• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
The thing I like the most about him is his competitiveness. Really adds dynamism to his game. But he must take care sometimes, and not overcomplicate matters too much.
Agreed. Thought he was dwelling too much on the ball against Qarabag. Probably his worst performance so far next to the Newcastle one imo.
He took the goal very nicely though

This kid is special. There is something Diaby-esque about the way he moves, and it's a pleasure to watch his little feints and turns. His passing and vision are also amazing, even if we exclude the fact that he's only 19! Tbh, it's hard to find something he's visibly bad at that needs improving.

Barring long term injuries, I can see him becoming one of the best midfielders in the world. He just oozes class whenever he touches the ball.

ClubLevel

He always manages to find space as well when he is on the ball and you only feel that with gifted players. Very exciting talent. Just hope we keep onto him.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
There is something Diaby-esque about the way he moves

Don't be so Harsh on Guendouzi, I think he has been decent for us and exceeded everyones expectations.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Diaby would have been class without the injuries. One of the saddest things I have seen is his career being destroyed by injury. Although he had a tendency to lose his head...

The one at Sunderland was an assassination not an injury. He would surely have been on the bench for the upcoming CL final, who knows what would have happened, could of been a butterfly effect leading to a future where Brexit and Trump never happened.

God damn Dan Smith!!:mad:

ClubLevel

Also thought Guendouzi coming on against Fulham was a masterstroke. One we was leading with no real danger and two given the space he always finds and his passing he just looked so dangerous. A good weapon to bring off the bench to really hurt teams when they are tired and he is allowed even more space than he usually finds.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This kid is special. There is something Diaby-esque about the way he moves, and it's a pleasure to watch his little feints and turns. His passing and vision are also amazing, even if we exclude the fact that he's only 19! Tbh, it's hard to find something he's visibly bad at that needs improving.

Barring long term injuries, I can see him becoming one of the best midfielders in the world. He just oozes class whenever he touches the ball.
Definitely. He's not quite as tall or as strong and Diaby had a lot more bite in the tackle but Douzi certainly has time to catch up in those areas and he's not far behind technically either. He's a real delight and should only be getting better for us.

nick gould

He was the most impressive player tonight. Seemed to be the most coordinated midfielder in terms of passing and using space. I do think he was taking a few too many touches but so were the other midfielders.
Thought so as well. He was dwelling on the ball unnecessarily. There was this one incident he was on the left side of Torreira. The pass he had in mind was mikhi on the right. He moved with the ball past Torreira looking for an angle before finally passing it to mikhi. That could have been achieved by passing to Torreira and pointing at mikhi. Torreira would have and that would have used less energy.

Song Billong

What’s Guendouzi going to be like after a few years of PL experience and growing into his body? We’ve got a lot to look forward to.

I'm wondering this too. He can obviously glide around the pitch and spray passes about, he's got great vision, passing range and can maneuver his body/the ball to beat players like Özil does.

But with more size to his rig he could become more physical and combative, which can match the edge he has to his game. Hopefully he develops into the perfect partner for Torreira.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm wondering this too. He can obviously glide around the pitch and spray passes about, he's got great vision, passing range and can maneuver his body/the ball to beat players like Özil does.

But with more size to his rig he could become more physical and combative, which can match the edge he has to his game. Hopefully he develops into the perfect partner for Torreira.
I think him and AMN already are a perfect complement.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Always looks good when he plays, would never have guessed he's 19 from the way he plays. Looks very much like a steal for £8m at the moment

It's the fact that he has personality to match his talent that I like most. There was an incident in the 2nd half when he made a run into the box on the outside left, megged a sporting player, and put it on a plate for Welbeck. Look at his reaction when Welbeck's shot was blocked. He went mental.

This kid is an animal and I'm here for it.

Eduardo_da_Silva

I loved when he jumped into Sporting player defending teammate.

He has all the tools to become a great player. Long time since we had a world class talent and now we have more than just one.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I loved when he jumped into Sporting player defending teammate.

He has all the tools to become a great player. Long time since we had a world class talent and now we have more than just one.

So strange that after so many years of youth projects, the best we've had since Cesc is a French kid that Wenger didn't get! And quite possibly, the second best will prove to be the final one Wenger introduced to the first team, Iwobi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom