• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It's the fact that he has personality to match his talent that I like most. There was an incident in the 2nd half when he made a run into the box on the outside left, megged a sporting player, and put it on a plate for Welbeck. Look at his reaction when Welbeck's shot was blocked. He went mental.

This kid is an animal and I'm here for it.

I agree- his personality on the pitch is fantastic. He’s so desperate to win. I remember him celebrating the equaliser when we lost to Chelski, he went ballistic :lol:.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I don’t see the world class potential. I don’t see a bad player but I don’t see that.

Really?

I see world class potential easily! What he’s doing at 19, considering where he came from is unreal. He’s got a bit of everything to him. He’ll continue to fine tune his skills, improve positionally and become a fixture in the team.

I’m excited at the prospect of his development.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Reasoning behind your opinion?
No idea tbh, I just haven't been wowed by him.

Admittedly I always seem to miss the games where he gets a full 90 minutes for one reason or another. What do you think he has that will eventually set him apart from other players?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
No idea tbh, I just haven't been wowed by him.

Admittedly I always seem to miss the games where he gets a full 90 minutes for one reason or another. What do you think he has that will eventually set him apart from other players?

The way he strikes the ball, the passes he sees, control of his body and most importantly the competitive nature of his mentality leads me to believe he'll push himself to be the best. There's no doubt he's got talent but striving to become the best is something that will develop your talent/game to it's full potential. I believe Guendouzi has that kind of mentality to become world class player.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The way he strikes the ball, the passes he sees, control of his body and most importantly the competitive nature of his mentality leads me to believe he'll push himself to be the best. There's no doubt he's got talent but striving to become the best is something that will develop your talent/game to it's full potential. I believe Guendouzi has that kind of mentality to become world class player.
His vision is Özil-esque. His movement and control in thight spaces is Cazorla-esque. He splits defenses with his through balls every game. With his passes he pretty much forces other players to act forward. World-class potential definitely.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
His vision is Özil-esque. His movement and control in thight spaces is Cazorla-esque. He splits defenses with his through balls every game. With his passes he pretty much forces other players to act forward. World-class potential definitely.

Not to mention his ball-winning, stole the ball from City and Chelsea veterans like they were amateurs, absolutely outrageous.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
tenor.gif

HBL

Established Member
Definitely has world class potential. Özil also thinks he is the most talented youngster in the squad.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He has very few areas to significantly improve technically and his mentality is elite, confidence unwavering. He lacks tactical knowledge but that can be taught.

The biggest step that I can see him making is physically. He is tall and robust in the tackle, but he isn't strong and he isn't powerful. I think Arsenal will really develop him physically. He needs players to bounce off him and a Guendouzi at 22 will look completely different to the one currently.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
What also impressed me yesterday against Sporting was how calm and assertive he was when defending corners. Had some really good clearences with his feet. It shows his defensive prowess and awareness are also very decent, he's certainly not a liability on set pieces.

Cruisio

Established Member
A future midfield of him and Torreira offers a hell of a lot down the line. Both very good players at passing between the lines and defensively sound

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I don’t see the world class potential. I don’t see a bad player but I don’t see that.

Neither do I , kid has great ability to hit sweet passes but there is so much more to midfield than that but the staff obviously rate him so who am I to say . To me ANM has all the tools to be WC.

Eduardo_da_Silva

First we have to define world class in order to think about someone as world class potential.

For me, world class represents someone who is a pivotal player for a top team capable of giving top performances on a constant basis and proving to be deciding factor in winning games and winning titles.

If You analyse his game, I see a combination of great running capacity, above average technique, very good passing, ability to impose himself at a very young age and attitude that shows great self confidence and bravery. Its always difficult to judge so early, but its those mental aspects and that intangible feeling of influence I have when I see him play that makes him stand out for me.

I see him becoming a top player for us, I see him becoming a leader of this team and I see him improving in almost every segment I consider a world class player has to have.

Time will tell.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Neither do I , kid has great ability to hit sweet passes but there is so much more to midfield than that but the staff obviously rate him so who am I to say . To me ANM has all the tools to be WC.
It's interesting that people see players so different. In my opinion ANM seems a midtable++ talent while Guendouzi is clearly a worldclass talent.

Now both are young and anything can happen. But if both developed equally much i'd say guendouzi would come out clearly ahead as he seems much better than ANM at this moment.

Also, guendouzi is 2 years younger :eek:

Cruisio

Established Member
I'm curious as to what people think he doesn't have in his game that could make him potentially world class.

His technique, vision, aggression and most importantly, his ability to read the game at 19! Is ridiculous. I'll wait for how many other players people can name who were showing off such abilities at 19 at CM in the PL.

Weird that people think they can already judge if he is world class potential or not.

Firstly majority on here didnt even know he excisted before the summer. Few have clue how his play style was at younger levels. But almost everyone can agree you dont transfer your playstyle from youth ranks or France to Premier league so easily. He is only 19 ffs.

There is a lot more to come but for me his stand out ability is his determitation and physique which he still can improve on massively.

Think in year or two we will see him dribble and use his technique a lot more. Think he and Torreira are gonna boss it!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Some make him sound like a random busker from Slough, granted he looks like one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom