• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Players that respect the values that we want to implement, that are 100 per cent committed to our culture and players that are accountable every day for what we demand from them.

“Players that are ready to help each other, fight for each other and enjoy playing together. That’s what I mean by being on the boat.

“You behave like this every day, you are very, very welcome here and we want to get the best out of you and help you to enjoy your profession with us.”

Tom349

I recall reports of Arteta being vocal in his playing days about Wojciech Szczensy being unprofessional and mucking about which later led Wenger to move on from him. Guendouzi seems to be similar larrikin to that of Wojciech so wouldn't surprise me if these reports are spot on.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I recall reports of Arteta being vocal in his playing days about Wojciech Szczensy being unprofessional and mucking about which later led Wenger to move on from him. Guendouzi seems to be similar larrikin to that of Wojciech so wouldn't surprise me if these reports are spot on.
A great example on why we shouldn't judge players so quickly. Woj has done very well for himself since that incident.

Still believe Guendouzi has a great future ahead of himself, hopefully it's at Arsenal.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A great example on why we shouldn't judge players so quickly. Woj has done very well for himself since that incident.

Still believe Guendouzi has a great future ahead of himself, hopefully it's at Arsenal.

But maybe Szesznsy being moved on was the reality check he needed to start taking things seriously... He was smoking in the showers ffs

Some people need a metaphorical slap across the face.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
But maybe Szesznsy being moved on was the reality check he needed to start taking things seriously... He was smoking in the showers ffs

Some people need a metaphorical slap across the face.
A reality check would imply that he was sent somewhere worse than at Arsenal. But he transferred to Juventus, a bigger and better club than Arsenal.

Smoking in the showers didn't stop him from being one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

Same with Guendouzi, being a bit edgy won't stop him from becoming a great footballer.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A reality check would imply that he was sent somewhere worse than at Arsenal. But he transferred to Juventus, a bigger and better club than Arsenal.

Smoking in the showers didn't stop him from being one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

Same with Guendouzi, being a bit edgy won't stop him from becoming a great footballer.

Who knows what would or wouldnt have happened or what will with Guendouzi.

If Arteta thinks he isnt being good for the team you have to back it. Hes been captain in winning teams and assistant to a PL winning team.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Who knows what would or wouldnt have happened or what will with Guendouzi.

If Arteta thinks he isnt being good for the team you have to back it. Hes been captain in winning teams and assistant to a PL winning team.
At the end of the day, I back Arteta of course.

As for the experience Arteta has, it doesn‘t mean he‘s infallible and can‘t make mistakes. Wenger has much more experience in winning and building teams than Arteta does and he still made a huge blunder with Wojciech. That‘s why he is such a great example.

Let‘s see what happens, I for one hope that Arteta/Guendouzi can put their differences aside and sign him to a long term contract soon.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
After everything thats happened over the last few years (Alexis saga, Özil holding the club to ransom ect) I am now more than ever of the opinion that 'no one is bigger than the club'.

If the guy isn't being respectful towards his club and his profession, then just get rid. He has talent, but let's be honest, we have had bigger and better players in the past, and will do in the future.

I very much think Arteta has this mindset as well.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He hasn’t been in any training footage since the Brighton game. Now that could just be the club editing him out and making sure no pics are taken but it’s weird.

Imagine if he’s gone on strike. :lol:

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

He's immature and has a lot of growing up to do. Whether it's at Arsenal, who knows. There's been glimpses of a player in there but by **** he's petulant.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Ffs noooo Guendouzi what are you doing. We picked you from obscurity in Lorient and gave you stardom! Get your head straight!

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Coincidence we are playing so much better without him, and the midfield works more fluid and offers more protection to defenders? I don't think so... He is the weakest body in that midfield. He offers no protection and slows the game. Without him Xhaka looks better than whenever he plays along him. Just sell him and make some money. Use that money for real players.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Southampton 2-0 win
Sheffield United 2-1 win
Norwich 4-0 win
Wolves 2-0 win

He looks really bad right now. It’ll be interesting if his agents starts piping up when we lose a couple.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Arteta wants to instil strong club values in our youngsters, and it seems Guendouzi would rather play around - the new contracts for Saka and Martinelli both signed in his absence shows strongly whose values matter most

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom