• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Mentality Effect" of signing Gallas and Baptista

BigBoss

The mentality effect on Henry while playing for France says it all...And if Henry plays well the rest of the team will follow....WE ARE BACK IN COMPETITION!!!!

Jeremeister

We got rid of two unhappy whiners who love jet-set life more than footy. Gallas is a top professional with undisputed experience. Baptista is a big question mark though. But in general they can only help. The chemistry is better now.

qs

Established Member
LibertineMart said:
AFCFan4Ever said:
I think the game against ManYoo will be the water test for this current side. Gallas and Bap will have enough training and game time (considering both will probably see action of some sort against Boro) to be ready to play from the start against Utd. so we should really see where this team is at by then.

Personally I think both players will settle in very nicely and make contributions very fast. There would be no better way for them to start than to be immense against ManYoo at OT.

I fear for that guy in your photo against Manure though...remember Reyes.Gary Neville could practically rape Tomas.

Rosickys alot tougher than Reyes, hell my grannys tougher than Reyes. Reyes runs straight into trouble. He goes looking for frees and he gets kicked alot. Thomas is a more experienced player and in my opnion a better player. Alot smarter than Reyes thats for sure.

Canuck I dont think anyone expects Baptista to come in and be Robbie Savage, what we expect of him is to be a physical, tough centre forward who is able to cope in games where the opposition use physicality and strength to try and stop us. Its more a case of him showing no fear and not being bullied that we want as opposed to actual bullying.

Viper

Established Member
Wenger practically knows every language in the world.

He is able to speak Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, English and Japanese from what I've heard.

GoonerBaby

looking at those pictures of them in training makes me so proud there playing for us. these guys will have a huge effect on the mentality of the team especially gallas because hes a winner and hes got bags of experience.

GunnerMania

Btw Djourou is seen on one of those training ground pics....behind connoly.
So looks like he is fit. So probably gallas will play LB and djourou CB.

Ricky_AFC

GunnerMania said:
Btw Djourou is seen on one of those training ground pics....behind connoly.
So looks like he is fit. So probably gallas will play LB and djourou CB.

Yep. Djourou is fit. Gallas is going to start at left back.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom