<

Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by al-Ustaadh, May 23, 2020.

?

Keep or Sell?

1. Sell

31.5%
  2. Sell but only for big money (£40m +)

46.7%
  3. Keep him for now

10.3%
  4. Keep him long-term

11.4%
  1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

[​IMG]

2. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Must take unbelievable mental strength to get through a game after knowing you ****ed up, especially when you’re as much of a laughing stock as he was at the time. I can’t stand him as a player but you have to respect his mentality to turn it around somewhat.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  3. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree but I think its also German mentality. All the Germans I know or have met over the years, and I have met plenty, have an arrogance about them. In football arrogance comes in very handy as a large part of you always thinks someone else is to blame. It simply cant be your fault because you are brilliant! I think Özil has the same mentality, every game he misses he thinks its our loss!

4. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

5. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

Two senior citizens for the price of one flawed yet very talented novice. I think we'll stick with the novice....you diabolical bastards :lol:

6. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Two finished bums on high wages.

Finish us for good.

7. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

We should get Vidal and Rakitic, then we'll be all ready to win the league in 2016.

Nenad, NCGooner, Sebastes and 17 others like this.
  8. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

So they'll give Artur to Juve for an aging Pjanic but try and offload their other aging players on us, they can fk off.

Hunta and American_Gooner like this.
  9. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Everyone is going to lowball us considering the situation.. We really can't be conned into swapping for deadweight, just take the cash.

10. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Umtiti and Coutinho and we throw them 5m. Cheers Barca.

Guendouzi at Barcelona would just look so wrong!

11. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Surprised it’s not Umtiti and dembele as we have room on the injury table

12. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Now those wouldn’t be a bad offer for Guendouzi.

13. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Griezmann is the one you look at if Auba / Laca off & Barca genuinely want Douzi. Starting to sound like he may be moved on this summer.

bingobob likes this.
  14. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Could We afford the medical care though

15. FluffyDoozi

FluffyDoozi Well-Known Member

Must be one of the few people with reservations about Griezmann coming to the premier league. You have to play him in a false nine or have more a traditional striker like Giroud or Costa for him to play off of.

Don't know if we can have a false nine because we don't have any goalscoring wide forwards. For the money we'd have to pay his goalscoring and assist numbers aren't that exceptional for someone who you'd build the team around.

Trilly and Garrincha like this.
  16. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I dont know, Arteta has been asking Laca to drop really deep, into a false 9 position at times. It allows for Auba (and hopefully next year Pepe) to run beyond and get in behind.

17. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Griezmann is not joining a mid table team! He's well past Arsenal level.

18. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Puig or we riot.

19. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

I wonder by how much his market value might have fallen between now and the Brighton game by comparison with what it would have been if we'd just kept playing him since the Brighton game but still sold him in the summer?

Hopefully not too much, but it's not inconceivable that it's decreased slightly, maybe by 5-10m.

20. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

We've basically taken a player who was widely regarded as one of the most valuable young players in European football and loudly advertised to the whole world that he's a problem player and we want to get rid of him. I just wonder if there wasn't a way to get rid of him, but do it in a more subtle way?

krengon likes this.