaincy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom