• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matthijs de Ligt

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Arsenal Mustn’t miss out on him like we missed out on Davinson.

Get him now! If unsure loan him out and see how he does. We can only profit in a couple of years if he doesn’t make the cut on loan.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would easily spend 50 million on this guy. Dominant in the air and so capable on the ball. Not the quickest, but quick enough to put Rashford in his pocket.

Perfect with a physical beast next to him or as the central defender in a back 3.

Imagine a back 3 of:

Soyuncu-De Ligt- Diallo

Yes it's young, but it's the only way to rebuild quickly.

macka66

Would be a terrific signing has shown this season why he is regarded as one of the best young talents in the world. There were rumours that if Barcelona sell umtiti then they are looking at him as he's replacement, would have thought that he would be out of our price range.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Bayern will do what Bayern do. Get big money for Boateng who wants out and they'll sign this kid and make a profit.

Ain't leaving mate - believe a local. It's either Barca or the Manchester clubs we have to worry about. Bayern is loaded - 3 worldclass CBs is enough, plus with Martinez and some others having more than capable back-ups. ;)

Stannis

I think he is already beyond us. This is Spanish superpowers, Bayern or Manc territory.

However, if there is even a chance we should go for it, especially if Sp**s are after him as well. If we get him, we will get a champion player who will also be sold for massive profit if that time comes.

People are not exaggerating when they call him the Mbappe of defenders

I know will be worried that if we sign him and sell mustafi, thats 4 defenders at the club under 24. I think that's an exaggerated concern because all 4 would have promise and de Ligt is already better than Kosc or Mustafi. Last season Del Ligt as a 17 year old played with Davidson Sanchez ( who we are also suckers for not going for) and came out as the one with more leadership qualities.
Plus we don't have the pressure of Champions League, and nor does anyone expect us to realistically go for the league next season. Fans will give the team and new manager a honeymoon period.

However, the problem of experience is easily alleviated by Jonny Evans. This is one of the few scenarios that I would not mind signing him as well.

Ain't leaving mate - believe a local. It's either Barca or the Manchester clubs we have to worry about. Bayern is loaded - 3 worldclass CBs is enough, plus with Martinez and some others having more than capable back-ups. ;)

Boatang has been pretty open about the fact he wants to leave, Bayern will go for de Ligt in that case, but yet for him it would be the least attractive option.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Very much against signing teeanage centerbacks unless they are less than 5 million.

If you blow 30 million...I expect that I can criticize them when the fvck up. I hate it when others justify..."its his first season or he's only 18" when things start to go wrong.

Malky

Established Member
Top level talent this kid, but he's going to go for huge money. Ships sailed for us.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
De Ligt is one of the rare breed of legit young defenders, you could say he's 'de legit'.
Do you follow Ajax or is this Youtube?

The dutch league is hardly spectacular standard of play.
Is he anything like Jaap Stam? Defender that strikers feared when battling? Or is he more a fancy ball playing defender that is culpable of the occasional fvck up.

I maintain...defenders don't really hit their prime until they are 24-25. Rarely you see young defenders flat out dominate.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Mino Raiola is a total scumbag. He's forcing Kluivert out of the club, who has one year left on his contract and demanding ridiculous money. The kid has only had a breakthrough this season and hasn't even been that amazing: had a few good games.

Seems like things are going the same way for De Ligt, who is much more talented than Kluivert and more ready for a next step, but another year in the Dutch league wouldn't hurt him. We won't get him, even though coming here would be a good step for him I feel. A big one, but one that's more likely to work out than if he goes to another top club.

Latest posts

Top Bottom