• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

Arteta didn't register Saliba for the EL and had him playing with the U23s while giving games to Mustafi, Holding, Mari.

You really think he'll play next season?
Yeah I do. I'm not defending Arteta. I'm on the record here many times decrying the management of Saliba. He will force his way into this squad

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Very unfortunate specially late in season now we'll struggle even selling him. Hopefully he not out for long period

Iceman10

Established Member
We should bring him back. We need a good midfielder and we already have one in him. Why in hell would we sell him?!
His time under both Emery and Arteta, as well as at Hertha, indicate he has been pretty uncoachable. It's not just Arteta. For a player with such a high opinion of his abilities he has made some terrible howlers for Hertha also. He might end up a good player with maturity, but unlikely next season, instead 2-3 seasons from now. Too much risk and baggage for us to remain occupied with. There isn't even any indication he would sign a contract renewal.

Truth is Guen hasn't properly established himself as a decent #6 or #8, so I don't see why he would be considered ahead of Willock either, esp. as Willock does not have the baggage. His future probably remains via. Germany.

akhil

His time under both Emery and Arteta, as well as at Hertha, indicate he has been pretty uncoachable. It's not just Arteta. For a player with such a high opinion of his abilities he has made some terrible howlers for Hertha also. He might end up a good player with maturity, but unlikely next season, instead 2-3 seasons from now. Too much risk and baggage for us to remain occupied with. There isn't even any indication he would sign a contract renewal.

Truth is Guen hasn't properly established himself as a decent #6 or #8, so I don't see why he would be considered ahead of Willock either, esp. as Willock does not have the baggage. His future probably remains via. Germany.

He's got more balls than all our current CM options put together though. He's way more progressive passer than all of them too. I'd rather let someone else decide his fate than this narcissist we have at the moment.

Iceman10

Established Member
He's got more balls than all our current CM options put together though. He's way more progressive passer than all of them too. I'd rather let someone else decide his fate than this narcissist we have at the moment.
If there is a managerial change the new manager will come in with new ideas, and that can impact a lot of players. I would still have reservations of a honeymoon period perhaps masking a lot, but we can all see how that turns out. Otherwise, regardless of pros/cons of the player the problem of one year left on his contract will have to be navigated.

scytheavatar

Established Member

But our main problem right now isn't that we are struggling to bring the ball to the final third, it's that we don't know what to do when we get the ball there. Guendouzi is going to do nothing in solving that problem, all playing him will do is to make our defense weaker cause he can't defend. If you think Guendouzi is Pirlo and can unlock defenses from deep then stop, Guendouzi isn't that good.

akhil

But our main problem right now isn't that we are struggling to bring the ball to the final third, it's that we don't know what to do when we get the ball there. Guendouzi is going to do nothing in solving that problem, all playing him will do is to make our defense weaker cause he can't defend. If you think Guendouzi is Pirlo and can unlock defenses from deep then stop, Guendouzi isn't that good.

We do struggle to get ball into the final third quickly though. I don't mean out wide, we waffle about plenty out wide. We still have those U shaped passing maps and hardly penetrate through the middle cause the double pivot hardly ever pass through there.

Who ever said he's Pirlo?! There's a big range in the spectrum of players between Pirlo and our CM options, he's definitely a fair bit better than our lot. He's not perfect or anything, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives especially since the negatives all revolve around his personality. That can be dealt with by a more empathetic/experienced manager.

Most of this is irrelevant anyway, like @Iceman10 said, he's got a year left. It's either sell or extend and latter looks highly unlikely.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't think that's true. I feel like we struggle to win the ball fast enough, and once we do win it, we struggle to move it from defense to the final third. It's always a slow transition with so many mistakes. I don't believe that Douzi would fix everything for us, but he would be an improvement over players we've had this season.

Think this one was a major mistake from Arteta which had a very negative impact on our season, but that's nothing new from Arteta and his shocking decision making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom