• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

I saw the Maryland-Niles thread was started and figured Guendouzi’s should be as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What’s wrong with having disciplinary issues? Don’t tell me there is a new culture in football where unless you’re some angel you’re considered a problem.

Young players with dodgy discipline is a part of football, it’s the job of the manager and club to mature him.

Guendouzi has great talent and attitude. He plays like he cares.

al-Ustaadh

What’s wrong with having disciplinary issues? Don’t tell me there is a new culture in football where unless you’re some angel you’re considered a problem.

Young players with dodgy discipline is a part of football, it’s the job of the manager and club to mature him.

Don’t disagree.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ridiculous. He's one of the most highly-rated under-21 players in world football. Fans don't realise when they have a good thing, you build a player up only to knock them down. If Guendouzi was playing for Dortmund Arsenal fans would be making twitter threads about why we should sign him.

AMN sure, if he doesn't want to apply himself he can be sold, we wouldn't be losing a huge talent. Guendouzi is in a different category altogether.

al-Ustaadh

Ridiculous. He's one of the most highly-rated under-21 players in world football. Fans don't realise when they have a good thing, you build a player up only to knock them down. If Guendouzi was playing for Dortmund Arsenal fans would be making twitter threads about why we should sign him.

AMN sure, if he doesn't want to apply himself he can be sold, we wouldn't be losing a huge talent. Guendouzi is in a different category altogether.
We’ll wait for @hydrofluoric acid ’s opinion...

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
If you could get a fee close to Partey's asking price (so I'm thinking €40-50m), I would take it. Honestly, he's a big talent, but he hasn't really shown improvement this season in the areas where he is lacking (positional awareness, quicker release of the ball). I don't care that much about discipline because he's clearly giving 100% on the pitch, but I do find his falling down at the slightest touch and constant aggravating annoying. A player should know when to do this to be effective, not do it constantly like some butthurt snowflake.

If this is what it takes to get two more established players in our midfield, I'd take it. Although, I would prefer to sell both Torreira and/or Xhaka (at €30-40m) before Guendouzi if there were offers tabled for all three of them.

Reactions: B77

It's clear after that feud with Arteta that Arteta doesn't like him. Guendouzi is good to get rid of for Arteta to send a message to the squad who is the boss!

Wont be missed at all. Two years here and he has gotten worse from the player he was at the beginning!

Why don’t we sell that plumber Torreira? That lad is crying for Italy every 3 months.

DBcUtoo.png

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I was a massive fan until this season really. Hasn't improved much, but he's still very young and he probably does have close to top class potential.

I would only sell if he's deemed an irreparable misfit/problem for the club, and only for £40m+. I would say £50m+ but it's probably unrealistic due to his lack of progression.

I would much rather sell Xhaka and Torreira. Sign two new starters, and have Willock and Matteo as other options.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don’t see it with him, kind of an annoying character too, has no discipline in midfield but also no end product so I don’t know what he brings...need to start getting some proper midfielders at this great club again.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t see it with him, kind of an annoying character too, has no discipline in midfield but also no end product so I don’t know what he brings...need to start getting some proper midfielders at this great club again.
He’s just turned 21, come to a new league, played under 3 managers and club where our midfield is a mess. What midfield discipline do you want?

I rather you go and support a different club.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He has potential but right now he is just another jack of all trade type, he simply doesn't have any outstanding quality. Not great technically, not great creatively, not great athletically. Not a DM, not an AM and not a particularly great CM. All he has going for him right now is that he is tall and he can run around a bit.

So it's not worth the hassle for the manager to put up with his ****, Arteta isn't here to be a father figure. If we can raise fund from selling him then we should as he is one of the few non key asset we have that has more value than a pack of peanuts.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I disagree about him having no real quality; he has shown on a few occasions that he has good vision and drive when he has the ball. The guy saved us 4 points early in the season (vs Sp**s + Villa) with these qualities. There were periods last season where he was lofting some really cute diagonals in and around the box too.

With young players though they need to be guided right, and I think he lost his way a bit during the end of the Emery era. He had a guaranteed starting spot and now Arteta is expecting more from him, so lets see how he comes out of this.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I would rather sell players like Torreira (doesnt wanna be here), Elneny, Mkhy, AMN, Mustafi, Sokratis to raise funds (thats £60-80m right there). There's no need to sell a talented player, unless Arteta really isn't convinced in training or we get a big offer (£35m+).

We need to start getting the best out of our talented players ffs, it seems like teams like Leicester are taking these talents and turning them into £50m+ valued players (did it with mahrez, kante, maguire and now with ndidi, soyuncu, maddison etc). We need to do that or they will surpass us in the long run. I back Arteta to do it with time.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He's got a lot of developing to do, but I think he'll blossom into a great player. He's very rarely injured so he can work on his deficiencies which seem more positioning related than skill based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom