Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by al-Ustaadh, May 23, 2020.

?

Keep or Sell?

1. Sell

28.2%
  2. Sell but only for big money (£40m +)

50.6%
  3. Keep him for now

9.6%
  4. Keep him long-term

11.5%
  1. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

I am not denying anything, I'm just trying to see this from Guendo's perspective.

2. Furious

Yeah, that's what I am asking.

3. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Probably the fact that he kept telling the Brighton players he earned more in week than they'd would ever earn in their carreers.

It was something along those lines, you add that to his antics in training, etc., and you've got a player who needs to step down from his high horse (or pony, if you're @OnlyOne )

OnlyOne and Furious like this.
  4. Tom349

Tom349 Well-Known Member

I think too much is being made of him not apologising. I don't think Arteta is petty and is demanding Guendouzi to apologise to him but rather he has clearly been told to pull his head in my Arteta and Edu and own his mistakes and rather than taking that on board and putting his head down and rectifying it. He has bitten back at Arteta and Edu and seems to have dug himself a massive hole in the process.

Essentially he has taken the high road when he needs to humble himself.

Regarding any interest from Barcelona I wonder if a Coutinho swap would be on the cards. Personally against it but it makes sense given the Kia link and our supposed interest in Coutinho. Which for all the talk of our wage issues we cut a lot of salary already since the beginning of last season with Ramsey, Cech, Welbeck, Monreal, Koscienly and Mhkyitarian leaving and renewing Luiz on more friendly deal. Also have Kolasanic, Sokratis, Mustafi, Özil and Lacazette all possibly leaving at the end of the season. Only really leaves Auba, Pepe and Partey should he come on big money (150k plus) with a lot of kids earning around 30k or less.

truth_hurts and American_Gooner like this.
  5. Furious

Is that really enough? If the tw*t from Brighton didn't say it on live TV, it would never have come out. Imagine how much gets said between players during games that never comes out.

I think it's fine to punish him, but I can see why he doesn't want to apologise.

Re. the other stuff it seems a bit unclear what has happened, so I will leave it at that.

El Duderino likes this.
  6. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Highly doubt he's being asked to apologize for what happened at Brighton. It must be something else that happened afterwards.

lomekian likes this.
  7. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

I imagine one thing has spilled into another. Thinking if it was my kids I'd be like all you had to do is say sorry for punching your sister but you havent. And now I'm thinking about this and this and this as well. And actually you've a lot to be sorry for, you havent helped yourself as now this other stuff looks equally as bad. And then I'd take his I pad off him for a while until he apologises for the lot. and does some tasks around the house.

Riou likes this.
  8. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Its obviously not just what we've seen. Arteta works with Guendouzi on an almost daily basis. His judgement of his attitude involves all these training sessions as well as match day.

I think fans have a habit of judging things off what they see, even though its only the tip of the iceberg. Arteta is an extremely logical individual who demands respect, I back him. Sometimes you just gotta trust the gaffer.

9. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

Don’t know how people are coming to conclusions on who is in the wrong here when we have no idea what’s been going on behind closed doors.

If we get good money or a good swap just sell, he could become great but right now is a liability that is awful off the ball.

Red London likes this.
  10. sdotzdot

sdotzdot Well-Known Member

Grown ass men understand when you make a mistake owning up to it and apologising is the respectful thing. Actions and mistakes happen, but when you decide to be stubborn and refuse to admit wrong, that’s a huge red flag. A boys mentality.

I don’t know what’s going on in the world, but I’m seeing this everywhere especially with people raising their kids to have the mentality that apologising is “admitting defeat” and makes you weak. People are strange.

11. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

Posturing is being increasingly favored over substance in many different walks of life. That's probably just another manifestation of that.

Artisan, Taneruit and sdotzdot like this.
  12. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

The article said he had an altercation with Sokratis in training during the Dubai trip too

13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Damn all that and he barely 21 Need to sort himself out before it's too late.

14. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Sok is crazy too, wow this kid has no bounds!

15. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Wow. There seems to be something deeply troubling him man. Nobody behaves like this on constant basis when life hand you so many good things like football career, salaries that make you save for rest of your life, etc...

Attitude problems like that must come from something deeper than just pure will to win football games. Hope he gets the help he needs!

American_Gooner likes this.
  16. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Emery’s first signing for Deportivo Alaves

DasBootist, Artisan, tcahill and 8 others like this.
  17. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Haha man can you imagine how much Sokratis hates Guendouzi. I mean I imagine he hates most modern footballers, or at least looks at them with mild contempt and confusion for their profligate and lascivious ways, but he'd definitely hate a little sh*t like Guendouzi.

18. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Guendo just sounds more and more like a punk ***** tbh.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  19. Kingofthebongo

Kingofthebongo Well-Known Member

I swear I guessed it was with Sokratis.

Opposites in mentality and demeanor. I was trying to think about who is the polar opposite of Guendouzi that could not tolerate being around a loud-mouthed cocky youth with no respect for authority.
    Definitely Sokratis, the professional, mature no nonsense guy.

I am willing to bet Tierney can't stand him already, Saka and Martinelli think he's hella annoying.

American_Gooner likes this.
  20. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

I bet Guendouzi said that the ancient Greek concept of arete wasn't all that, and then it was on.