• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Max Meyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I thought Meyer was more of a number 10 or wide forward?
He has been converter into a CM/DLP this season after not developing quite as expected as an attacking midfielder. Has been brilliant since, helping get Schalke fight for the 2nd place in the Bundesliga.

Crocrodile

If we 're going Meyer it 's to play them in our Wilshere/Santi role.
He 's a technical player who can connect our lines in that type of way.

A righty at that, needs to bring the balance to the force with Xhaka/Wilshere being lefties with Ramsey just returning.

He 's a direct replacement for Santi, it pains me to say it but Santi is done, even if he made a miracle-comeback father-time will be knocking on the door.

Did very well intercepting the football this season and he 's still technically sound, as are really most of Schalkes players.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If anyone is like me and seriously lacks any hobbies or interests in life apart from football but who are also repulsed by the idea of watching Sp**s v Newport, Meyer is playing for Schalke against Wolfsburg right now if any of you wanna check him out. He's very much playing the no. 6 role.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Didn't realise that he played as #6 nowadays.

Yeah I was wondering just how much of a #6 he is, but from watching him he's very much the deepest midfielder. He drops back to the CBs, collects the ball and moves it forward. He's far from the second coming of Vieira or Keane, but he scurries about and does a good job of intercepting the ball. He certainly moves a lot faster than Xhaka that's for sure.

I'll be honest it's not like he's the absolute best at that role out there right now. He might not be the absolute best prospect for that role either, Torreira or Frenkie de Jong probably have higher ceilings. But he's obviously very gettable and the fact he's adapted so quickly to his new role means he's an intelligent player. He's still very young too. So he's a good option, if not the absolute best option. We should keep watching him though.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Imagine being a Schalke fan right now... Guaranteed to lose Goretzka AND Meyer for nothing in the summer.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Imagine being a Schalke fan right now... Guaranteed to lose Goretzka AND Meyer for nothing in the summer.

True, but it's not all doom and gloom for them. They've got an up and coming manager and a good youth set-up, plus they have Amine Harit. He's such a good player. Harit is who I'd have as a future Özil replacement.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Meyer is a good player but I don't think I want more of his profile in midfield. We overstock diminutive technical playmakers. Want to see us signing a player with similar technical ability that is more athletically gifted.
Modric and verratti aren't for sale bro

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Modric and verratti aren't for sale bro

Also to be fair arguably our best midfielder of recent times was a diminutive technical playmaker. If Meyer is half as good as Santi then he'd be a worthwhile addition.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I've just taken some time to look into him and his new role, and it's all very intriguing. He has definitely stepped up to the challenge of having defensive responsibilities, putting in very respectable tackle and interception numbers that match Kante's. He is even more impressive in possession however, as Meyer is fantastic at launching attacks and serves as a very effective anti-press player through his agility and tricky dribbling. I can see where the Cazorla and Wilshere comparisons come in, but he seems even more suited for the deep midfield role. Getting him would be a huge coup.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've just taken some time to look into him and his new role, and it's all very intriguing. He has definitely stepped up to the challenge of having defensive responsibilities, putting in very respectable tackle and interception numbers that match Kante's. He is even more impressive in possession however, as Meyer is fantastic at launching attacks and serves as a very effective anti-press player through his agility and tricky dribbling. I can see where the Cazorla and Wilshere comparisons come in, but he seems even more suited for the deep midfield role. Getting him would be a huge coup.

He may match his numbers in Germany but Meyer is still learning the role and he doesn't have blistering pace or recovery.

The fact that he is comfortable deeper means he could work really well in 3. However he would still need to be alongside a box to box ball midfielder and a physical tackler.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Having said that. It is possible to play him at the base if he is that good on the ball, but we would need to change our midfield completely. None of our options would be acceptable. If you have a creative player at the base you need to have two dynamic midfielders. Look at Napoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom