• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Any chance that Marseille pay 20m for him? They should have money because of CL.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The main issue with loaning Guendouzi and not wanting him at the club at all when he returns is that theres 2 years left on his deal. Just a loan would put him into the final year of his contract with us when he returns. No real sale value with one year left, any loan would need at least an option to buy. Ideally an obligation.

However it could also work in our favour. You could loan him out for a year in France and after a season if all parties can come to an agreement you extend his contract and he replaces Ceballos in the squad. One year of development in the champions league, new contract which protects his value.

A lot to do with Guendouzi, but a loan only works if we are accepting of taking him back/giving him a new deal.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
You could loan him out for a year in France and after a season if all parties can come to an agreement you extend his contract and he replaces Ceballos in the squad.
I think there is a serious breakup between him and Arteta. The chance of seeing him in Arsenal shirt is almost zero.

say yes

forum master baiter
Fits like a glove in that mad club.

I'd take the loan if he extends his contract only. Otherwise it's pretty pointless and we'd be at a loss financially given he has only 2 years left.
Tbh I’d probably take the loan even without an extension. He’s clearly had a big falling out with Arteta and the separation might give both parties the chance to cool off.

Don’t think we’d use him much this year, and if he does well there will still be plenty of offers next summer if we want to sell.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I like players to have a bit of an edge to them but let's be fair, he's done nothing in his career to warrant the big head he has.

If he can mature a little and settle down I still think he could turn into a very decent player. At this stage and with everything that's gone on it's hard to see him doing it at Arsenal though.

Goonger

I get we want to sell him, but if it gets to the weekend and no-one looks like they want to buy him then surely they'll send him on loan regardless as that's got to be better than him sitting in the stand every week?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I get we want to sell him, but if it gets to the weekend and no-one looks like they want to buy him then surely they'll send him on loan regardless as that's got to be better than him sitting in the stand every week?
a lot depends on what he himself wants - would he like to get back into the squad, or would he much prefer to move on - we don't really know

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Swap him for Kamara. It doesn't look like we are going to get enough funds in to get Thomas, and will probably be haggling with Aulas until Monday.

Pepesuave

The main issue with loaning Guendouzi and not wanting him at the club at all when he returns is that theres 2 years left on his deal. Just a loan would put him into the final year of his contract with us when he returns. No real sale value with one year left, any loan would need at least an option to buy. Ideally an obligation.

However it could also work in our favour. You could loan him out for a year in France and after a season if all parties can come to an agreement you extend his contract and he replaces Ceballos in the squad. One year of development in the champions league, new contract which protects his value.

A lot to do with Guendouzi, but a loan only works if we are accepting of taking him back/giving him a new deal.
Easy solution...make him sign a 1 yr extension as a condition for approving the loan deal. Chelsea did the same with Batshuayi before the Palace loan....a player that has zero future at the club.
If Douzi refuses, let him rot in the reserves till January

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We're gonna be getting good fees for Mustafi, Emi, Kola and co, yet can't get a decent offer him.

Perhaps he's not as good as he thought he was and over rates himself.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
We're gonna be getting good fees for Mustafi, Emi, Kola and co, yet can't get a decent offer him.

probably turning down good offers because he thinks Bayern or PSG or Barcelona will come calling any day soon

D

Dial Square 1886

Yes, exactly.

The others are solid, if limited, pros.

This kid has some potential, but has not proven anything yet and seems to have a terrible attitude.

Not really the type you want to be sinking a load of money into.

A reclamation project for someone at the right price I guess, but he probably thinks he should be at a 'big' club.

Type of player who could come back to haunt us, but most likely never achieves what we thought maybe he could have at first glance when he broke into the first team a couple of seasons back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom