• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Medhi Benatia

yassin

Arsène Wenger is eager to strengthen his options at the back ahead of the 2016-17 season and has identified the former Roma man as an ideal addition to his defensive line

Arsenal will make a summer bid for Bayern Munich centre-back Mehdi Benatia, according to a report by the Daily Star.

The France-born Morocco international recently stated that he will leave the German champions if he is not afforded more playing time, all amid Bayern's public interest in signing Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels.

Juventus, Inter and former club Roma are also linked with a move for the 29-year-old.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/1156...benatia?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Heisenberg

If Bayern buys Mats Hummels, Benatia will be available. He was extremely high rated before his move to Bayern Munich, and he is probably a very talented centre back. However, he never really made it in Bayern; injuries and Guardiolas style of play with types like Alaba, Alonso, Lahm and Javi Martinez in at centre back at times. Neither of them at natural centre back, but Guardiola loves to have good footballers all over - especially in the Bundesliga.

Therefore, I do not know much about Benatia as I do not watch Italian football, and he has not played that much for Bayern.

He could be an interesting signing though. Benatia and Koscielny. Sounds solid.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not the best sources.

Would be a good signing though, easily better than Mertesacker and Gabriel.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I was going to post this but midway through the trail of sources, we come up as possible suitors out of absolutely nothing and that's where all the articles started. The article that dit it quoted interest from Roma and then just added in Arsenal for the lolz.

This is a nothing rumor atm, one of the lamest attempts I've ever seen.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He's always injured and even when he's fit, he's not exactly first name on the team sheet.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we're still keeping Gabriel and Mertesacker then his injuries wouldn't be a probably. Haven't seen him play that much, would he be a good partner for Kos, also hear his a natural leader which is something we lack.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Every transfer thread atm seems to begin with absolute waste sources :( Depressing.

Xhaka is probably the only one that's been reported by reputable outlets isn't he?

Would love Benatia here. Realistic too, but need better sources!

nicky47

Established Member
It is still early. But to get 1 or 2 deals sorted out before EC is ideal.
2 signings before the Euros would be superb! Think I'm being over optimistic though... But I am hoping we do have our eyes on someone early like Cech last summer.

Regarding a CB, I just can't see Wenger spending in this area this summer.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He was really really good before his move to Bayern. Think every player who was quality at one club deserves a second chance.

@Rimaal what do you think?

KillaJax

Would be a good realistic option and would immediately be a starter here. As much as I want to rate Gabriel, he is simply to error prone to be a reliable starter.

Benatia and Xhaka are the most realistic rumors and also attainable.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He was really really good before his move to Bayern. Think every player who was quality at one club deserves a second chance.

@Rimaal what do you think?
He's a very good player that suffers from occasional brain-farts on the pitch. He's better than anything we've currently got in his position.

Aevi

Hale End FC
If he does move, it'll probably be return to Roma. He has come out and said this:

"I would certainly do it, everyone knows that Rome is a special place for me. So many people have remained in my heart."

Looking on the positive side though, this could open up a move for Manolas, so this merry-go-around wouldn't be too bad at all.

BobP

Memri Fan
Think his departure from Roma was acrimonious, think he said that he didn't want to leave but Roma needed the money, some offical from Roma strongly accused him of lying.

Fun Fact: When he made the move to Udinese, it was on a free and he slot in from the get go and performed very well in helping them to a top 4 finish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom