• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Not that I know. Besides, I would assume the player must agree as well something we can all highly doubt would happen.

It was reported that we negotiated a one way option to extend for another year (when he signed originally). No idea if it's true or not but it sounded like a reasonable source. If so it means that we hold the cards and shouldn't be getting bent over by Marseille. I doubt the club would be interested in these swap deals anyway. The papers love them but they rarely materialise + the players mentioned don't make any sense given the Lokonga / White rumours.

Iceman10

Established Member
Was the 18/19 transfer window the worst ever? Torreira, Sokratis, Guendouzi, Lichsteiner and then Denis Suarez in the winter.
100m was spent on Pepe and Saliba the following summer window. That is the worst for me. Not disparaging either player, but to spend that much to barely get much at all directly for Arsenal for two seasons was a poor use of money, even though both players might come good. We lost the revenues for failing to qualify for CL, and now EL also.

Wounded Healer

100m was spent on Pepe and Saliba the following summer window. That is the worst for me. Not disparaging either player, but to spend that much to barely get much at all directly for Arsenal for two seasons was a poor use of money, even though both players might come good. We lost the revenues for failing to qualify for CL, and now EL also.
tell that to Arteta and co.

Wounded Healer

Was Raul Sanllehi, f*cking up Emery. The most responsible person remaining at the club probably is Vinai, who has failed upwards.
Nah. Arteta got his cards and played them badly. you cant go back all the time and blame it on the past. Top class prospect (Saliba) and Pepe proved it in the end he is more than what we thought. i remember pepe catching fire and each time getting an ice bucket from arteta for Willian. screw that.

Iceman10

Established Member
Nah. Arteta got his cards and played them badly. you cant go back all the time and blame it on the past. Top class prospect (Saliba) and Pepe proved it in the end he is more than what we thought. i remember pepe catching fire and each time getting an ice bucket from arteta for Willian. screw that.
Back to the original point, 100m could obviously have been spent better, on players of immediate use. Have to remember what I was responding to ( @BigPoppaPump ) instead of going down unrelated rsbbit holes of blame, etc.

Wounded Healer

No idea. either he means i have to read and remember this forum by heart like the bible or that expressing my point of view isnt his cup of tea. either way its his burden to carry. lol. and i will go in which rabbit hole i like as much as i want to.

you completely ignored my point which was a manager gets the players he gets prior to his appointment. no control over that, then, as a manager you have to take care of your hand, and teta failed to do so. i think he knows it.

8th.

Go fetch.

Iceman10

Established Member
What’s that supposed to mean?
It means I was contesting with you the worst transfer window. That was the original point, not what I was drawn into separately. That window by Sanllehi is really what led to Emery being screwed also, and then the club went to Arteta, and a u-turn on first team coach input and involvement in transfer decision making.

Iceman10

Established Member
No idea. either he means i have to read and remember this forum by heart like the bible or that expressing my point of view isnt his cup of tea. either way its his burden to carry. lol. and i will go in which rabbit hole i like as much as i want to.

you completely ignored my point which was a manager gets the players he gets prior to his appointment. no control over that, then, as a manager you have to take care of your hand, and teta failed to do so. i think he knows it.

8th.

Go fetch.
I'm not here for mindless petty squabbling. You seem to be. I'm not interested in that sort of stuff, and I also prefer to focus down on a flow of discussion. No offence, but the flow of discussion was with someone else.

mpower2540

Was the 18/19 transfer window the worst ever? Torreira, Sokratis, Guendouzi, Lichsteiner and then Denis Suarez in the winter.
Think 16/17 runs it close for the sheer amount of money we spunked up the wall. 17m on Perez was ridiculous for a player Wenger had no intention of playing really.

15/16 pissed me off just cos of the lack of action after a strong finish to the previous campaign

Tbh when was our last actual good window in terms of incomings?

Wounded Healer

i just dont agree with you. nothing petty about it. happens.

Wounded Healer

Think 16/17 runs it close for the sheer amount of money we spunked up the wall. 17m on Perez was ridiculous for a player Wenger had no intention of playing really.

15/16 pissed me off just cos of the lack of action after a strong finish to the previous campaign

Tbh when was our last actual good window in terms of incomings?
long time ago in far far away galaxy...

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Recent windows have been poor those 2 for different reasons its why i have some sympathy for Arteta. He walked into a total ****fest with the squad. Even the most experienced manager on the planet would have struggled.
He came in to a club with bang average defenders, mediocre midfielders and ageing strikers. Virtually a total rebuild was needed. Trouble is there is not massive appeal in our sub par cast offs.
Pepe even on good days is probably worth half what we paid & Saliba a kid in a position where you simply cant risk playing a kid .

Iceman10

Established Member
i just dont agree with you. nothing petty about it. happens.
You don't agree with me on other stuff. You did not challenge like for like, including money spent, which was the worse transfer window. You brought up Arteta out of nowhere when I talked about "immediate use", and the immediate use was supposed to be for Emery.

That aside, just to close this off, the main reason I put a stop to "rabbit holes", although it should be obvious, is this thread is on Guendouzi, and me challenging BigPoppaPump on worst transfer window was already off topic. The aim was to keep that sidebar limited, not go into Arteta, etc. Just something to note for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom