• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's a good player who plays his best football when the game becomes chaotic. It's not a coincidence that his best performance has come for us when when we were chasing a goal and we abandoned our shape.

That's why he's not really flourishing in Arteta's system which is more structural

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He's a good player who plays his best football when the game becomes chaotic. It's not a coincidence that his best performance has come for us when when we were chasing a goal and we abandoned our shape.

That's why he's not really flourishing in Arteta's system which is more structural
He will need to adjust though to get game time. I like him as a player and hope he can continue to improve, but if he cannot play within the system and do what is expected of him he needs to sit. Think the fact that we are stringing together some clean sheets and look harder to beat is a huge plus. Hope Guendouzi can be part of what Arteta is building. I for one would miss him. He has a bit of personality which our team otherwise sorely miss.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He preformed well today still long way to go he still rushing on tackles leaving the midfield so open and he need to stop holding the ball alot it's just useless because he can't dribble.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I can't comment that much on his performance because he is obviously very young and needs to improve, but I'm getting so frustrated with seeing him rolling on the floor every 5 minutes. You wanna watch the game as a football fan, not watching this guy faking injuries 10 times a game

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Sell for £40m and it's really good business. This is the kind of model we need now (for the ones that are good but probably won't become what we need).

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Will never understand why People have so little patience with young players. Especially ones that have Single handedly (almost) ****ed Sp**s
You would expect from any youngster some improvements in his game after a year and a half of regular first team football, but unfortunately, that didn't happen. On top of that, his behaviour on and off the pitch is really poor and fans are turning their backs on him.
He still has some support from manager and club, but I don't believe that will last for long if they don't see a major improvement before the end of the season. Summer transfer window is close and this is the time for him to impress and secure his place for next season with us, and if he doesn't do that I can see the club making a move for some other promising midfielder.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
You would expect from any youngster some improvements in his game after a year and a half of regular first team football, but unfortunately, that didn't happen. On top of that, his behaviour on and off the pitch is really poor and fans are turning their backs on him.
He still has some support from manager and club, but I don't believe that will last for long if they don't see a major improvement before the end of the season. Summer transfer window is close and this is the time for him to impress and secure his place for next season with us, and if he doesn't do that I can see the club making a move for some other promising midfielder.

Such an unfair take. No one looked better after a year and a half under Emery. Please tell me who did? Saka looks better now after several weeks with Arteta, but he looked to be dwindling not long ago.

Not sure why people are so hard on Guendouzi the moment he falls out of favor with Arteta? Not even a fallout, just Arteta being a manager to finally show some spine. Maybe Guendouzi won't develop into a great player, but it is so early to throw him under the bus. He certainly shows talent and passion. I think it's better if he doesn't start so many games, but I still have time for him in our team.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Such an unfair take. No one looked better after a year and a half under Emery. Please tell me who did? Saka looks better now after several weeks with Arteta, but he looked to be dwindling not long ago.

Not sure why people are so hard on Guendouzi the moment he falls out of favor with Arteta? Not even a fallout, just Arteta being a manager to finally show some spine. Maybe Guendouzi won't develop into a great player, but it is so early to throw him under the bus. He certainly shows talent and passion. I think it's better if he doesn't start so many games, but I still have time for him in our team.
No one did, that's why we are a mid table team. You are saying it's unfair but you didn't support that statement with arguments. I can't see a single thing he improved in his game and I even liked a player from day one, and you didn't bother to tell me what part of his game did improve after a year and a half of regular football.
I'm not saying here he won't be a success one day, but there has to be a limit of how long can a club like Arsenal wait on a young player whose progress is just flat over a long period.
It's also unfair to other young players who are not getting any chances

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Positive thing about the kid is his mentality when it becomes a total **** show and all hell breaks loose. He thrives in chaos.

He can be fearless and take the game by the scruff.

But when it's time to be tactical and follow a rigid game plan he tends to struggle.

He has some talent, but it's really difficult to see what sort of midfielder he develops into.

He is not a playmaker, he doesn't score goals, he isn't physical or powerful, he is not great at reading the game or providing cover defensively.

Some of his flaws are not as easy to address as many think.

At least with a Joe Willock you look at him and can see the sort of player he can develop into. Even with all his bambi on ice moments.

You can see the powerful long strides ala Vieira and Diaby.

You can see goal scoring potential, you can even see good base to be monstrous disruptive force on defense if it all clicks.

Willock is not the most talented prospect we have, but he can be the most dominant and influential if he fulfills his potential.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
He's a great individual player and thus a great prospect. The only problem is his inability to play in a team and thus often drags down his fellow midfielders rather than his presence making the team better as a whole.
As said before, he thrieves in chaos.

And that's the concerning thing with him, there's no indication he's working on that flaw so far. I just hope Arteta will manage to get through to him, if he does Guendouzi would instantly go up a few levels as a player. (IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom