• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Medhi Benatia

FEH

Think hes quality, rugged defender. Whats his pace like? Sokratis Benatia seems to lack pace which might be an issue.

Our interest has been there for a while so not sure what has changed now if anything.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Seems there is a fair bit of quality players available this window at affordable prices.

Wonder if the club is already looking to move Mustafi on. With Sokratis, Chambers, Mavro and Koscielny back in January there is no real place for him if we also are interested in Benatia.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
20M should be enough to sell Benatia. Sokratis Marvs Mustafi Holding Chambers kosh we aren't buying another CB unless we sell Mustafi and send Marvs or Holding on loan

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He should have been our #1 center back target & done the deal by now.

Not sure why we are stalling or signing other CBs first.

Can see Sp**s making the move when Toby situation resolved.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
A rumour where you know it will never happen.

We already have our experienced CB, Benatia is a starter for Juve and why he should leave for an EL club?

Stannis

As did Gazidis and Allegri. Imagine that.

Don’t think so, I feel for whatever reason Emery was preferred. I know Gazidis has said no one turned Arsenal down, and so did Ornstein, Marcotti and a few others. Who knows if it’s true, but Allegri didn’t fully commit to Juve till after Emery was announced.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If Kosc isnt back until January then I worry how he will return, he was on the drop a bit before his injury, this could rapidly speed up his decline.

Hope he recovers well.

Stannis

Crappy source but I would really like this. Especially if Koscielny doesn’t come back right. He was already in the decline prior to his injury.

He would also be good if we sell mustafi, three experienced pros + good talents in Rob Holding and young Leonidas would be great, Bielk shouldn’t be ignored either

Song Billong

How has he been playing this season?

I think he'd be a signing of the same calibre as Sokratis - a good defender that will help solidify our backline and strengthen our options. But he's not that player that would truly elevate our defence IMO.

Having said that with our reported budget we can't expect to sign any VVD's anyway. So signing a player with his experience and ability for that price is a good deal. I imagine if we do pursue this then the prognosis for Kos isn't too good.

Stannis

I think he'd be a signing of the same calibre as Sokratis - a good defender that will help solidify our backline and strengthen our options. But he's not that player that would truly elevate our defence IMO.

Having said that with our reported budget we can't expect to sign any VVD's anyway. So signing a player with his experience and ability for that price is a good deal. I imagine if we do pursue this then the prognosis for Kos isn't too good.

At his best he is a level above Sokratis imo

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Kos was as good as done before the injury, at best he can expect the odd cup game and cover for injuries, therefore a good CB to have in the squad until his contract ends.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Very good defender. He’s 31 too, so would afford us the luxury of being able to loan out some of the younger defenders out, if possible.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Depending on how Kos returns imo. If he returns well then we could sell Mustafi and get him or if he isn't back to his expected level it would be a great piece of business for the short term. Then we could move on Chambers and Mustafi for a young top potential CB.

As a player Benatia would bring vital top level experience, physical prowess, aerial ability and strong but clever play. Emery liked Adil Rami a lot so I could see him being interested in this profile of cb.

HBL

Established Member
Benatia is a quality defender and $15m would be a great deal despite his age. If we signed him I guess it means we'd probably sell two of Chambers, Kosc and Mustafi.

Latest posts

Top Bottom