• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

same source that broke the Holding contract news first
Not surprised tbh. Guendouzi's future here has gone the moment those dressing room problems at Hertha became known in january. (Not talking about the recent comments)

That said he at least got to sell himself at Hertha, so wouldn't be surprised if we actually could sell him for 20M+.

Reactions: A_G

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pretty sure he'll hang on till the contract runs out. Doubt we'll recoop our outlay. Not surprised with the news though. If you are to change the dressing room culture, you have to change the players. It's been very clear that this has been a target for some time.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Not surprised tbh. Guendouzi's future here has gone the moment those dressing room problems at Hertha became known in january. (Not talking about the recent comments)

That said he at least got to sell himself at Hertha, so wouldn't be surprised if we actually could sell him for 20M+.

Hmm really?

I honestly don't think anything he's done at Hertha has anything to do with it.

He was on "death row" after the sh!t that went on last season, I never believed for a second that he'd be re-integrated after that unless he prostrated himself in front of Jesu- sorry Mikel and begged for forgiveness.

Obviously he aint doing that so I didn't think he'd be back though I did hope he'd be.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That 30m euros and he got 1 year left we aren't getting that we'd be lucky getting between 15-20M still wouldn't be disaster because we bought him for 7m euros.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Pretty sure he'll hang on till the contract runs out. Doubt we'll recoop our outlay. Not surprised with the news though. If you are to change the dressing room culture, you have to change the players. It's been very clear that this has been a target for some time.

We never recoup our outlay, this club is allergic to recouping its outlay.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Hmm really?

I honestly don't think anything he's done at Hertha has anything to do with it.

He was on "death row" after the sh!t that went on last season, I never believed for a second that he'd be re-integrated after that unless he prostrated himself in front of Jesu- sorry Mikel and begged for forgiveness.

Obviously he aint doing that so I didn't think he'd be back though I did hope he'd be.
Yes, it did.

If he kept his head down and just went through the loan, he would have at least given a headache to Arsenal and Arteta come the end of the season. And even if he was sold he could still stand there proudly and say *See I behaved off-field, it wasn't me*.

Instead he proved Arteta right and solidified his reputation/slammed the last door shut.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We can't keep players anymore staying laca Guendouzi should leave getting 40-50m from both could improve us massively specially if we missing out europa.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yes, it did.

If he kept his head down and just went through the loan, he would have at least given a headache to Arsenal and Arteta come the end of the season. And even if he was sold he could still stand there proudly and say *See I behaved off-field, it wasn't me*.

Instead he proved Arteta right and solidified his reputation/slammed the last door shut.

Hmm I dunno.

I don't think you can say that so resolutely because there's a lot of evidence that he burned his bridges last summer.

Additionally what exactly has he done at Hetha that's so bad? Unless I'm missing something there was the one tunnel incident which wasn't even that bad and that's it.

I'm not talking on the pitch btw as I know Hertha themselves aren't doing great and Guendouzi did have "a fall in the box" that led to a goal, but that's aside from off field behaviour.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
These places need to hire new people to set these fake transfer valuations on players.

Guendouzi is a not £25m in this market with a year left. He's either staying or going for south of £20m (could be as low as 10-15m imo)

Iceman10

Established Member

same source that broke the Holding contract news first
Hope this rumour is right. A few days back I saw a rumour saying Arteta was considering him for next season but his agent said he didn’t want a return to the PL. Didn’t like that because it gave the impression of Arteta being a bit fuzzy on overall plans.

As long as we can get 25m. Will be 12 months left, clubs still emerging from COVID economics. I think Guen can still become a great player but there is too much baggage now, and too much of a risk. Needs closure as far as Arsenal is concerned.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
These places need to hire new people to set these fake transfer valuations on players.

Guendouzi is a not £25m in this market with a year left. He's either staying or going for south of £20m (could be as low as 10-15m imo)
I was shocked when clubs use transfermarkt website to value thier players Guendouzi in transfermarkt value 25m by the way lol

6gunner

The only clubs that have any money are English and none of them want him. We’ll be lucky to get 5m for him.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Have you ever heard of price negotiations? Obviously you set you price higher than you're willing to sell.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Club have handled him badly. Maligned and dumped a talented young player who now is running down his deal and will either leave for little or free.

He’s as good as most of our midfield options despite being a baby, showed more fight and character than all of them, had he been kept and developed you would now not only have a good squad option but a player with a much higher transfer value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom