• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Just goes to show there are still unknown gems available out there, if you know where to look. Sven+Emery will have to dig another one up for our wing position.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I like your way of thinking, but is this a setup we’re likely to seem from Emery atm? Isn’t he focused on a 433?

That is a 433. I would personally prefer Iwobi or even place Mkhi there but that's more fantasy than what I've seen in practice. Ofcourse Iwobi can do well in CM as he has done in the past, rather, it's the combination of players that makes it unexplored.

In theory Iwobi would act as the ball carrier and more attacking CM, with Torreira and Guendouzi alternating the holding position. Özil in most cases tends to have a free role so I expect most of the wing play to be on the left with Iwobi and Özil creating from the middle.

Emery favours playing youngsters and the three are at a good age to fully internalise his philosophy. I'd gladly let go of my love for Xhaka if it meant seeing that partnership blossom.

marting

Gueddouzi, Rambo and Torreira in a 3 for me, But with rambo a little more adventurous. We will lose Xhaka's range of passing and Ozils passing ability but lets just get some pure graft in there and build from there..

The kid has been great in my eyes, Lets not over hype him, His going to make mistakes and he will cost us goals, but his young and doesnt shy away from taking a ball in tight areas, lets allow him to grow.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Gueddouzi, Rambo and Torreira in a 3 for me, But with rambo a little more adventurous. We will lose Xhaka's range of passing and Ozils passing ability but lets just get some pure graft in there and build from there..

The kid has been great in my eyes, Lets not over hype him, His going to make mistakes and he will cost us goals, but his young and doesnt shy away from taking a ball in tight areas, lets allow him to grow.
If Emery decides to play 433 then I’d prefer Iwobi and possibly mkhi over Ramsey. We need players who can influence the game in possession and not just in the box

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Another very good game, he's making himself undropable at the moment. I'd like to see him with Torreira and Iwobi. The former for his defensive side, the latter for his attacking side. No rush to bring Ramsey in, let him commit to us before we commit to him.

-Guendouzi_stats.jpg

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Another very good game, he's making himself undropable at the moment. I'd like to see him with Torreira and Iwobi. The former for his defensive side, the latter for his attacking side. No rush to bring Ramsey in, let him commit to us before we commit to him.

-Guendouzi_stats.jpg

Could very well put Ramsey on the right wing spot. Might help Bellerin to have someone who can help him defend, albeit occasionally.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Could very well put Ramsey on the right wing spot. Might help Bellerin to have someone who can help him defend, albeit occasionally.

Yeah we could but if he doesn't commit I'd prefer not to play him, especially when we have other options. We are not in the same position as Alexis last season.

Nemetoss

A disciplined Ramsey on the right will give us more protection on the right wing and Emery can still make use of Ramsey's stamina for pressing. We can put Auba on the left, Laca up top, with Özil at No 10. A midfield pair of Matteo and Lucas. Lichtsteiner at RB would give even more security to the right .Nacho 'Mr Consistent' Monreal on the left, and a CB pairing of Sokratis and the German clown. This seems like our best lineup imo, but I feel like we need to give Iwobi games because it feels like he'll explode this season.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

@razörist Yo I didn't realise those stats were for the entire league :eek: thought it was for just Arsenal . Holy ****
Yes well to be fair its the combination of his work-rate, positioning and us being pressed back for the majority of those two games why he got these good stats. I told you that would help him a lot after his first pre-season games where there was critique on his defensive side. Who knew working hard and having a pair of brains would come in handy?!

thierrytheking14

Would love to be proven wrong
Depends on what you expect to see from a raw 19yo kid from Ligue 2 after two league starts mate.

I wasn't expecting a world beater but I also wasn't expecting to have a kid with this talent and potential on our hands.

I do partly agree with you that he ideally would be integrated a bit slower but Torreira had less integration in pre-season and he had two good games against stiff opposition.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Depends on what you expect to see from a raw 19yo kid from Ligue 2 after two league starts mate.

I wasn't expecting a world beater but I also wasn't expecting to have a kid with this talent and potential on our hands.

I do partly agree with you that he ideally would be integrated a bit slower but Torreira had less integration in pre-season and he had two good games against stiff opposition.

Torreira is a world cup player, proven serieA

I just dont think a couple of preseason games and a few weeks of practise warrants starting

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Guendouzi has been a really nice surprise. He plays very mature and with a lot of composure.

And those locks! Our female fans must be very very happy! Although not having Mr. Handsome aka. Monsieur Giroud and his perfectly manicured beard might still smart...

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Great player! Now Arsenal is fourth from the bottom since he is playing the whole minutes in last two games.

There were times when Arsenal used to beat the **** out of Chelsea, like last season, but still all is good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom