• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What I don't understand is why he chases people down then just lets them pass the ball or run past him, why chase them in the first place?

Santi was good at everything on the pitch apart from shooting and his stamina, elite player.

Think he just likes running around tbf, like a child who has had too much sugar.

Midfield looked a bit better today, gassed itself for the second half but at least we showed we could press/attack somewhat...hopefully Freddie fixes the starting eleven next game.

mpower2540

Think he just likes running around tbf, like a child who has had too much sugar.

Midfield looked a bit better today, gassed itself for the second half but at least we showed we could press/attack somewhat...hopefully Freddie fixes the starting eleven next game.
I may well be wrong, in fact I hope I’m wrong but I felt like the good start was because Norwich were very wary of us and our “new manager bounce”. The penalty palaver didn’t really do us any favours because it got the crowd up which made Norwich intensify their game.

It’s becoming a common theme really where we play against teams who play against the name/badge of Arsenal for a period of time then have an epiphany and think “hang on, this lot aren’t very good”, up the pressure and we struggle. Worrying times

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Im beginning to think we need to drop Guendouzi and give him a break. He needs time out to rest and also realise some things he should improve on.

I think he's really bad for counter attacks. He's never in good positions and until we sort that out tactically or he learns to adapt/ change his role then he shouldnt be considered a nailed on starter anymore.

Riou

I may well be wrong, in fact I hope I’m wrong but I felt like the good start was because Norwich were very wary of us and our “new manager bounce”. The penalty palaver didn’t really do us any favours because it got the crowd up which made Norwich intensify their game.

It’s becoming a common theme really where we play against teams who play against the name/badge of Arsenal for a period of time then have an epiphany and think “hang on, this lot aren’t very good”, up the pressure and we struggle. Worrying times

Think as others have said, our midfield is so average now, teams fancy their chances against us massively...the poor defence doesn’t help either!

Think if more teams feared our midfield, they wouldn’t be getting to our defence so often...think the last time we could command respect in the middle, was when we had peak Özil and Cazorla in it.

mpower2540

Think as others have said, our midfield is so average now, teams fancy their chances against us massively...the poor defence doesn’t help either!

Think if more teams feared our midfield, they wouldn’t be getting to our defence so often...think the last time we could command respect in the middle, was when we had peak Özil and Cazorla in it.
Even then I don’t think we gave Santi the partner he deserved. He needed a physical athlete/ball winner next to him and the best we could do was Coquelin, Arteta etc. I’d give anything to have prime Vieira in our midfield now

ksarp

Im beginning to think we need to drop Guendouzi and give him a break. He needs time out to rest and also realise some things he should improve on.

I think he's really bad for counter attacks. He's never in good positions and until we sort that out tactically or he learns to adapt/ change his role then he shouldnt be considered a nailed on starter anymore.

There are some things that tells you a lot about players.. when I watch tape of Guendozi, what jumps out at me is tendency to embellish even in clear cut situations. It drives me crazy because that extra second spent taking an unnecessary extra touch is an extra second for a defensive recovery and rotation to the ball. Xhaka is equally guilty of such..perhaps it explains why our transition game is an eyesore.

I was really surprised he started today. Are we really that bankrupt that we have to start Guendo at the 6?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We couldn't keep the ball after he left the field. Saying that though he is simply not good enough for top 4 yet. Great talent but I think this over reliance on an inexperienced youngster gets us nowhere.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He has a lot of good talents and his willingness to bring the ball forward is admirable, but you can see he needs to be coached more in order to be disciplined and willing to track back.

His jogs back when being countered remind me of Denilson jogging back as Rooney (Pukki) is steaming forward.

That meek attempt to shot from edge of the box was hilarious though, it was like passing the easiest ball to Krul for a catch.

mpower2540

He has a lot of good talents and his willingness to bring the ball forward is admirable, but you can see he needs to be coached more in order to be disciplined and willing to track back.

His jogs back when being countered remind me of Denilson jogging back as Rooney (Pukki) is steaming forward.

That meek attempt to shot from edge of the box was hilarious though, it was like passing the easiest ball to Krul for a catch.
Agree massively with this. He needs to develop some “killer” attributes to his game or he’s not going to make it at the very top level for me.

The more I watch him the more I think he needs a free role to succeed. His shooting technique is weak right now but if he can develop physically a little more his ball carrying could be a big asset to us, he also has an eye for a killer ball which he needs to use more.

I’m constantly flip flopping on Guen. There are times when I think he’s utterly pointless but then he’ll do things that make me think “wow” (his assist against Sp**s was outstanding). Right now if he’s going to play I think he needs to be in a free role. We don’t have the midfield to accommodate his lack of recovery/defensive nous, it puts us under far too much stress.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What I don't understand is why he chases people down then just lets them pass the ball or run past him, why chase them in the first place?

Santi was good at everything on the pitch apart from shooting and his stamina, elite player.
I think he has poor agility. Sometimes his body shape is all wrong when he goes 1v1 on a player then he seemingly can't turn quickly enough to adjust and catch them. I think it's something that can be coached but so far it's not been done. AMN has a similar issue in that his body shape going into duels can be poor but he is fortunately quite agile - not that he uses this as often as he should.

clovis

Another heavily overrated Arsenal youngster. The only on our books who has world class potential is Martinelli. Everyone else including Guendouzi is below average.

All he does is run like a headless chicken. If he had a normal haircut no one would notice him. he is not getting more than 10 caps for France.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Even then I don’t think we gave Santi the partner he deserved. He needed a physical athlete/ball winner next to him and the best we could do was Coquelin, Arteta etc. I’d give anything to have prime Vieira in our midfield now
Even if we had prime Viera or prime Yaya... if managers put them as CAM they become useless. That’s what managers are doing to Willock playing him as CAM

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Another heavily overrated Arsenal youngster. The only on our books who has world class potential is Martinelli. Everyone else including Guendouzi is below average.

All he does is run like a headless chicken. If he had a normal haircut no one would notice him. he is not getting more than 10 caps for France.
I completely agree... he is like that big kid with no technical ability but he plays because he is big and starts running until he crash with someone. You can run with the ball like that if you are Viera or Yaya... but even they knew how to pass the ball quickly and play it simple.

running with ball is a resource of many ... not the only one.

Riou

A central midfield wonder kid, who could do it all...dribble, pass, lead drunken chants against our rivals during parades...IT ALL :drool:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Needs a few games on the bench I feel. So many mistakes off the ball yesterday but he's been doing it for weeks and for some reason it doesn't get highlight as much as others when they make less errors. As a young player you accept this sort of stuff but at the same time he can't be guaranteed a starting spot if he's becoming a liability, which he is currently.

mpower2540

Even if we had prime Viera or prime Yaya... if managers put them as CAM they become useless. That’s what managers are doing to Willock playing him as CAM
You'd think Freddie would know where to play him since he’s worked with him at youth level as well as this season. I do think we’re in danger of expecting too much from him though purely because his profile is that of a player we lack in the middle. He’s still a kid and needs time to develop.

ksarp

Terrible player, no idea what some people see in him, either he's always out of position or he's instructed to always do the wrong things in the field.

soccer IQ of a goat. His decision making leaves you bedazzled. Has not improved on his mistakes.. seen this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom