• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
OK, but you do understand that buying a better player can cost over 50m, and in a situation where we have zero wide players and have severe issues with CB's and FB's we can't afford to spend that money to improve position where we are already solid?!

Yeah that cash is going straight into KSE stock and as you’ve pointed out, we already have enough holes we need to plug without creating new ones.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I don't see any reason why they wouldn't start both. I would fancy Xhaka, Douzi and Torreira against any midfield,

34045667cfb481fdf9dc9e3c487f5fbb.jpg

15352372081364.jpg

You can't be serious......

You would fancy a midfield containing Xhaka and a raw 19 year old against.....

ArsenalFever

Guendouzi has undoubted talent, he does the simple things well and has a creative eye, but he seems nothing more than a vessel in boots, without any substance, with age he may fill them, but atm we are a much poorer team with him in the starting eleven, iv'e also noticed from the beginning of the season that every time he plays, our results suffer, "taking to much air in the room".
Preferably id'e keep him, but with our financial situation, if £60m means even an extra £40m to our budget, then i wouldn't think twice when we could put that towards massive improvements.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
PSG are offering us £60M but in a year or two, he might be worth double that.

Given what we paid for him, we'll still be able to make a profit regardless

Sign the kid to a new contract at the end of this season, Torreira as well and cash in on him later if we have to.

It sounds silly signing players who just arrived to new deals but that's football. Any more of this current state of affairs and a season or two from now, those two might not want to sign a new contract. It would be the same old and familiar tale that we saw with Ramsey, Ox and so many others.

Sign them up while the sun is still in their eyes so to speak and they're still enamoured with the idea of being at Arsenal in the first place.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Most people now agreeing Guendouzi has been a real find. Got a feeling he’ll progress rapidly too.

Everything positive we do all goes to sh*t if we don’t fix that back line though.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Guendouzi has undoubted talent, he does the simple things well and has a creative eye, but he seems nothing more than a vessel in boots, without any substance, with age he may fill them, but atm we are a much poorer team with him in the starting eleven, iv'e also noticed from the beginning of the season that every time he plays, our results suffer, "taking to much air in the room".
Preferably id'e keep him, but with our financial situation, if £60m means even an extra £40m to our budget, then i wouldn't think twice when we could put that towards massive improvements.
Hes been our best midfielder lately. We cant even replace him for 40 mil.

He Will be One of THE best midfielders in the world in a few years. So you realise how good he is and how much he has improved? He played in ligue 2 last season. He is 19 years old.

ArsenalFever

Hes been our best midfielder lately. We cant even replace him for 40 mil.

He Will be One of THE best midfielders in the world in a few years. So you realise how good he is and how much he has improved? He played in ligue 2 last season. He is 19 years old.
I see why you would think that, but I see other aspects to his game which don't have a great balancing effect on the team.

Having said all that, if we qualify for the CL, then keeping him would be a good idea.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

I see why you would think that, but I see other aspects to his game which don't have a great balancing effect on the team.

Having said all that, if we qualify for the CL, then keeping him would be a good idea.
So IF we dont qualify for CL we should sell one of our best players that is most likely to improve for money that cant even replace him? Ok.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

15352372081364.jpg

Have you seen Barcelona without Messi and Dembele this season? They look atrocious and that also sums up our setup. Our midfield works, but in front of them there is a mess, there are no options to play. You have Xhaka who has exceptional diagonal ball from deep but he has no wingers to send those balls to, then you have Douzi who has great eye for passes over defence but we have no runners with adequate technique or pace to use them. Every midfield will struggle when they have broken attack. Real looked awful this season and lots of people were saying that Modric is done, but as soon as Benzema started to play well again Modric's form improved and that's not a coincidence.
We need to bring 2 quality wide players and decide what to do with Auba and Laca, until then we will struggle even if we would have Modric on our team.
That's also the reason why I don't think that bringing Özil back would change anything in our team.
Nice pics btw, especially the one with Messi

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Have you seen Barcelona without Messi and Dembele this season? They look atrocious and that also sums up our setup. Our midfield works, but in front of them there is a mess, there are no options to play. You have Xhaka who has exceptional diagonal ball from deep but he has no wingers to send those balls to, then you have Douzi who has great eye for passes over defence but we have no runners with adequate technique or pace to use them. Every midfield will struggle when they have broken attack. Real looked awful this season and lots of people were saying that Modric is done, but as soon as Benzema started to play well again Modric's form improved and that's not a coincidence.
We need to bring 2 quality wide players and decide what to do with Auba and Laca, until then we will struggle even if we would have Modric on our team.
That's also the reason why I don't think that bringing Özil back would change anything in our team.
Nice pics btw, especially the one with Messi

A poor midfield will struggle whether the attack is broken or not.

You're also making a false equivalence between Benzema's goal scoring form and Modric's form. The latter was just poor after the world cup. He could have had prime Brazilian Ronaldo in front of him and still looked poor. It was a coincidence.

Tell me, was our midfield world class when Van Persie was scoring 30 goals that season? Just because the forwards are performing doesn't mean the midfield behind them is great. You, as an Arsenal fan should know that better than most, especially seeing that at least one part of our team has been broken over the past few years while the other parts performed.

You talk about Xhaka's "exceptional" diagonals (They aren't) but neglect to mention his poor concentration, bad habit of giving the ball away, his general slowness, an inability to turn quickly and his complete lack of awareness of what is going on around him.

We could have Henry, Pires and Bergkamp in front of that midfield 3 and that lot still wouldn't win the midfield battle against the top sides, let alone dominate them. Xhaka is flawed and Guendouzi is raw.

In short, its possible for a forward line to be in form and cover up for a midfield's deficiencies but that doesn't make said midfield any less deficient.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

He isn't nearly one of our best players. I won't argue, you've got your mind set.
I am always open to ideas or opinions that might get my mind changed m8, dont make assumptions. I will however argue my case. Would you mind saying which Five players are outperforming guendouzi at the club right now?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

15352372081364.jpg

Why are you leaving Torreira out?

Xhaka and Guen are both better than him.

Besides Barca's midfield is nothing to be afraid of these days.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
What, 50mil is a steal. Why would we sell him for that? Small mentality. 100 mil or get the **** out. one of the best midfieldtalents right now.

Nobody is paying 100m for a teenager with no international caps and largely unproven. You'd just buy a Kante or Verrati.

50m is a lot of money for an unproven talent like Guendouzi. Look I don't want to sell him, but with Torreria here and clearly quality - I'd happily put somebody stable next to him and invest elsewhere. Liverpool received over 100m for Coutinho and rebuilt their first team, we could do similar.

The PSG rumour is bollocks anyway.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
OK, but you do understand that buying a better player can cost over 50m, and in a situation where we have zero wide players and have severe issues with CB's and FB's we can't afford to spend that money to improve position where we are already solid?!

Guendouzi is a risk imo. I'd happily bring in an established cm and develop some of our young wingers or Smith-Rowe.

For the record, I do not want to sell Matteo, but if PSG come in with a biog bid (they won't) we'd be mad to turn it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom