• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Media Tears

Pop Tart

Established Member
The media for years have been saying we have no backbone. soft as ****.. lack cajones etc.We win a couple of games coming after being down 2 nil down in recent weeks and we are vulnerable and shaky.

surely that is a sign of champions that you can be absolute rubbish but still pull out wins. All teams that win tites have theses type of games.

the contradictions from the pundits and clear biased hatred is non stop.

DuBB

The media for years have been saying we have no backbone. soft as ****.. lack cajones etc.We win a couple of games coming after being down 2 nil down in recent weeks and we are vulnerable and shaky.

surely that is a sign of champions that you can be absolute rubbish but still pull out wins. All teams that win tites have theses type of games.

the contradictions from the pundits and clear biased hatred is non stop.

They're just to be ignored.

We'll possibly win the league this year and by September we'll be pundit's favourites to drop out of the Top 4 next season.

British punditry is so biased and Premier League coverage is so narrative driven that it really needs to be ignored. I don't watch pre-match, halftime or post-match on Sky or BT and haven't done for close to 5 years now. Whether I'm watching Arsenal or watching a neutral game.

It used to be pre-match adverts during the week that would peddle narratives and the game was the game, but now because of this "Sell the Premier League as the best league in the world at all costs" agenda, pre-match ads peddle narratives, "analysis" does, and even commentary. Just think about it - we get 3 man commentary booths now based on who's playing so we can squeeze in one or more of the ex players of the team playing to give us reaction shots like a YouTube channel. What's the difference between what Sky did yesterday with Carra and Neville commentating a United/Liverpool game than back around 10 years ago when Sky used to let two rival fans do alternate commentary on Sky Sports extra?

And then I'm supposed to hope that between one giddy Liverpool fan/player and one gloomy United fan/player that I'll get a better understanding of what I just watched? As they're backed up or egged on by an even older Liverpool fan/player and United fan/player?

Most pundits don't understand football at the level it's played now, can't comprehend things they've just seen enough to give you good analysis, and rely on long-held opinions on players, team's and coaches to dictate how they feel or what they say.

I've been watching clips and long experts of CBS's Golazo Show with Thierry, Carra, Micah and Abdo as hosts and the level of discussion there is by far and away so good it made me come to the conclusion that the way pundits and media talk football here is dictated from above.

Leave it to the Americans to actually allow people who know the sport to talk about the sport in detail, but here because we assume the people on screen know the sport, they're allowed to skip past analysis and rely on narratives to the point where most people can pick out which pundits are racist, who is sexist and who is xenophobic because they've been allowed to say those things several times over the course of several years without reproach.

It's absolutely insane.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Gnev is one of the worst pundits out there
This guy can only speak in cliches. There’s no nuance or intelligence when it comes to opinion on Arsenal. It’s an issue in English analysis because every pundit is guilty of this. “Arsenal have no leaders” because Alan Hansen said so on MOTD 10 years and pundits have run with it ever since. “Arsenal need experience”, “Arsenal don’t have the depth”, “Arsenal always crash in February” etc etc

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Which two are right then Gary?

Still clinging to “no leaders”

Yeah crock of ****, I can understand (but not agree) with his position of arsenal falling short in the Premier League, but to say we still have a soft underbelly and have no leaders has already been proven wrong this season even if we miss out on the PL. Pure unsubstianted rhetoric; the type of crap you expect from that generation of utd players. They are all the same.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Gave up on all Sky/BT punditry after the whole 'Ole' saga where his side could go out and get spanked but they would still stick up for there pal.

Find myself listening to TalkSport for analysis more than anything these days, its not perfect and has some complete weirdos like Adrian Durham still on there but its somewhat balanced and atleast a lot of the opinions are actually challenged by the other hosts etc.

G.Nev and Carragher are the worst though in my opinion, they are cheerleaders.

No idea how anyone can like Carragher, man is just disgusting.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gave up on all Sky/BT punditry after the whole 'Ole' saga where his side could go out and get spanked but they would still stick up for there pal.

Find myself listening to TalkSport for analysis more than anything these days, its not perfect and has some complete weirdos like Adrian Durham still on there but its somewhat balanced and atleast a lot of the opinions are actually challenged by the other hosts etc.

G.Nev and Carragher are the worst though in my opinion, they are cheerleaders.

No idea how anyone can like Carragher, man is just disgusting.
At least Carragher (I know he's a **** for spitting at a 14 year old) can change his mind or hold his hands up when he's wrong, but G.Nev is so welded to his opinion he'll double on it even if he's wrong.

He knows **** all about football and most of his 'analysis' are narrative and agenda driven.

I know it's like an epidemic with ex united players. Most of them know nothing about football. But even guys like Keane who always talk crap about Arsenal being without "leaders" have started changing their tone in recent months.

But Neville will stick to his beliefs even if we win the league. It's what it is. Just gotta ignore hm.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
At least Carragher (I know he's a **** for spitting at a 14 year old) can change his mind or hold his hands up when he's wrong, but G.Nev is so welded to his opinion he'll double on it even if he's wrong.

He knows **** all about football and most of his 'analysis' are narrative and agenda driven.

I know it's like an epidemic with ex united players. Most of them know nothing about football. But even guys like Keane who always talk crap about Arsenal being without "leaders" have started changing their tone in recent months.

But Neville will stick to his beliefs even if we win the league. It's what it is. Just gotta ignore hm.

Cant disagree with that.

I'll tell you a strange pundit right now; Martin Keown, hes constantly on TalkSport and I swear to god I'm embarrassed for the man.

Not even for his footballing opinions either, yes they are bad but Keown seriously gets disrespected to his face on a regular basis and just takes it.

Simon Jordan and Jim White bully him verbally and it can sometimes be a hard listen.

The other day a caller in took him apart as well.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Cant disagree with that.

I'll tell you a strange pundit right now; Martin Keown, hes constantly on TalkSport and I swear to god I'm embarrassed for the man.

Not even for his footballing opinions either, yes they are bad but Keown seriously gets disrespected to his face on a regular basis and just takes it.

Simon Jordan and Jim White bully him verbally and it can sometimes be a hard listen.

The other day a caller in took him apart as well.

He must have soften greatly with age, as that's not the Martin Keown I watched play for us.

Man lived for fights :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom