• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Media

What do you guys think about the media coverage of Arsenal?

Sky seem fairly pro-Arsenal with guys like Frank McLintock, Charlie Nicholas, Alan Smith, George Graham and Brian Marwood. Even Andy Gray is beginning to appreciate us a bit!

BBC seem to be a home for retired Liverpool players with Hansen and Lawrenson - and with SchMeichel, Lineker and Crooks seem to be pretty anti-Arsenal.

Over on ITV the coverage is fairly neutral although Big Ron, Gary Newbon et al always make sure Manchester United get a mention - after Arsenal's win in Milan: 'this was a United like performance', for example.

BBC Radio Five Live seem pretty pro-Arsenal too, expecially with the introduction of the brilliant Jonathan Pearce. Taksport are Arsenal haters though - particularly Durham, Alvin Martin, Brazil and Porky.

The press seem pretty mixed. Those like the Daily Telegraph's Sports News Correspondent Mihir Bose and Sports Writer Sue Mott are clearly ****, but Smudger and Dixon also write excellently for the Telegraph. Harry Harris has now jumped ship to the Daily Express, and also it seems to Chelsea and Roman.

The Sun is pretty biased as well (no doubt Rupert's connections coming into play), while The Mirror is pretty pro-Arsenal, hardly suprising with the poshest ever Gooner, Piers Morgan, as editor.

As for the representation the club get through its website - well to me it seems pretty appalling. Match reports are fine, although any significant news is hidden away, with no unbiased comment offered. arsenal-mania.com do a fine job, with unbiased accounts are a world class forum available - keep it up!

Appreciate any thoughts?

XxGoonaStuxX

Agree. however Sky can be pretty awful or they used to be when they used to have shares in United.
talkSport your right are the worst, That Durham guy is awful and obviously doesn't know anything about football.

beaney

i like jon pearce, very pro arsenal.

also capital golds coverage is normally pretty pro arsenal, but then again its a london radio station so i guess it should be!

talk sport are a bunch of arseholes IMO very very anti Arsenal

XxGoonaStuxX

billandben said:
Over on ITV the coverage is fairly neutral although Big Ron, Gary Newbon et al always make sure Manchester United get a mention - after Arsenal's win in Milan: 'this was a United like performance', for example.
LOL I would ike to see **** thrash Inter 5-. More likeley Inter would nail them 5-1.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

thierrys_girl

Established Member
beaney said:
also capital golds coverage is normally pretty pro arsenal, but then again its a london radio station so i guess it should be!

talk sport are a bunch of arseholes IMO very very anti Arsenal

agreed, capital gold are very pro arsenal, which is great. :)

Mark

Established Member
agreed that johnathan pearce is cool and that ron atkinson is a bit of a man u lover, which is really annoying.

thegame24

Established Member
bbc make me laugh.
they dont hate us but they dont rate us either. like when we beat united red nose said we were lucky. or when owen is compared to henry they say on his day they are pretty equal.

Arsenal316

Who cares? People are going to be biased no matter what. You just have to deal with it.

Certain people here say the FA are pro Man. U and Anti Arsenal. I don't believe that for one second. And anybody who does it an outright fool.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
They've always been against us and they always will.

Football used to be a northern sport and most sports reporters tend to hail from the north. Then in the 30's these southern upstarts not only won everything in sight and got themselves proclaimed as the greatest club side in the world by almost all judges, but they also built the architecturally stunning art deco stand in Avenell Road when all the northern monkeys were in the middle of a depression! North/South divide even then. That basically is the root of the bias against us. It was there when I was growing up in the 70's and the media had Liverpool to fawn over. In the 80's they still had liverpool, and we were mediocre at best. Then late 80's/early 90's we kicked ass and played some brilliant football, but even winning the league with only one defeat got scant praise (although Georges last few years were pretty dire). Then in the 90's the mancs became pre eminant and the press had double reason to be happy. Not only was a north-west team winning everything, but it was the mancs who sell the most media. Weyhey! Double top! Then this French bloke tries to bugger it up for them by laying some of the purest football ever seen, and they can't even call us boring! Poor sods. So the least aggresive Arsenal team I've ever seen play are thugs! mancs good, Arsenal bad. Sell papers.

SO BUGGER THEM! JUST DON'T BELIEVE A WORD UNTIL IT'S BEEN ON THE OFFICIAL SITE (er, for at least a day or two...)

Top Bottom