• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Our inability to rid ourselves of him this summer may be seen as a slight on us by some; maybe if we hadn't shunned him so firmly we would have had more luck.

That being said, this should be quite a lesson for Guendouzi as well. We put him up for sale and noone wanted him. That's gotta sting, hope that goes some way to humbling him.
We've probably asked for too much and it was a risk for the buyer. Clubs are learning fast about the new type of overconfident arrogant youngsters and they will be less willing to invest in them unless they're crazy good on the pitch (which is not the case with Douzi).
I think people who are expecting that Douzi will learn a lesson from this underestimate the power of habit (in this case bad habit). It could be that he's building anger inside of himself instead of feeling guilty for his behavior. As I'm saying, clubs these days are better educated to scout for all aspects of a player, not just how he passes the ball around.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think Arteta very deliberately chose a (for him) dispensable player to stamp his authority on the team. The Brighton affair, for example, was exaggerated. We had been treated badly and it was difficult to blame Guen for losing his rag.

It means though we will get less for Guendouzi than we could have got last summer but it seems to have done the trick with everyone e;se (bar Özil which is complicated) so Arteta may well find the loss of £20 million or so acceptable as it has made him a figure to be respected straight away.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Its never too late but with his lack of congratulations for FA Cup & Community Shield wins leave him with a lot of grovelling to do. Personally, I'd rather sell if we can find a buyer, or even loan. We've been far more settled with him and Özil away.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Its never too late but with his lack of congratulations for FA Cup & Community Shield wins leave him with a lot of grovelling to do. Personally, I'd rather sell if we can find a buyer, or even loan. We've been far more settled with him and Özil away.
Seriously though? You’re pissed because he didn’t jump on social media to congratulate his teammates?

Social media is one of the worst modern inventions. Fake.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I hope he can find his way back. If he fully applies himself, knuckles down and humbles himself, Arteta can make him a star. There's so much there to work with.

Just apologise Matteo. Recognise where you are.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Seriously though? You’re pissed because he didn’t jump on social media to congratulate his teammates?

Social media is one of the worst modern inventions. Fake.

Social media definitely has its bad points but how else can a player communicate with the fans. We after all are paying his wages, we are the reason he's doing a job he loves and getting paid well for it. Of course we want to see that he's happy for the club and his team mates!

roz

Fake News Merchant
Social media definitely has its bad points but how else can a player communicate with the fans. We after all are paying his wages, we are the reason he's doing a job he loves and getting paid well for it. Of course we want to see that he's happy for the club and his team mates!
the club are paying his wages & he himself is the reason he’s doing a job he loves.

How did we (the fans) ever survive before social media :lol:

wouldn’t even have been a discussion about it 10/15years ago

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
the club are paying his wages & he himself is the reason he’s doing a job he loves.

How did we (the fans) ever survive before social media :lol:

wouldn’t even have been a discussion about it 10/15years ago

Without fans there would be no club to pay his wages! You've made me want to sell him even more now! :)

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I hope the stories of Arteta considering a way back for him are not solid.

We should sell him to first bidder, as it seems like nobody values him to enter a swap deal and they're right though.
Who wants to put a snake inside his home?

GunnerShy

I hope the stories of Arteta considering a way back for him are not solid.

We should sell him to first bidder, as it seems like nobody values him to enter a swap deal and they're right though.
Who wants to put a snake inside his home?
It's one thing to put up with complicated characters like Ibrahimovic, Nasri.

Another one entirely for a mediocre footballer like Guebdouzi. The less talent you have the less chances you get. Despite people on here taken in by his arm waving on the pitch, when you really narrow it down, he hasn't got the pedigree to be a pain on the ass. If he did he'd have more offers.

We will do very well to get €15m for him.

musoke

Hasn’t he said sorry yet?
If not then he should never be allowed back into thw team.
That kind of attitude amd pride for such an okay / average player is scary.
Get rid.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Only way I accept him back in the squad is if he does a rendition of Sorry by Justin Bieber in pre-season camp in front of the entire squad and staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom