• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Max Meyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Bit of a small sample size for golovin in that comparison. I reckon he is the better tackler and more combatative in general. Meyer is the better player right now but also bit of a lightweight, it comes down to what we want.

If we want a Santi replacement than go for Meyer

If we want a more robust all action midfielder then well lets just say i liked what i saw from Golovin.

Unfortunately they don't have data on the russian league. Meyer is more of a CDM/CM while Golovin is a more attacking player. I think you could see that vs CSKA.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Meyer Ramsey
Xhaka
That's a pretty good balanced midfield tbh, tho that would require Özil playing out wide which I'm not sure the next manager would be so keen but who knows (also no guarantee said manager will definitely play 4-3-3).

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Meyer Ramsey
Xhaka
That's a pretty good balanced midfield tbh, tho that would require Özil playing out wide which I'm not sure the next manager would be so keen but who knows (also no guarantee said manager will definitely play 4-3-3).

Meyer has been playing the deepest midfield role for Schalke this year and seems to have taken to it very well. If he comes, I'd think he would probably take that role here, allowing Xhaka to play further forward like he does when he's in the team with Elneny.

Toby

Meyer Ramsey
Xhaka

With Meyer and Xhaka both basically being 6 and 8, along Ramsey's engine and work ethic, that could be a defensively stable midfield, without being too timid, as all three are useful to attacks.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Meyer has been playing the deepest midfield role for Schalke this year and seems to have taken to it very well. If he comes, I'd think he would probably take that role here, allowing Xhaka to play further forward like he does when he's in the team with Elneny.
The way Schalke play is that their CM‘s interchange between attacking and defending depending on who‘s going forward first similar to how Bayern did it with Schweinsteiger/Martinez.

He can do both roles easily depending on what the new coach wants, which is why he would be an excellent for whoever takes the job.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
With Meyer and Xhaka both basically being 6 and 8, along Ramsey's engine and work ethic, that could be a defensively stable midfield, without being too timid, as all three are useful to attacks.

How good is he between the lines? Receiving under pressure, etc? Stats wise his dribbling seems poor compared to Santi but then you look at Modric and he averages very few dribbles too, yet he's magnifue at the aforementioned things.

Given that he's a (former) AM, he must have decent technical ability.

Toby

He can do both roles easily depending on what the new coach wants, which is why he would be an excellent for whoever takes the job.

His versatile profile - having started out as an attacking mid/winger, now being deployed deeper - his skillset, his age and the fact that he's on a free, make him the perfect signing to bolster the squad quality and especially quantity wise.

We should probabaly sign him even if Wilshere or Cazorla stay, I mean, a look at the bench vs. Atletico should be reason enough to sign Meyer.

Toby

How good is he between the lines? Receiving under pressure, etc? Stats wise his dribbling seems poor compared to Santi but then you look at Modric and he averages very few dribbles too, yet he's magnifue at the aforementioned things.

Given that he's a (former) AM, he must have decent technical ability.

He's very much in the mold of Julian Draxler or Leon Goretzka.

It's a highlight reel but it gives off quite a good impression on his overall style and profile. He's the no. 7.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Meyer Ramsey
Xhaka

Hypothetically that's sort of how I'd imagine it. I'd then have Özil on one wing with a dribbling winger on the opposite wing to give some variety and balance. I still doubt if that midfield has enough physicality for a PL season, but maybe the added technique would make up for that.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I rated Meyer highly as an attacking midfielder/no.10, never saw him play in the deeper role. Pirlo and Santi transitioned well, hell Scholes used to be a no.10. I am in no way, shape or form saying Meyer is of this ilk, but he is a quality footballer. I'd be for it.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's very much in the mold of Julian Draxler or Leon Goretzka.

It's a highlight reel but it gives off quite a good impression on his overall style and profile. He's the no. 7.
His gait is quite similar though maybe not as labored as Wilshere's. Looks quite a similar player in that video.

HBL

Established Member
In light of the performance by AMN today, I vote no to this transfer. Unless there is another midfielder leaving, along with Wilshere and Cazorla.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
In light of the performance by AMN today, I vote no to this transfer. Unless there is another midfielder leaving, along with Wilshere and Cazorla.
1 performance against an abject United doesn't mitigate the need to bolster the squad. Rob Holding looked incredible multiple times last season. He's been dire this season. Wenger passed on Kante because he thought Coquelin (who had way more quality performances on his resume than AMN against better opposition) could do the same job. Big mistake. I hope AMN cements himself here. Betting that he will on the back of one performance against a team that really had nothing to play for today is not prudent. History is not on our side in that respect.

Aevi

Hale End FC
http://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/noch-schalke-star-max-meyer-klagt-an-ich-fuhle-mich-gemobbt/

"The midfielder, who is a free transfer in the summer, does not want to extend his contract - and shoots in sharp heat against S04 bosses Christian Heidel and Clemens Tönnies. The interview in picture is an open declaration of war.

This interview will provide fuel for the fight: Schalke's still-star Max Meyer has massively approached the club leadership to manager Christian Heidel in an interview with the Bild and made serious allegations. "Lately everything feels like bullying to me," grumbles the 22-year-old, who is actually a Schalker boy, but S04 is now abandoned - in the dispute, which had already hinted in recent weeks.

Meyer, who had a contract until 2022, which is endowed with 5.5 million euros annual salary, played last in the 1-1 against Mönchengladbach - although he claims to be fit. The consultant advised by Roger Wittmann and his agency ROGON shoots sharply against Schalke: "For me, the situation is such that Mr. Heidel told me from the first day I could go. (...) Then he said, that I did not play much anymore, I was not wanted anymore. "

A few days ago it had become public that Meyer S04 will leave at the end of the season. Already in June 2017, he had announced in the SPORTBUZZER an air change: "I want and must take the next step," said the midfielder at that time. Clemens Tonnies attacked Meyer and Leon Goretzka, who moves to Bayern in the summer, sharply. At Sky he said: "The train of money has overtaken the emotions," said the chairman of the supervisory board of Schalke. "Those who stay in a club forever - there are not that many anymore." Sharp criticism of Christian Heidel

In fact, coach Domenico Tedesco had used the homegrown in the past few weeks only sporadically - which, however, according to the coach had mainly performance-related reasons. Meyer in Bild: "I felt like being pushed!" And: "I was never concerned about the money, otherwise I would have accepted the second improved offer so that's why I find it a mess by Clemens Tönnies to put it on TV as if it's all about money, I just did not want to stay with Schalke and work under Mr. Heidel. "

In the talks about an extension of his contract there had been massive differences between Heidel and Advisor Wittmann, which resulted in a dispute. That this is done now with Meyer as a mouthpiece is bad. Meyer: "It's just enough for me to always read something about myself - neither Heidel nor Tönnies talked to me - now they can read how the last two years have been for me at Schalke ..." The interview is definitely one open declaration of war.
"

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I wonder why it's turned so ugly with Meyer but not with Goretzka? Goretzka's the one who already has a bloody agreement to join Bayern for christ sake.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I wonder why it's turned so ugly with Meyer but not with Goretzka? Goretzka's the one who already has a bloody agreement to join Bayern for christ sake.
Goretzka too the fans got really angry with him about not waited until the summer to announce his move to Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom