• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I've started to get a bad feeling about him for some reason. Something about his mentality/work-rate or something i think. I do not like the feeling. Hopefully its nothing though, i really loved him before though.

Anyone feel something similiar?

I feel like we have a 19 year old French kid with north-african roots which is a good omen in itself. He has shown absolute class ability to pass through the lines, ball control, the ability to intercept, leadership, and he’s eager to prove himself. The talent is there for everyone to see, the mentality is good and he has the trust of the manager. He will make mistakes but the most important thing is his development which will go really fast. I am really happy that we found him and very hopefull for his future at Arsenal.

It’s probably the balloons that put you off, nothing he has done recently on the pitch could have that effect. Don’t fall for it, media always wants to start trouble.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've started to get a bad feeling about him for some reason. Something about his mentality/work-rate or something i think. I do not like the feeling. Hopefully its nothing though, i really loved him before though.

Anyone feel something similiar?
I didn't know anything about him before he signed but he's been the best surprise of the summer. He was a bit of a fan before he signed. His work rate,desire to ein snd passion for the club look 100 percent to me. He's technically sound but a little naive which is to be expected. Cesc is the last young player that blew me away-I feel he's that good. Your later post talks about him looking for free kicks and you make a fair point. He'll learn not yo rely on the refs in due time. It's like Özil not jumping to head the ball and not getting a decision. He's been so good that a lesser performance makes you worry and I don't blame you given our recent luck. He's sound and hopefully you're just feeling pessimistic atm.

LG10

I'm as big an AMN fan as anyone but I think it's a reach to call Guendouzi a water-carrier. He's a good all-round midfielder, he just needs to be smarter.
He’s good at evading pressure deep with his dribbling and moving the ball. Can’t do anything in the final 3rd and not great defensively. Also a powder puff physically. Can be a very good player for us but the overhyping has been ridiculous. Basically a rich mans elneny (which isn’t a bad thing).

Tsl

He’s good at evading pressure deep with his dribbling and moving the ball. Can’t do anything in the final 3rd and not great defensively. Also a powder puff physically. Can be a very good player for us but the overhyping has been ridiculous. Basically a rich mans elneny (which isn’t a bad thing).
Everyone who compares Guendouzi with Elneny shall not be taken seriously.. Just show your lack of football knowledge. He created two good chances alone today, and still, it should not be what he is rated on, since its the offensive players responsibility. He can be much better defensively, but he is still only 19 years old.

HBL

Established Member
He kind of is, last week it could’ve been Miki instead of him in that role behind Laca/Auba and even this week with a different shape Özil or Ramsey might have played instead
He has only been in the team whilst we've been playing 3 ate, before that he wasn't.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's trying and it was good to see Monreal giving him some positional instructions. His energy and enthusiasm make him run a bit pointlessly at times,but he's got himself in some good positions and created some good chances. With 4 months top flight experience,he's doing okay and I'm happy to have him.

LG10

Everyone who compares Guendouzi with Elneny shall not be taken seriously.. Just show your lack of football knowledge. He created two good chances alone today, and still, it should not be what he is rated on, since its the offensive players responsibility. He can be much better defensively, but he is still only 19 years old.
Don’t care about his chance created stats, he doesn’t have the final ball or vision of a playmaker. He’s a box to box like elneny is. Good tempo setter with his passing and moving

Fallout

personally i thought he was really good today. surprised to see the negative reactions.

he beat the press reliably, moved the ball forward consistently and with tempo, and played some incisive passes (e.g. auba's 1v1, the through ball to torreira before squaring to auba).

he can be better in the final third and better defensively. but he's got plenty of time and he's a fighter. imo there are other players who take the blame for this one.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He's a good talent, but he isn't currently at the level needed to direct play in midfield for us. It's no coincidence we struggle to play at a good tempo when he's on the pitch.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

His inexperience shined through but thats fine and to be expected. Its his more experienced senior colleagues that were the issue today.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's a good talent, but he isn't currently at the level needed to direct play in midfield for us. It's no coincidence we struggle to play at a good tempo when he's on the pitch.
It's mainly because he slows everything down - everything we used to complain about when Ramsey played in midfield. Too many touches, dwelling in early stages of moves. He needs to quicken his play more often. When he plays with more intensity in possession he does well.

Tsl

Don’t care about his chance created stats, he doesn’t have the final ball or vision of a playmaker. He’s a box to box like elneny is. Good tempo setter with his passing and moving
Funny, I find his vision and final ball to me some of his characteristics. Besides that, you can't say his chances created stats doesn't matter, and then be criticizing his vision and final ball. Guendouzi often splits the oppositions lines with his passing, something you never see from Elneney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom