• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shouldn't let Saliba leave, but will be shocked if this guy amounts to much tbh.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
For a young player in CM he has certainly showed promise.
I actually like him but can see why some think he is a less defensive aware cross between Flamini/elneny. :lol:
He has more than decent ability imho but often holds onto the ball too long & seems to lack spatial awareness.

All things being equal though i would have him here.

Unfortunately you can pretty much guarantee he will behave like a raging bell end at least twice a season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
21 and has played in 3 countries including 2 top leagues. It isn't over for him, but it is probably over for him here. I'm somewhat torn on what we should do with Guendouzi. His contract running down screams out just get some money for him, but 15m feels like a punch in the face.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think this lad will make a top player. Brimming with confidence, always wants the ball and has a good passing range, much better than Elneny. Much more incisive.

Arsène would have had him eating eating out of his hand, but Arteta can’t even handle amenable players like Auba. If we’re keeping Arteta for the long haul, we should sell hard to handle players like this while we have a rookie in charge.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think this lad will make a top player. Brimming with confidence, always wants the ball and has a good passing range, much better than Elneny. Much more incisive.

Arsène would have had him eating eating out of his hand, but Arteta can’t even handle amenable players like Auba. If we’re keeping Arteta for the long haul, we should sell hard to handle players like this while we have a rookie in charge.

He's definitely someone Arsène would have been able to really use his best attributes. For Arteta's JDP, rigid, bland football he's just not suited at all. He's an all action midfielder, Arteta wants players who stick to their specific role and are incredibly disciplined and hold back in terms of showing what they're really capable. We even see this with Xhaka who no longer tries to show his full range of passing because it's too risky. If Arteta is the future then Guendouzi has to go, if not then Guendouzi should be given another chance under a less restrictive manager.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
I know he was only here for two seasons but in that time I honestly don't ever remember him costing us a game because of his performances or attitude/discipline/temperament. So I don't see what the issue is? Obviously we don't know what happened behind the scenes but to me it seems like Arteta massively blew the situation out of proportion.

Xhaka was terrible for season after season, actually cost us games in a tangible and quantifiable sense with his league leading mistake and red card stats and to top it all off he told the entire stadium to **** off and WE basically begged him to stay and integrated him back into being the 1st name on the team sheet.

What's Guendouzi done that's so bad?

GunnerShy

I think guys like him and Saliba will be sold for funds, with AMN, Willock etc.
Lol. The odd one out there is Saliba. If he goes I'm burning the stadium down. Mind you there's been no suggestion of that. He will play next season.

The rest are mid to lower team PL players. Perfect for where we are now.. but not where we want to be.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Lol. The odd one out there is Saliba. If he goes I'm burning the stadium down. Mind you there's been no suggestion of that. He will play next season.

The rest are mid to lower team PL players. Perfect for where we are now.. but not where we want to be.
Rumour is we want to sign another right sided CB, linked with Konate etc.

Saliba isn’t playing if you’re signing Konate for 30M plus.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Also, you said the other players are mid to lower table players? But we’ve got El Neny getting extensions and he’s maybe the worst footballer I have ever seen, guy can’t pass.

Then you’ve got Mari and Cedric who have struggled in nearly EVERY game they have played here.

Sell all the kids I don’t care, but let’s not pretend like our club isn’t signing absolute crap. We’re stuck with that crackhead Willian for 3 years too.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Also, you said the other players are mid to lower table players? But we’ve got El Neny getting extensions and he’s maybe the worst footballer I have ever seen, guy can’t pass.

Then you’ve got Mari and Cedric who have struggled in nearly EVERY game they have played here.

Sell all the kids I don’t care, but let’s not pretend like our club isn’t signing absolute crap. We’re stuck with that crackhead Willian for 3 years too.
But Mari has been excellent whenever he`s played according @HairSprayGooners

GunnerShy

I'd sell all the other players you mentioned if we could find a buyer.

That said, Mari for £6.8m is fine. Re: Konate it won't happen but I was also concerned hearing the talk of another RCB.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
There's a reason Arteta prefers someone like Elneny, so dull, so uninspiring but will do exactly what is asked of him, is safe with the ball and doesn't rock the boat.

So stupid though. One of the qualities that doesn't get seen much in football is confidence. It's not about dribbling 50 yards and doing stepovers, it's about showing for the ball. Lots of very talented players, some of whom are in our squad, stop showing for the ball when they're low on confidence. Guendouzi never does that. That's personality. If you're 2-1 down you need a guy like that to take charge.

He's not a Jordan Henderson model pro, I don't know how far he'll get in the game, but people pretending like he doesn't have top qualities are deluded. Wenger would love him, I know that much for sure.

Pyres7

Arteta didn't register Saliba for the EL and had him playing with the U23s while giving games to Mustafi, Holding, Mari.

You really think he'll play next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom