• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The division he came from doesn’t matter tbf, nor does the age. Leadership is just something you have.

You don’t hold it against a player for not being a leader, we should just be grateful we have one, I’ve heard good things about Tierney as well so that might be two.
They do matter in the context that he seems head and shoulders above some of his teammates in maturity, commitment and leadership in spite of having taken a massive step up in competition at a very young age and in a very short period of time. Sure, some players aren't natural leaders but every player should have it in them to roll up their sleeves and put in a shift when it's required. Both times we went behind, this young man visibly decided that we would not be losing today and that is both tremendously heartening in terms of him as an individual and tremendously disheartening when you consider how few of his teammates have got the same mentality. I have high hopes for Tierney. He seems like another who will give everything and has a great maturity and commitment. I just wish it weren't like looking for a needle in a haystack at this club.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

They do matter in the context that he seems head and shoulders above some of his teammates in maturity, commitment and leadership in spite of having taken a massive step up in competition at a very young age and in a very short period of time. Sure, some players aren't natural leaders but every player should have it in them to roll up their sleeves and put in a shift when it's required. Both times we went behind, this young man visibly decided that we would not be losing today and that is both tremendously heartening in terms of him as an individual and tremendously disheartening when you consider how few of his teammates have got the same mentality. I have high hopes for Tierney. He seems like another who will give everything and has a great maturity and commitment. I just wish it weren't like looking for a needle in a haystack at this club.
I prefer to see the positive in this. At least we have a guy like Guendouzi on our team. He is young and unless he is hit by injuries we can ride that horse for years. He will only get better and better.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Just watched the highlights again. His penalty win gave him a big boost and he was brilliant after that, he won us the game. Simply does not work being paired with Xhaka, he leaves a lot of open space behind as he roams and needs someone that can put in a shift next to him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Just watched the highlights again. His penalty win gave him a big boost and he was brilliant after that, he won us the game. Simply does not work being paired with Xhaka, he leaves a lot of open space behind as he roams and needs someone that can put in a shift next to him.
Definitely. A couple of moments for me changed the game. Him winning the penalty and him being paired with someone with a brain.

Ashybashy86

Was he a Sven signing?

Fascinated to know how we picked a 18 year old kid out of Ligue 2 and he’s our best midfielder almost a year later.
Gazidis royally f***** up investing in StatDNA. Signed nothing but average using that data analysis. Imagine thinking Xhaka was a suitable replacement for Cazorla because of stats. :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think it has more to do with how rubbish our other options are, LOL.

He’s doubtless playing far beyond his years though, he’s in the French squad and he bossed the NLD.

As poor as we are in the middle of the park he’s still a quality option. It’s just baffling how anonymous he was when we signed him and yet he’s been a first team player since day one.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He’s doubtless playing far beyond his years though, he’s in the French squad and he bossed the NLD.

As poor as we are in the middle of the park he’s still a quality option. It’s just baffling how anonymous he was when we signed him and yet he’s been a first team player since day one.
Definitely. 200% agree. Must admit though, after 32 minutes against Villa I was worried he'd not make the entire game without getting sent off.. Huge mentality!

Keplaz

I was annoyed with that yellow at Watford. We lost something when he had to be subbed off. He may have had a bad game but we completely lost the midfield when he went.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I was annoyed with that yellow at Watford. We lost something when he had to be subbed off. He may have had a bad game but we completely lost the midfield when he went.
He needs to work on this. Getting carded for nothing recently. I love the passion but save it for when it counts. A ref has never, in my experience, changed his mind from a player shouting at him.

Preacher

Always Crying
16n95mcebao31.png

Elite.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You guys need to relax, he was great in the second half but was a liability in midfield at times and has to work on the defensive side. He still has a long way to go

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
You guys need to relax, he was great in the second half but was a liability in midfield at times and has to work on the defensive side. He still has a long way to go

Good point, but the mentality and talent is there for him to be a really big player. His lack of concentration is perhaps just a sign of his young age and inexperience after all.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A lot of credit must go to Emery as well. He’s developing the kid very well and gave him the chance a few coaches would.
He’s seen something in the lad and persevered with him. Takes guts and vision to do that. Arsenal will be the beneficiary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom