• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Lock him up.

He showed why we signed him vs Lyon on the 1st half performance. Dude was so easy on the eye to watch - crisp passing - Fabregas like ball movement.
I admit, his performances in the 2nd half of last season was head scratching. He was given the Iwobi treatment of playing matches without deserving.

However, he will change that this season.

Him and Willock in the midfield was a very good partnership.

Wryer

Let's just say Xhaka will kill to have Douzi's half turn on the ball.

I'm convinced this boy is an elite talent. And it won't be long before he is recognized as such. Sure, obvious weaknesses in his game but the root cause is his physicality which should improve over the next couple of years.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
the root cause is his physicality which should improve over the next couple of years.
Disagree. When we don't have the ball his positioning is horrible at times. This can be learned so I am not too concerned about it. Considering he has had basically a season of top flight football I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. His movement while we have the ball is tops.. Often it is just a mental click that needs to occur. I see him as a smart player so, as I said, I am not stressed about this.

Bobby the no1 gooner

Ya'll need Jesus
Hope we can teach him to stop diving when the wind blows.
This is my worry about him as a midfielder too. He is so weak and I don't think you can train that. No amount of bulking up will give him that resistance required to hold the ball up and use his body effectively. The problem is that I'm not sure what type of midfielder he is. He's not great at killer balls or finishing, not great positionally and in the tackle. I like his confidence but then Mustafi has that in abundance.

Chaoz_Enigma

This is my worry about him as a midfielder too. He is so weak and I don't think you can train that. No amount of bulking up will give him that resistance required to hold the ball up and use his body effectively. The problem is that I'm not sure what type of midfielder he is. He's not great at killer balls or finishing, not great positionally and in the tackle. I like his confidence but then Mustafi has that in abundance.

He's arteta-esque. Not a wow factor midfielder in terms of dynamism. Classy yet limited in physicality. But he's still young, still some ways to improve tactically and physically.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
At the very least he's fairly tall isn't he? Could well grow his frame out nicely. He'll never be explosive, but he's great for our possession game.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People talking about him not being physical enough or well built enough to handle the league but he is only 20.

Given a proper long term strength and conditioning plan which he will, with another 4-5kg of muscle he will be fine.

A lot of the physical side of the game comes with time. Lacazette has mastered the technique of when you think your going to lose the ball or lose out in the tackle just turn your body and draw the foul.

Guendouzi looks a good one and even if he gets the new contract and he doesn't improve further he's a decent squad player. However I think he will turn into a top player. Not as good as Fabregas or Cazorla but a peg below.

say yes

forum master baiter
Needs to improve the mental side of his game. Poor awareness at times.

Technically and physically he’s pretty superb though. Big talent.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Hope we can teach him to stop diving when the wind blows.

Yeah, make him a “bulldog” like Wilshere so he can be injured all the time...
Agree that he can improve on his physicality, but there is no shame in drawing a foul when a player nips at you from behind, especially when you are so young.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
People talking about him not being physical enough or well built enough to handle the league but he is only 20.

Given a proper long term strength and conditioning plan which he will, with another 4-5kg of muscle he will be fine.

A lot of the physical side of the game comes with time. Lacazette has mastered the technique of when you think your going to lose the ball or lose out in the tackle just turn your body and draw the foul.

Guendouzi looks a good one and even if he gets the new contract and he doesn't improve further he's a decent squad player. However I think he will turn into a top player. Not as good as Fabregas or Cazorla but a peg below.

But Cesc didnt have a grace period, he was actually more physical when he was young, joie de vivre or whatever it is called perhaps

Jack was crazy when young :p

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
But Cesc didnt have a grace period, he was actually more physical when he was young, joie de vivre or whatever it is called perhaps

Jack was crazy when young :p

Hence why I said he won't be as good as Fabregas. Did you not understand that. The great players don't need grace periods. The good players often do.

Especially coming from the lower leagues in France straight into the rough and tumble of English football. Well it's getting less and less rough and tumble.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Hence why I said he won't be as good as Fabregas. Did you not understand that. The great players don't need grace periods. The good players often do.

Especially coming from the lower leagues in France straight into the rough and tumble of English football. Well it's getting less and less rough and tumble.

I saw something about Cazorla so I blacked out for a while

Cesc was several steps above Santi, you are just infected by the santi-stalgia, it is frekkin viral here om A-M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom