Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 9, 2019.

?

How much do you love Guendouzi?

1. Very much

35 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Très beaucoup

42 vote(s)
    47.2%
  3. More than my mother

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Jeff? He is not even at the club anymore. Where have you been?

I dont rate Xhaka that is for sure. Think Torreira and Douzi are decent talents at their best. Elneny sucks. Want to see how far Willock can go this season but I have a lot of faith in him!

Starting midfield should probably be either Douzi or Xhaka with either Willock or Torreira. I belevie Willock has the attributes to play with any of them.

progman07 likes this.
  2. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

Ceballos - Willock - Özil
    or Xhaka - Ceballos - Willock

depending on the situation / strategy

Maybe likes this.
  3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Surely XHaka is too slow to be on the periphery of midfield.

4. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Well you would have though Emery had figured that out by now but he seems to favor him above everything. I think Xhaka will start most games no matter what!

Mark Tobias likes this.
  5. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Yeah, and Wenger too who bought him!

Red London and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  6. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

He’ll start every game until at least 2023 when Emery signs a 3 year extension by the end of the season. It’s time to stop moaning and accept this!!

7. drippin

Luckily we have good prospects at CM now, who will push Xhaka out if he doesn't step his game up. By this I especially mean those stupid fouls & easy passes to opposition in crucial areas.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  8. Aevi

Aevi Moderator Moderator

Guendouzi comes out well in this graph composed of U23 midfielders.

[​IMG]

Preacher, pigge, Rex Banter and 2 others like this.
  9. drippin

Heheh. He is similar or better than Neves & Ndombele in progressive runs and passes, but some here say he can't attack and is B-Grade Elneny. Even Arthur & Aouar are worse in these stats.

This fits with what I have seen from him, but still a bit surprising he is that high up there. Great share.

TornadoTed and pigge like this.
  10. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Nice graph. Thanks

11. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Great share, love when stats reinforce opinions. Doozy with more progressive runs and equal passes to ‘signing of the season’ Ndombele in a tougher league. Fantastic.

Ceballos and Nkunku really close together, further reinforces that we actually have a transfer strategy and that Emery spotted the lack of ball carrying in our midfield.

Also RLC and that Maxime Lopez are freaks.

Impact, drippin, BigPoppaPump and 2 others like this.
  12. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

hope he gets a run in the under-23 team

13. mavelous

mavelous Tinfoil hat aficionado Trusted

Crazy that he outshined Xhaka and Ceballos. He was the tidiest with fewest mistakes, and always progressive and so assures on the ball as well.

Nice to see improvement on defensive side as well, there is quite a bit to go but with another complete midfielder next to him it could be a joy to watch.

14. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

He got skills that go underutilezed if we play him as the middle deepest One of the midfield 3

15. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Xhaka is injuried numbnuts

Because you cannot be talking of the ncst game!

Guendozi was better this game but I put that down to us finally playing a midfield 3

And Guendozi still had moments where it is like he doesnt know where he is or where he should be.

16. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Weakest of the 3 midfielders but was a good performance nonetheless. He is much better deeper on the pitch and keeping it simple. Did very well to help his teammates beat the press.

Iceman10 and RacingPhoton like this.
  17. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

He should be our holding midfielder, but the manager is going to have to talk with him and inspire him to excel in that simplified and more disciplined role where he has potential to be world class. Right now he's just youthful and adventurous, trying to almost be three players in one.

18. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

The club picked him out for individual praise last week as our star man :facepalm:

19. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

He is a unreal talent. Dont quite get his positioning. He doesnt play dm, when we have possesion he drops to almost a left cb. In possesion i would like to see him carry it abit more, i think in a few years he would be a very hard man to get the ball from.

20. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

50 appearances already at Arsenal!

Feel like he will be what Xhaka can't be.