• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matthijs de Ligt

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I hate being linked to players who are apparently this good. My mood literally deflates with each post like this:

You're completely missing the point though, he's good enough to play NOW. We'll never get him next year, or the year after if he continues to improve.

or this:
He's going to make it big time. Already captaining Ajax at the age of 18 and 5 caps for the NT.

Because I know that we rarely if every get top draw players anymore. Each summer though you hope that this is the one who slips through the cracks and ends up with you. Kind of like how Sp**s got Sanchez with minimal competition. Fingers crossed, hopefully we show some forward thinking.

Baggio7

Was pretty **** in the EL final wasn't he?

To be honest De Ligt was the only bright spot on Ajax side.
Ajax was **** in the final (think the young squad was very nervous).

De Ligt was actually pretty good. I think the guy has much more potential than D Sanchez.
Sanchez is 3 years older. But they are on the same level.
Last season De Ligt made some crucial mistakes.
This season he’s playing like a leader. He’s very mature for his age. He’s great with the ball on the feet. He can score, provide assists.
There’s only one downside. He ain’t very fast.

Don't think it's a problem tho.

Look at Pique, look at Hummel etc etc.. All slow as hell. But they still great

De Ligt is the Mbappe of defenders.

We should get him now before it’s 2 late. He will be the real deal within 1-2 years.

Aevi

Hale End FC
De Ligt is one of football's top 10 young talents atm. I'm pessimistic about our chances unless we qualify for the CL and/or sell ourselves as a good stepping stone in his career.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Monster in FIFA as well. Sign the lad.

HBL

Established Member
Would be a statement of intent for sure, ideally we sign someone like Koulibaly and then a younger guy like De Light, Pavard etc next summer but I’m not sure we can afford to see their value increase even more next season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Spuds want him as well, not sure I could handle it if he went there :(
No reason to let that happen. We can pay him more, we're a bigger club and we can send Agent Bergkamp to speak to him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I hate being linked to players who are apparently this good. My mood literally deflates with each post like this:

or this:

Because I know that we rarely if every get top draw players anymore. Each summer though you hope that this is the one who slips through the cracks and ends up with you. Kind of like how Sp**s got Sanchez with minimal competition. Fingers crossed, hopefully we show some forward thinking.

I reckon Nasri was the last time we won the race for a European wonderkid? That was 10 years ago ffs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I reckon Nasri was the last time we won the race for a European wonderkid? That was 10 years ago ffs.
Pretty much.

This second page just confirmed we aren't signing him. No way we sign the 'Mbappe of CBs'. Fingers crossed anyway, we do actually need a young CB that's a level above Holding/Chambers.

Crocrodile

If we could get De Ligt for 50M and sell Mustafi for half that...
I 'd literally cry :lol::lol::lol:
He 's an actual stay at home defender who plays smart more in the mould of older CBs and would allow us to buy an all-action type.

Still would have enough money for a Söyüncü or someone similar.

It would be an investment into a top 10 CB for the next 15 years, provided that we get better in the coming years, which I hope we do with the help of academy talent and purchasing class players.

Sidenote: Friend of a friend plays for Ajax, absolute top class academy, incredible technical acumen and education for the players. We should have been all over most deals Spuds have made in the past and should go all out to get this guy, no matter the competition from other clubs.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If we could get De Ligt for 50M and sell Mustafi for half that...
I 'd literally cry :lol::lol::lol:
He 's an actual stay at home defender who plays smart more in the mould of older CBs and would allow us to buy an all-action type.

Still would have enough money for a Söyüncü or someone similar.

It would be an investment into a top 10 CB for the next 15 years, provided that we get better in the coming years, which I hope we do with the help of academy talent and purchasing class players.

Sidenote: Friend of a friend plays for Ajax, absolute top class academy, incredible technical acumen and education for the players. We should have been all over most deals Spuds have made in the past and should go all out to get this guy, no matter the competition from other clubs.

De Ligt and De Jong would be pretty damn sweet.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom