• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matty Longstaff

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
When we signed Sokratis, Torreira, Guendouzi, Leno, and Lichtsteiner I was told it was to get into top4. It's one of the most terrible summer businesses in the history of any club IMO. Since then a lot has happened. Now we are signing players to get back into top8.
We were almost there but for little details though. If we spent in Jan we probably would've been in the CL with a Europa league wub.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Hes alright actually. Bit better than touted. Technical, comfy with both feet, not as slow as some of our other midfielders :lol:.

Definitely a leftfield option but all depends on how good he could be.
Who'd you vouch for out of the brothers?

TornadoTed

Established Member
Sean Longstaff is obviously a couple of years older and is much further on in his development but I have read that Matty is meant to be the slightly more talented of the two.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The last thing that our midfield needs is more talent. Willock, Smith-Rowe and Guendouzi are of high-potential, we need the finished article as Xhaka is mid-table to Europa level, Torreria is yey to arrive yet and Ceballos is on loan.

I fail to see the point in signing Longstaff.

TornadoTed

Established Member
The last thing that our midfield needs is more talent. Willock, Smith-Rowe and Guendouzi are of high-potential, we need the finished article as Xhaka is mid-table to Europa level, Torreria is yey to arrive yet and Ceballos is on loan.

I fail to see the point in signing Longstaff.

If we can get Longstaff on a free and then shift AMN for £15-20 million it makes a lot of sense. In any other scenario I am pretty much in agreement.

truth_hurts

If we can get Longstaff on a free and then shift AMN for £15-20 million it makes a lot of sense. In any other scenario I am pretty much in agreement.

Financially it makes sense, but Longstaff doesn't improve our midfield.

AMN is worth more than 20m to be honest.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Neither does AMN though. Wenger, Emery and now Mikel will barely give him a game there. If we can bring in some cash to put towards a midfielder who will make a difference while replacing our 6th choice midfielder I'm all for it.

truth_hurts

Neither does AMN though. Wenger, Emery and now Mikel will barely give him a game there. If we can bring in some cash to put towards a midfielder who will make a difference while replacing our 6th choice midfielder I'm all for it.

I'd sell Xhaka, El Nenny and Maitland Niles and buy a top class cm. We don't need Longstaff when we already have 3 good, young prospects.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I'd sell Xhaka, El Nenny and Maitland Niles and buy a top class cm. We don't need Longstaff when we already have 3 good, young prospects.

Id actually keep Elneny as a squaddie. We all know he is a decent passer albeit a bit shy on the ball, think Arteta could get the best out of him

Goonger

I think we need 2 to be honest, 1 with more physical attributes & 1 with better technical attributes. Think that's now our weakest area.

TornadoTed

Established Member

I suppose it really depends on formation going forward. If we are playing 4-2-3-1 then a new midfielder, Torreira and the youngsters is probably fine. If we are going to 4-3-3 then we need 6-7 midfielders.

truth_hurts

I agree with both of the 2 posts above. I just don't feel as though Longstaff is the answer to any of this. Might as well invest time into Willock and Smith-Rowe.

Top Bottom