• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Because he has nice hair, can play ball, is France U21 captain and is bit of a rebel, everybody hates him.
Dunno who loves Elneny, but there were guys foaming at the mouth at just the thought of a Guendouzi interview.

Didn't even know what he had said before they got mad, was a nothing interview too.

Bin him.

Iceman10

Established Member
Wherever he's been he's had issues with his behaviour. It's not like it's a one off thing. These different managers would have tried to get him on track.

What do you do? Put an arm around him and tell him how great he is? I don't think he needs that, his ego's already big enough.

I'm not knocking his talent, it's clearly there, that's why he's so frustrating. It's his mentality I have an issue with. Let's be honest, historically French international footballers and large ego's and self destructive streaks go together hand in glove. So I'm sure they're used to it :lol:

I'm not saying it's necessarily the case with Guendouzi but not every great talent is salvageable. Even Fergie couldn't get anything from Ravel Morrisson despite his talent.

You can have the any of those great managerial mentors you mentioned but it's meaningless if the player doesn't want to change.

No disrespect to Hertha but we shipped him off there to try and get his attitude sorted out away from the club and he clearly hasn't. That's not impressive. You only get so many second chances and he's fast running through them, if he hasn't already.

When bringing up Ferguson and man management, I won’t deny in general he should be described as a good man manager but there were many players he just decided to sell instead of try to iron things out with them, and what about the Pogba case? I do think top clubs have less tolerance for any risks to overall dressing room cultures and attitudes, but there isn’t a new phenomenon here. Arsène Wenger tried his best with Bendtner but beyond some brief spells of things looking sorted out it never was. (@GDeep™)

Edit: maybe forget Pogba for any purposes here, that is all a complicated story, agent and all.

Last edited:

Camus

Trusted ⭐
I've always liked him. Shame he's only got a 1 year left on his contract otherwise for me it'd be a no brainer to give him at least another season with us to prove himself. As it is though we either need to extend him (which he's unlikely to accept unless we offer him improved wages and/or guaranteed 1st team football) or sell him in the summer.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There's certainly an obsession with outing baldies on here

male ignorance I'm afraid - Laca is easily the sexiest of our players
I imagine he’s easy on the eye for the females tbf. Balding, yes, but he’s still far off the ‘cobblers thumb’ look.

Kav

Established Member
I think a lot of people would be more willing to turn a blind eye to his obvious character flaws if he was living up to the hype that surrounded him when he first joined. But he just hasn't I remember in 18/19 our record with him starting vs without him was night and day. He started off as first choice under Emery before being dropped and our results improved. Then 2nd season he had that one brilliant game vs Villa in amidst of the chaos, maybe was decent vs Sp**s 2nd half and one Europa game won a free-kick other than that his Arsenal career has been largely underwhelming, which would be somewhat fine if he was the type to knuckle down and work to improve but he's clearly not done so. In 2 years under Emery, Freddie or Arteta he never showed any real signs of improvement. There's been a few incidents with him where you might be more forgiving if he was this Fabregas level talent producing week in week out, but the fact that he's not really done a lot and is proving to be problematic. His Lorient manager questioned his character, at Hertha it's now the same story. But we're meant to just ignore all this?

I don't really care what happens, he's not THAT good that we'll be crying about letting him go. He'll never be lining out at the Bernabeu in all white believe me. If a side fighting relegation in the Bundesliga are starting to see more bad than good with him, then that tells you all you need to know really. I think people are desperate to try and find more so they can use it as a way to have a go at Arteta. But it's just not there, all the evidence and the facts are to the contrary and people are simply having a hard time accepting it. Not much else to say really. I personally don't think he's got a future here, he could have one if he was to knuckle down but that's not going to happen. If you've got an ego like the one he does you best be able to back it up with consistent performances and he's performed once.

I don’t recall there being any hype around Matteo. In fact it was the opposite for many fans as we didn’t know much about him. He was coming from Ligue 2 and wasn’t even a household name in France.

The hype started after he started to play for us and he bossed a few games as a young midfielder. He also had the passion and work rate that fans loved to see in players.

He has certainly fallen down in stature but he’s young and have enough time to make amends and reach his maximum potential. It is up to him to determine how his future will be.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

When bringing up Ferguson and man management, I won’t deny in general he should be described as a good man manager but there were many players he just decided to sell instead of try to iron things out with them, and what about the Pogba case? I do think top clubs have less tolerance for any risks to overall dressing room cultures and attitudes, but there isn’t a new phenomenon here. Arsène Wenger tried his best with Bendtner but beyond some brief spells of things looking sorted out it never was. (@GDeep™)

Edit: maybe forget Pogba for any purposes here, that is all a complicated story, agent and all.

Yeah SAF tried hard to keep Pogba , Guendouzi nowhere near that level though.

pikey2000

Not sure why there is so much devided opinion on this guy, he's not exactly ripping up tree's for Hertha and therefore has shown little to suggest he is the answer to our CM conundrum, i'd sell him and move on, he may have a decent career but for me he has done very little to suggest he is going to set the world alight for anybody any time soon.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Only meaningful contribution for us was that beautiful assist to auba for the equaliser in the nld. Props to him for that otherwise he is very shaky for a player in that position and his passing while he can play a good pass every and then is poor.

Terrible attitude, missed out on fa cup glory and now potentially a European trophy.

But he knows better..

Kav

Established Member
Why are people talking about him having a terrible attitude when there is nothing to suggest that to be the case? Sure they read an article somewhere about a past coach's opinion on him but that doesn't make the content true nor does it reflect his current mind state.

People really should refrain from participating in useless gossip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom