• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
You can argue he hasn’t shown indiscipline under Arteta, clean slate and all that. Managers love him.
One of those managers lost their job after 22 years, another manager will probably end up managing the Spanish Bolton.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
What’s wrong with having disciplinary issues? Don’t tell me there is a new culture in football where unless you’re some angel you’re considered a problem.

Young players with dodgy discipline is a part of football, it’s the job of the manager and club to mature him.
Based on what Ornstein said a few months ago it doesn't sound that serious:
After Guendouzi’s spot of bother over the last couple of weeks, somebody has also informed The Athletic that this “is not the only time Guendouzi has been reprimanded for his behaviour.

“The training incident,” Ornstein reveals, “was a mid-session altercation with one of his team-mates, which led to both men being pulled up by Arteta, although the 20-year-old was deemed the guiltier party and given a more stern dressing-down.

“But also during the five-day camp, Arsenal’s technical director Edu had to tell off the Frenchman for his behaviour at an external event,” Ornstein adds. “The group were enjoying some local music when Guendouzi briefly removed his shirt and waived it around in support of the act.”

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
What’s the point of project youth if you sell one of your most highly rated youngster before they’ve shown a fifth of their potential. You only sell your better players if an insane offer comes in or the player refuses to sign an extension.
So this club will stick with the human Beyblade, the South American Jay Spearing and the Granit Xavi but throw away Guendouzi? He’s one of the few midfielders we can mould to be a 2 way midfielder. He hasn’t improved? How can you expect a young player to improve when this has been one has been under management of 3 managers under 12 months? In fact who has shown improvements this season, Xhaka? You wait until February when everyone is writing on how we’ve bottled top 4 because he decided to drop kick someone for banter.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

"His technical ability and his vision of the game, in a position in front of the defence, argue in his favour to take over from Casemiro."

**** off :lol:

What do you think of this @hydrofluoric acid

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Sell him now or give him a new contract. He’ll have one year left next year and go for **** all.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not completely bought in but this not the time to sell.

Arguably best young talent after Saka.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'm honestly down for selling him if a huge offer comes along...

Think he has a lot of talent and a bright future ahead of him as long as he put his head down and work, which seems to be a problem of late.

ChefMan21

"His technical ability and his vision of the game, in a position in front of the defence, argue in his favour to take over from Casemiro."

**** off :lol:

What do you think of this @hydrofluoric acid
What I wouldn't do for a swap between those players (i.e. we sell Guendouzi, and then using the funds from that sale, we make up the shortfall and get Casemiro)... I get that his wages would be massive, but his work rate and ability to tackle are exactly what we need to tighten us up. You can build a midfield around a player like that.

blaze_of_glory

I think I associate this guy too much now with all the crap that's happened since 2018. Came in just as it all kicked off, he's like the poster child for the post-Wenger boondoggle.

Not fair, but I'm afraid that means he's gotta go.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I think I associate this guy too much now with all the crap that's happened since 2018. Came in just as it all kicked off, he's like the poster child for the post-Wenger boondoggle.

Not fair, but I'm afraid that means he's gotta go.
Even if you're joking, that could actually effect people's perceptions. Same thing happened with Fellaini/Moyes at United I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom