• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Medhi Benatia

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Everton were insane for rejecting the Stones bid, what was it? 40M? Unlikely to ever get more than 50M. Seems like a waste of time to develop a CB talent that will leave in a few years.

Roma need money to comply with FFP or could be kicked out of the CL. We could probably get Manolas for a lower fee if we bullied them into it. Scz could also be included in a deal whether it be out right or loaned again.

I like the experience of Benatia though, think it gives the squad a better blend.

Last edited:

Iceko

Everton were insane for rejecting the Stones bid, what was it? 40M? Unlikely to ever get more than 50M. Seems like a waste of time to develop a CB talent that will leave in a few years.

Roma need money to comply with FFP or could be kicked out of the CL. We could probably get Manolas for a lower fee if we bullied them into it. Scz could also be included in a deal whether it be out right or loaned again.

I like the experience of Benatia though, think it gives the squad a better blend.

Haha funny. To me, we've never not even once looked like bullying a club out of it's best players. We just don't seem ruthless in the transfer market.

Goon_si

Haha funny. To me, we've never not even once looked like bullying a club out of it's best players. We just don't seem ruthless in the transfer market.
What about Cazorla? Malaga had to sell some players fast and we moved in for Santi. Got him criminally cheap as well.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What about Cazorla? Malaga had to sell some players fast and we moved in for Santi. Got him criminally cheap as well.
It's many things but not bullying. Opportunism, savy, exploitation etc. Bullying is what Chelsea done with Everton over Stones and Everton stood up to it or what Madrid do for nearly every signing, we are buying this player and we will keep knocking until we get the answer we want.

How good is manolas?

adpree

Talking about bullying, just not our style. Few things for this to happen, selling party has to be at a weaker position than you or you must have bottomless resources to just keep throwing money to ramp up the pressure.

When you work hard for every penny you have like Arsenal has, you would be very careful with it. Would seek to quietly finish business, so others don't actually know your financial might.

BobP

Memri Fan
It seems like Bayern are clearing house a bit, Kicker are reporting that Benatia is most certainly for sale, alongside Rode, Hojbjerg.

But we do seem to be interested in other CBs so maybe we're surveying things a little?

BBF

Exciting movements from new transfer committee, but we could have signed him for less than that when he moved to Italy, Germany, and then back to Italy when he was quality. What a shambles :lol:

Good player mind, but you have to wonder how often he'll make the pitch.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Exciting movements from new transfer committee, but we could have signed him for less than that when he moved to Italy, Germany, and then back to Italy when he was quality. What a shambles :lol:

Good player mind, but you have to wonder how often he'll make the pitch.

Start every game with Mustafi going to Inter

Zaza

No thanks. We need someone like Manolas, Skrinar, Koulibaly, etc not this guy. Liverpool are signing Van Dijk and Naby Keita while we keep getting linked to ****ty players

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I just want two 6’3 CB who know that sometimes even great teams need to be rigid in defence and not express themselves. And not allow 3/4 defenders to get sucked over to the wing to allow Salah an opening like when Moses parted the Red Sea

Aevi

Hale End FC
Another older CB, which is alright but we should only get 1. Otherwise, in 2-3 years, we'll be stuck with quite a few players with no resell value that need to be replaced. Benatia is quality though, I'd definitely prefer him to Sokratis and Evans.

Top Bottom