• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Its his first season and in a new country, the team is poor, theres issues with big stars and he is 19 yet hes smashed it really. Lot more to come from him once he is playing in a more structured team.

ArsenalFever

o_O
I am always open to ideas or opinions that might get my mind changed m8, dont make assumptions. I will however argue my case. Would you mind saying which Five players are outperforming guendouzi at the club right now?
He isn’t in the top 11, let’s just leave it there.
He’s a decent player and looks quality on the ball, but there are so many downsides to playing him as if he’s an important player.
Arsenal seem to be at a crucially pivotal time atm when the need for quality largely outweighs the need for long term potential, this is the only basis I would be willing to sell, people wonder why were performing as we are when Guendouzi gets ahead of Özil.o_O

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
o_O
He isn’t in the top 11, let’s just leave it there.
He’s a decent player and looks quality on the ball, but there are so many downsides to playing him as if he’s an important player.
Arsenal seem to be at a crucially pivotal time atm when the need for quality largely outweighs the need for long term potential, this is the only basis I would be willing to sell, people wonder why were performing as we are when Guendouzi gets ahead of Özil.o_O
So no examples? Feels like you don't have any arguements for your view then.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Very bad attitude/awareness for the goal. Just not serious enough somehow. Thats my impression at least.

HBL

Established Member
Terrible post above.

He made a mistake but he other than that he was brilliant and played as if the mistake had no impact on him, so players would have folded after that but not Guendouzi!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
His passes over defence are top notch, good on the ball but I have a feeling that players around him don't move enough to give him options to pass the ball.
He didn't **** his pants after he lost the ball for their goal, that speaks a lot about his mentality.

Impact

Established Member
Said earlier this season that he reminded me of John Stones, in that he has a great confidence in his ability which leads to overplaying and mistakes. Today was an example. As with Stones, I thought the big test would be how he responds to such a mistake. He did well today. Showed he had a strong mentality. Onwards and upwards.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Terrible post above.

He made a mistake but he other than that he was brilliant and played as if the mistake had no impact on him, so players would have folded after that but not Guendouzi!
Assuming you meant my post, i love him, but sometimes there is something off. Sometimes, like this mistake, it feels like he just thought "if i move it away from the player then get the foul it'll be okay". This has led to dangerous situations and goals for our opponents. Also sometimes he does the "jog-back". As an anchor in midfield you cannot do this as it will leave our defence very exposed.

If you exclude those things he is a very good player and elite youth prospect. I feel these things are something young player can iron out.

However, he still needs to fix it.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A good energetic and intelligent game. I still think he was fouled for Bournemouth's goal but he kept going and helped us in attack and defence. He can be coached to play better and that's something to be pleased with. He's the best youth prospect I've seen here in a while.

HBL

Established Member
Assuming you meant my post, i love him, but sometimes there is something off. Sometimes, like this mistake, it feels like he just thought "if i move it away from the player then get the foul it'll be okay". This has led to dangerous situations and goals for our opponents. Also sometimes he does the "jog-back". As an anchor in midfield you cannot do this as it will leave our defence very exposed.

If you exclude those things he is a very good player and elite youth prospect. I feel these things are something young player can iron out.

However, he still needs to fix it.
Nothing wrong with his attitude at all imo, he quite clearly loves the club and does everything he can to win games for us when he is on the pitch. Easy to forget he is only 19 and I'm sure many were probably expecting him to be a bench warmer for the season when we signed him. I expect him to make a few mistakes because he is always demanding the ball, even when he is in difficult positions and I love that about him, some players shy away on the pitch or when they have made a mistake, Matteo certainly doesn't. Despite that mistake I thought he was superb today and he was finding Özil/Mkhi with forward passes between the lines so often today. His potential is endless, if he can add goals to his game he will be almost the perfect midfielder. Think we're in a great position with our midfield at the minute with Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi all performing at a good level and the best part about it is that when one of them has a below par run of form, one of the others will step up.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Nothing wrong with his attitude at all imo, he quite clearly loves the club and does everything he can to win games for us when he is on the pitch. Easy to forget he is only 19 and I'm sure many were probably expecting him to be a bench warmer for the season when we signed him. I expect him to make a few mistakes because he is always demanding the ball, even when he is in difficult positions and I love that about him, some players shy away on the pitch or when they have made a mistake, Matteo certainly doesn't. Despite that mistake I thought he was superb today and he was finding Özil/Mkhi with forward passes between the lines so often today. His potential is endless, if he can add goals to his game he will be almost the perfect midfielder. Think we're in a great position with our midfield at the minute with Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi all performing at a good level and the best part about it is that when one of them has a below par run of form, one of the others will step up.
I agree that he is a great player, just like i said in the post you quoted. Im just pointing out His flaws as i see them. You might not think His mistakes are flaws but i do, and i think they happen because of what i wrote in my earlier posts. Please read them more carefully. Om sure noone should trade them and feel like i said he is not a Good player.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
How did we get him so cheap? It seems odd that in such a charted scouting culture that this was able to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom