• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
That's why I no longer feel attached to this kid even though I was a huge fan of his traits on the field.

The toxic atmosphere that has been around the club for a few years now has to end. Wipe it out wherever you can.

I don't need players to be all buddy-buddy, but there are limits and he's reaching for his. Players with better levels (Nasri and RvP) had attitude problems but did more on the pitch than he did.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That's a load of rubbish. Lacazette and Auba did just that, it hasn't worked at all. The kid clearly has problems and you don't want or need a rotten apple in the squad.
How do you know Laca and Auba done that? Laca is a nobody anyway, I’m talking about top footballers.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Tbh if you were one of the people who thought that Wenger's values had been eroded from the club you should want Douzi out.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Tbh if you were one of the people who thought that Wenger's values had been eroded from the club you should want Douzi out.

To be honest it does seem a bit forced - what exactly has he done? The stuff with the Brigton player, right? Or is it about the mocking of Arteta there were rumours there was footage of?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m backing Arteta anyway, whatever he wants. I just don’t believe in writing off a young kid.

Not long ago he was lauded on AM as one of the top young midfielders, which he is, but now it’s like he’s a cancer and quickly get him out.

Talking about Wenger, he would’ve flourished under Wenger, like nearly every player that stepped foot into Arsenal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
To be honest it does seem a bit forced - what exactly has he done? The stuff with the Brigton player, right? Or is it about the mocking of Arteta there were rumours there was footage of?
It was his refusal to apologise for his behaviour at Brighton as well as him messing around during the video analysis sessions. Seems like Arteta won't tolerate that lack of professionalism and rightfully so.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Why didn't we / the media brand majority of the squad bad apples or poor attitudes when they phoned in games under Emery & took the piss out of him?

If its not working out just sell this upcoming window, everyone wins. You cant have all these mental health awareness days the club backs & then throw a 21 yo kid to the wolves. Been two week now of public comments, sly leaks & media going in.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
When you read that, it sounds like a rough diamond rather than a problem child.

Yeah reading that it seems like he’s serious about football and has the will to be the best he can be.. The behaviour problems is an issue and he should be punished for it, but it’s not a deal breaker really..

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsène got rid of Pennant when he actually looked a really good prospect, due to his off the field stuff...Guendo isn't as good as many of the young players Arsène worked with.

Are you subtly trying to turn on Arteta?

When it came out that Lacazette did balloons, you went on and on about how Arteta wouldn't tolerate this sort of unprofessional behavior on or off the field, and you said Mikel needed to change the culture of the club and backed him...but now that Guendo is being an underperforming prick, you question Mikel?

Also @GDeep™ how come you didn't respond to this?

Pennant looked really promising back in 2004, didn't stop Arsène from moving him on due to his attitude...and that squad was packed with leaders to keep him in line.

Arsène wouldn't have stood for this crap, unless Guendo was at least backing it up on the pitch, which he isn't, as our record is better when he doesn't play.

Furious

It was his refusal to apologise for his behaviour at Brighton as well as him messing around during the video analysis sessions. Seems like Arteta won't tolerate that lack of professionalism and rightfully so.

Players do/say all kind of things during the heat of those situations, not sure why he has to apologise for that, especially when you consider what happened to Leno. I imagine therefore the thinking behind his actions were that he was standing up for him and us as a team. Something people often say our players lack.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Also @GDeep™ how come you didn't respond to this?

Pennant looked really promising back in 2004, didn't stop Arsène from moving him on due to his attitude...and that squad was packed with leaders to keep him in line.

Arsène wouldn't have stood for this crap, unless Guendo was at least backing it up on the pitch, which he isn't, as our record is better when he doesn't play.
Pennant was a bum, that’s why he got moved on. The guy was showing nothing, even on loans. He was not some top level player kicked out because of a bad attitude.

He had issues, his personal life was a mess but that was mainly when he was a teenager, I know his story. Wenger let him go when it was clear there wasn’t a top player in him.

We were signing guys like Reyes around then, these are top of the tree talents in comparison, guys who could’ve been playing at Real - Pennant wasn’t in that league.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Players do/say all kind of things during the heat of those situations, not sure why he has to apologise for that, especially when you consider what happened to Leno. I imagine therefore the thinking behind his actions were that he was standing up for him and us as a team. Something people often say our players lack.
From what's been reported all it would have took for Guendouzi to rejoin the rest of the group was an apology to Arteta. He's had ample opportunity to make one and hasn't done so, that says a lot about him.

Furious

From what's been reported all it would have took for Guendouzi to rejoin the rest of the group was an apology to Arteta. He's had ample opportunity to make one and hasn't done so, that says a lot about him.

Yeah, no doubt about that. Maybe he feels alienated having to apologies for what he thinks as backing the team.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom