Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Jul 10, 2018.

1. roz

roz Active Member

I guarantee it. Special player in the making, only seen Fabregas and maybe JW play at a higher level at that age for us

Token Yank likes this.
  2. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

There's no maybe. Jack was very special.

3. roz

roz Active Member

True, my point remains though best prospect I have seen in an arsenal shirt since those 2

4. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Cesc was world class when he was 18. Extraordinary player.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Unbannable

Without being a super talent like Mbappe, De Ligt, Cesc etc, Guendouzi is the closest you’re getting to a potentially top player.

6. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

He just needs to develop into a good Arsenal squad player to justify 75k these days... Expect him to do so & not that far off even now.

Makes sense to protect the asset incase he really explodes although personally I just dont see the super high ceiling some metrics / sites are saying. Hope so though!

Gunner-Union and roz like this.
  7. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Cesc was on another planet.

Gooner Zig, SomGooner and Mark Tobias like this.
  8. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Pizza Boy

Better hair cut and less diving could get me on board with him next season!

YeahBee likes this.
  9. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Agree needs a short back and sides and yeah less diving and more upper body strength for the new
    Season

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  10. roz

roz Active Member

Ah of course, thats why Xhaka and Mustafi are so good. Classic haircuts

11. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Guendouzi has all the attributes to be WC. Technique, Excellent under pressure, agility, poise, winners mentality, can pick a pass. However his decision making has a lot to be desired at times.

But that will get ironed out over time. He's basically gone from League 2 side straight in to Premier League starting 11 at 19. He's done amazingly well.

Easily our best prospect.

12. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

I think the two aspects he needs to work on most for the next season are quicker release of the ball and positioning when not in posession.

He's talented, but he has also been frustrating at times. Quite often this season our midfield has not been in control and he (sometimes) contributed to that by poor positioning/awareness.

13. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Agreed. Hoping it was a steep learning curve of a season for him.

14. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Think most of all he needs a good summer of work on his body. raise his stamina level and muscle capacity. Once you feel physically 100% ready all becomes so much easier to do on the pitch. Lot of times Matteo had good ideas but would give up on them knowing he might get caught, or he tries and fails, even though it's clear he has it in his locker, but the pace of the game causes him problems at times.

15. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Surely that has more to do with his perception of the game itself rather than his physical attributes. He hasn't learned to read the game at this pace yet.

Toby Andrl, MutableEarth and Dutch D like this.
  16. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

I'm hoping his passing execution will catch up with his vision.

17. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Still Not a Mod

Wish we talked about him more, what a fantastic player.

m-due and SingmeasongSong like this.
  18. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Elite talent.

19. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

Come on guys, how come no one is talking about Matteo? He played for France under 21. Did anyone watch the game. In all fairness I chose to watch Nelson.

20. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Needs a haircut first and foremost. Needs work on the defensive part of being a cm not just talking about tackling but reading the game in a defensive way ( he’s 6’1” flake atm ), practice getting rid of the ball a touch earlier but he’s def git the ability just has to keep learning and most importantly want to learn