• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Membership, Tickets, Supporters Club - Queries Here

Spike

Established Member
Lately, there have been alot of discussions or queries on Membership, Tickets and or Supporters Clubs etc.

So I thought it would be beneficial for the Forum and the Members, if this thread can be dedicated for all related discussions, which can be Stickied in the Arsenal Talk.

jester

Established Member
we were told further yesterday about the memberships/ and entrance
the touts will obviously not give out their cards to get in. you will not get in without it, an email is not sufficient.
IF sales go to general sale and theres only a few tickets, people will have to sign up to the membership to get the tickets (it wont be a sell out). however if there is alot of tickets, maybe a carling cup game, then paper tickets WILL be issued. this is the only way people who do not buy memberships and want to buy tickets will get it in.
the problem with touts is apparently you need someone to go to the police and report him straight after buying (thus missing the match they bought), this is the law about touting, without it, a conviction would not be made.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
That's a rubbish explanation. Absolute cobblers. The problem is touts GETTING the tickets and all people have to do is supply the details to the box office AFTER, or go to a steward before leaving the ground. Then the memberships can be cancelled.

Most people would say the real problem is bent people working in the box office.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
By the way - that post is NOT aimed at Jester who was kind enough to pass on what he was told. My problem is with what he was told being cobblers.

bazza_afc

Where do people find the higher success rate to get tickets for the big games, i.e. Chelsea, Man U, Sp**s. Postal app, phone, online?

jester

Established Member
lol i know it wasnt aimed at me.
they said something along the lines of
'we know who they are, the problem is that when they have a membership they have already ordered tickets for the next month, and if we shut down the membership they usually arent so kind as to send the tickets back. they then just buy new memberships (i'm assuming idfferent credit cards)'
because one person said 'its the same old faces every week' and the problem is with the conviction, but you're right, it is them getting the tickets in the first place, not the convictions of them.
hopefully the new system will stop it. The person in chrge said they may find a way around it, or may decide it not worth the trouble and price to do it.
however, their prices (the touts) are into the hundreds for some games (one game v sparta was on red sale and offering price was 130! which would be cheaper if someone bought a membership and the ticket themselves). the touts may find that 30 pounds for a memberhsip card and 40 for a ticket selling for hundreds is still worth it even if they dont get their membership back.
we was told they they managed to cancel over 2000 memberships last season due to touts, which imo is a good start

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Look, I've been going for 30-odd years. and some of the touts you se down St Thomas Road have been at every flaming game! Seriously, the old boy that strolls up and down has probably been touting Arsenal since we were at Woolwich.

They don't really give a toss about stopping the touts so long as they've got the ticket mony.

I'll give you an example. About 10 years back a group of us approached th box office through a solicitor. We wanted to be givn a float to go and buy tickets off touts and then give evidence against them. Despite the letter being re sent (recorded and signed for!) the box office never even replied.

If thy actually wantd to stop touts it would be easy enough.

marco

a lot of people in the club make a lot of money from touts..
Walk up avenell road on any matchday and pat rice's brother is there selling tickets you cant miss him he looks like pat rice for heavens sake!

Someone i know of is a ticket tout and have heard that the arsenal players are always up for making a little bit on the side though the worst footballer for it is mr keane at Sp**s.

jester

Established Member
i know, i said how someone yesterday told them it was the same faces over and over again.
and i do agree somewhat that arsenal do not care as much as they say they do.
however, they are very confident this new system will limit touts if not stop them.

and like you said, you were going to give evidence against them, which isnt cutting them off at the source. apparently it just took them 12 months to get a conviction against a tout, meanwhile he was still touting via his friends credit cards

marco

the thing is though, i despise how much the charge etc and how out of order it is that they get tickets etc etc

but at the end of the day i know that were i never able to get a ticket for an event i could pay way over the odds and gurantee myself one.

for example i will at some point want to go to a superbowl final and i know that if im willing to pay few grand can get a ticket for it at some point in my life... in the same way that if i missed out on a cup final ticket with arsenal i would be able to gurantee myself one and thus not miss out..

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
It's not cutting them off at source but it'sa two headed monster and you've got to get them both really. Anyway, if convicted the courts are supposed to issue exclusion orders against them.

jester

Established Member
remember the case where the judge said to the tout in court 'i dont know when arsenal are playing at home or not, or who they are'
and thus didnt convict him on that basis

(learnt about it in law, but also was said yesterday)

Loyal

bazza_afc said:
Where do people find the higher success rate to get tickets for the big games, i.e. Chelsea, Man U, Sp**s. Postal app, phone, online?

Online and by phone - usually do both. Only missed out on one game since the online system has come in (Juve champions league). Some people i know swear by postal applications and claim they work every time. I wouldn't risk it as i have enough grief with them for away games.

Sie

Loyal said:
bazza_afc said:

Online and by phone - usually do both. Only missed out on one game since the online system has come in (Juve champions league). Some people i know swear by postal applications and claim they work every time. I wouldn't risk it as i have enough grief with them for away games.

Ive done the postal system for the last 2 years and am yet to miss a game. Whether its Chelsea, Man united, champions league quarter/semi its never failed me. I used to order by phone and wait about 2 hours before being told theyre sold out.

For the Bergkamp testimonial i did order online for the first time though, and i found it very useful. Im now torn between postal or online.

In summary, dont order by phone. :D

bazza_afc

Sie said:
Loyal said:
bazza_afc said:

Ive done the postal system for the last 2 years and am yet to miss a game. Whether its Chelsea, Man united, champions league quarter/semi its never failed me. I used to order by phone and wait about 2 hours before being told theyre sold out.

For the Bergkamp testimonial i did order online for the first time though, and i found it very useful. Im now torn between postal or online.

In summary, dont order by phone. :D

I've tried postal and never been successful with big games (I'm family enclosure member does this make a difference to my chance of success with postal app?)

I'm a silver member, and have always had a problem getting tickets for the big games. I was always trying online, due to not really being able to use the phone at work for that kind of thing and I never tried the postal method (not really sure why?). I'm hoping with the larger ticket allocation this year I might start to get lucky. I've never been to a North London derby, hopefully I will this season. :D Fingers crossed.

Ferret

I noticed for the DB game it was 1 ticket per membership.

Is it going to be like this for every game?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
With the avatar next to the question I'm almost scared to tell you that it is one per membership in case your heart gives out.

But what the hell - it is!

Top Bottom